Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    Apparently the ATF was fast tracking some form 4's and that's where the strange random quick turnarounds were coming from. A bunch of people complained and they issued a letter stating they were putting a stop to it.

Also read reports of form 4's filed through silencer shop getting reject due to signature font? Anyone heard about or been affected by this?
    Yes there were a few people showing rejections a couple months ago but nothing recently that I can recall

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
      I bought My first through Capitol Armory on cyber Monday. Sig SRD762 QD. Did all of my fingerprints and such. My question is how do I know when the check is cashed?
      I got an email a few weeks ago letting me know it was cashed.

Comment

Originally posted by savin yours View Post
        Where are you shooting at, that you shoot 600 yards? I’m down the road from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Greenwood outside of Brazoria.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
          I got an email a few weeks ago letting me know it was cashed.
          Thanks. 👍🏻 Got an email they mailed my form 4 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Yes there were a few people showing rejections a couple months ago but nothing recently that I can recall

Got ya. Good to hear. After their horrible handling of the form 1 fiasco and hearing about that, I was kind of iffy in buying another through them. I want to go through them though since they already have my info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Joined the list of the waiting today

Hoping the wait is less than a year but not holding my breath either
              Got a call today

335 days from purchase (Jan 9)

Going to pick up Thursday

Comment

I'm a little late to post in here, but I filed my form 4 on 6/26/19, stamp received 11/12/19.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenW View Post
                  I'm a little late to post in here, but I filed my form 4 on 6/26/19, stamp received 11/12/19.
                  Under 5mos

Comment

trust or individual

Comment

Crazy. Check cashed on mine 4/9/19 and still nothing. So frustrating the variations in time.

Comment

Form 4 Wait

A friend of mine just got some stamps back that we’re submitted in Jan 2019. All F4 on a trust with a single responsible person.

I was recently told that the ATF was running a pilot program for expedited forms. Don’t know the specifics but was told basically if you were eligible to own a firearm based solely on a NICS check that there was no further background review done. Average turnaround on those approvals were 4 months (which is still too long). It’s my understanding that the program has since been scrapped. But it could account for some of the random forms that get/got turned around quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          A friend of mine just got some stamps back that we’re submitted in Jan 2019. All F4 on a trust with a single responsible person.

I was recently told that the ATF was running a pilot program for expedited forms. Don’t know the specifics but was told basically if you were eligible to own a firearm based solely on a NICS check that there was no further background review done. Average turnaround on those approvals were 4 months (which is still too long). It’s my understanding that the program has since been scrapped. But it could account for some of the random forms that get/got turned around quickly.

Yup. It was scrapped because people found out about it and complained about line cutters.

Good to hear about your buddy. I have one that went pending in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Very well said and thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                              trust or individual
                              Individual

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              Crazy. Check cashed on mine 4/9/19 and still nothing. So frustrating the variations in time.
                              My buddy put in for his 3 weeks before me at the same shop on the same can and hasn't heard anything back yet.

Comment

Individual

My buddy put in for his 3 weeks before me at the same shop on the same can and hasn't heard anything back yet.

Luck of the draw. Depends on what reviewer you get at the ATF and their backlog.

Comment

Working...
                                X