No announcement yet.

Heavier arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I posted this on another post but, how much of a difference would there be if I used a {340 at 9.3gpi} 125gr. tip than a {400 at 8.4gpi}with the same tip?? how do I equal them out?? The 340 is already heavier. And remember my draw weight is 55lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasredneck View Post
      couple ????'s for you guys since you are talking arrows I got some Beman{c2}ICS Hunter
      from the guys at David's Outdoor World and they cut them at 31" {this from tip to nock} if I go to Academy or Cablea's how do I look for size and weight?? I know that there are some graph's on the back of the box but, what do I look for and should I buy them the same lenght or buy longer and get them cut to size?? And what is FMJ's??

I bought some the other day but noticed the weight was different from the one's I got at the pro shop, so I'm taking them back. They are made by Easton & are 31" in lenght.
      Is this a good brand or should I go back to the pro shop for more??
      Almost forgot, how do ya'll keep your tips tight in the arrow??
      Unscrew your points or BHs, wrap a little dental floss around the screw portion of the point and screw them back in. Kind of like using Loctite, but easier to undo when the time comes.

Comment

Thanks for the tip "ballisticbudda" never heard of putting dental floss on the points.

Comment

I shoot Easton Full Metal Jackets and love 'em. They are heavier than your regular carbon arrows but fly great and I get pass thru's on every deer and hog I shoot. Fly great with my Slick Tricks.
          If I was shooting tournaments I'd go with something lighter but for hunting I don't think they can be beat.

Comment

Working...
          X