Shoot through mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot through mesh

How many of y’all shoot your trad equipment thru the mesh windows?

I have with no issues in the past

Comment

No issues at all. I would think a poorly tuned arrow would have problems though.

Comment

Not me

Comment

I haven’t had any issues with the net affecting arrow flight, but I have depth perception issues (everything looks farther than it is) when shooting through mesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I do, no problems.

Comment

Every blind I own has shoot thru mesh in the windows. If your arrows are well tuned, and you can deal with the depth perception, it is an awesome way to go. I love the feeedom if movement I have in the blind with critters at point blank range!!!!

Idk how many critters I’ve shot thru mesh all together, but I’ve shot over a dozen this year!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I shoot through mesh, but it does mess with you a bit when it come to distance especially when the light starts waning, just know your distance beforehand and shoot accordingly.
                As far as arrow flight it only affects it when you hit the material edge, lol, been there.

Comment

does mesh have to be stretched tight...or loose but not flopping...it seem to me you would have to be pretty square with screen...These are questions I have in back of mind..I never have shot thru any...I am seldom ground bound usually up up some tree or something..
                  Not tryin to steal thread just geta couple Q answered while we on subject

Comment

Shoot through mesh

The mesh does need to be tight. The only shots I have found to avoid are very extreme angled shots. The mesh does have its disadvantages. Like mentioned above, it can mess with depth perception a bit. For me, everything looks closer than it really is. I know distances at all my blinds before I ever hunt there, and I’ve done it enough now, that it doesn’t bother me at all. If you face the blind mostly east or west, you will have sun glare problems. I solve this by facing them more south or north, and tucking my blind up under a big tree so it is always in the shade. It will also cost you a few minutes of shooting light right at dusk and dawn.

To me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Like I said above, I love the freedom of movement I have with critters right in front of me.

Bisch

Comment

I don't

Comment

I can shoot my arrows through it just fine, but don't like shooting through it at all.
                        Trying to focus a shot through it messes with my eyes big time.

I still use it in my blinds, but I pull it to the side just enough to give me a gap to shoot through.

I set behind it, and watch out through it.
                        When the shot opportunity presents itself, I just lean over to the gap & shoot.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X