Official 2019-2020 benbrook corp thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topshot View Post
    The corp should place you and your son in the hunt area. I heard last year was an overwhelming success. Id expect the same this year.

Great, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a decent set up, I think, for hunt 6. Set up yesterday, skipped the morning hunt to let my scent dissipate. Been in the stand for a couple hours now and no movement yet. Got a for on camera this morning about 10 minutes before legal light. I will keep yall posted.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Illegal Deer Shot

I didn't get drawn this year, but am still doing some scouting. I got a picture, taken on 11/2, of a deer that obviously does not have a 13" spread with an arrow in it. Looks like someone from a tree stand, West side of the lake.
        Attached Files

Comment

That sucks...I'm on the west side. If I see him I'm gonna have to burn my tag on him...

Comment

Unless he has healed and is thriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace141 View Post
              Unless he has healed and is thriving.

Yeah, it was a video that I actually got, and he looks to be walking alright. I'd be hesitant to shoot him if I were you since I think he is still illegal due to antler restrictions. But, a Game Warden might be sympathetic.

Comment

I just hate seeing wounded deer. I know it happens, I've done it too, I just hate seeing it. I have a shooter on camera but if the wounded one comes in it might be a flip of the coin. I dunno. It depends I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey Hunter View Post
                  I didn't get drawn this year, but am still doing some scouting. I got a picture, taken on 11/2, of a deer that obviously does not have a 13" spread with an arrow in it. Looks like someone from a tree stand, West side of the lake.
                  Wow that's crazy!

Comment

Monday afternoon, there has been a dead buck 100 yards east of 377, on 1187 on the south side of the road just past the dock builder. It wasn't there last Thursday. And I didn't work Friday or the weekend. Rack looks very similar. And most of the corps is almost gone as of today. Head is still there with the rack. I can't stop there to look closer due to the traffic. They cross the road between that last A/C business in the high fence and the cut-off before the stables all the time. I also see them cross 1187 just west of Bear Creek before you get to the old water tower on the corner. I done forgot the name of that road. But it takes you back to the Bear Creek Park. So be careful when traveling through that area. I've seen more dead deer in those two spots than on the rest of 1187 in my life time.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-20-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

There lay in front of the horse stable cut-off, on the south side of 1187, another young buck like the one above. It wasn't there yesterday. And the buzzards had just landed on it. But had not ripped it open yet when I passed by.

You fellers hunt-n out there need to quit pushing the deer off the ACE property! That makes two within a week!

(j/k)

Comment

I saw it on the way out here this afternoon. I had that buck on camera.

Comment

My hunt starts next Sunday out there.

Comment

Anyone available to help try to find a buck I shot this morning?

Comment

Just now seeing this. And it's about 15 minutes from my house to there.

Comment

I just cut my losses. I tried all day. He was hit solid but no blood at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X