Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form

Been shooting a lot lately. I have had a case of tennis elbow on my right arm. I am right handed. I don’t know if this is the reason but I keep short drawing. I think I have lost about 1 1/2” of draw. Tried videoing myself to see if I did so I would see it and stop but that hasn’t happened yet. Urrr

This may or may not your issue but when I am short drawing it is usually because of my head position. Some call it "turkey necking" - holding your head forward at the draw even just a little bit will shorten your draw and make your arrows fly with a weak indication . I fix it by concentrating on keeping my head upright and inline with the spine.

Comment

try opening up your stance a tad also, that should help some to help you get full draw

Comment

I get tennis elbow bad in my bow arm. I fixed how I was gripping the bow and it went away finally. Look at your string hand on video. Tennis elbow is all about what’s going on with your wrist. If your torquing your wrist you’ll loose a lot of draw length too. Good luck.

Comment

I'm fighting in now in my bow arm. Wasn't caused by shooting but it sure is limiting it.

Gary

Comment

Made a Formaster with leather straps six months ago and haven't looked back. Transformed my form completely. I am 74 and not as strong as I was when I started shooting a Longbow 28 years ago. No tendonitis, tennis elbow, rotator cuff issues.....NADA. It did take that six months to rid myself of 28 years of bad form and muscle memory. I am now at a point where my form is near automatic and my Target Panic is gone. Suffered from that for the last 15 years. Can shoot with a cant and sitting on a stool. Form and feel are everything, then you can refine your aim. Split vision for now with three under. Take my first shot at a 3D Deer Target everyday. Amazing how good that feels when he gets heart shot like this morning.

Comment

Working...
            X