No announcement yet.

Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Havent seen anything my past 2 sits. One was this evening. The other was yesterday

Comment

Coyote this evening. 4 ducks, a dove. No deer

Comment

So any luck guys?? How about that 9 point is he still wondering around?

Comment

My son missed a few weeks ago. Cut him some slack. Hes 8. My son had 2 bucks come well within range. They fought head to head under the tree i put my son in. The bucks got done fighting, one broke to my sons left. He let an arrow fly w his xbow. He missed. The deer was snorting and ran straight towards me. I was in a tree 60 yrds from my son. I thought i was gona have to shoot clean up. The deer came towards me, then broke to my right and off he went. My son got the experience of a lifetime, and so did i. I got to watch from my tree. I watched my 8yr old sit by himself, have 2 bucks fight right under him, and my son make his own decision to shoot at a mature deer. My adrenaline ran for days. Thats just a tidbit of what we ve experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            My son missed a few weeks ago. Cut him some slack. Hes 8. My son had 2 bucks come well within range. They fought head to head under the tree i put my son in. The bucks got done fighting, one broke to my sons left. He let an arrow fly w his xbow. He missed. The deer was snorting and ran straight towards me. I was in a tree 60 yrds from my son. I thought i was gona have to shoot clean up. The deer came towards me, then broke to my right and off he went. My son got the experience of a lifetime, and so did i. I got to watch from my tree. I watched my 8yr old sit by himself, have 2 bucks fight right under him, and my son make his own decision to shoot at a mature deer. My adrenaline ran for days. Thats just a tidbit of what we ve experienced.
            That is awesome. Teach em right!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

So cool! Can't take my son!

Comment

...and then you woke up from your dream and had to go to work. [emoji3]

Cool story. It’s gonna happen sooner or later. And if not this season, you’re learning some valuable intel for next season!

Comment

I just work up at work larry! Lol

Comment

Had a buck chase a doe by me at 10 yds this morning, no shot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Txcatsailor01 View Post
                      Anyone have access to a tracking dog for tonight?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you ever find your deer?
                      I'm assuming that's why you needed a tracking dog.

Comment

No

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

had some success the other evening. 10 scorable points with good mass
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great deer. One near the golf course about that size. May be him. Congrats!

Comment

Well done!!! Great deer on a hard place to hunt.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X