Suggestions on "new to me" bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions on "new to me" bow

I've been shooting a Bear Charge for a few years now and the lower cam is now leaning/tilted at an extreme angle. I've already put more money into this low-end bow than I should have and I think it is time to upgrade.

My question is should I buy the best new bow I can afford or would I be better off trying to pick something up used? With used bows should I try to stick to something that is just a year or two old or how long of a life can I expect out of one before i start changing out strings and such? I don't have a ton of money to spend so trying to make it stretch as much as possible.

Thanks guys... Looking forward to any help/info y'all have.

New or Used?

Hey there,
    Craig here, Ive been shooting bows since I was a little guy and have yet to purchase anything new. I let the guys who have the big bucks buy the new bows and like yourself buy a couple of years old. Many times Ive saved a bundle on a bow that someone decided wasnt good enough or just didnt fit there needs. I shoot a Martin Sabre Magnum now which I got from a Pawn shop for just under 200.00 last year, replaced the cables and had it overhauled at the bow shop to make sure it was safe. Love it and saved half the price of a new one. Good luck.

Comment

I bought my first bow last year, bought it new. I had no clue as to what I was doing and learned that I needed a 29 draw length. Now that I know a little about bows, from buying and reading stuff here...I would buy my next bow from the classifieds here at TBH. I think you can save money and get a better bow from buying used. Hope that helps, a little.

Comment

You can find lightly used bows in the classifieds all the time some times bare bow or rigged out. And Most Shops Will Mark down a 2012 or 2013 bow to move them off the shelf so they can have room for the new models. And you can get a new bow for a killer deal.

Comment

Just be aware most companies do not warranty a second hand bow no matter how new it is.

Comment

Working...
          X