No announcement yet.

Is there a way to fix this mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if they will have any standby slots. You might get lucky and someone else will no-show and you can get their spot. They might have to have you decline your single spot, then make that spot open as a standby, which you can then win as a standby applicant. If others show up as standby applicants, they might win your spot out from under you. If you win a spot this way, you'll have to pay the standby fee but at least you're hunting. You might have to combine with other standby hunters as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      See if they will have any standby slots. You might get lucky and someone else will no-show and you can get their spot. They might have to have you decline your single spot, then make that spot open as a standby, which you can then win as a standby applicant. If others show up as standby applicants, they might win your spot out from under you. If you win a spot this way, you'll have to pay the standby fee but at least you're hunting. You might have to combine with other standby hunters as well.
      That's not a bad idea. We may try that. My son insists I Hunt but I really don't want to without him.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
        Just an FYI. We were drawn for this hunt last weekend. 10 standby groups for only 1 spot. They did open up 2 other spots but they were small and out of the way and biologist said they weren’t holding many ducks. This is apparently a very popular hunt with standby folks.

Anyway there was a single who got drawn and had 2 buddies come as standby. Buddies didn’t get drawn and site said they couldn’t make an exception and just let them hunt with drawn hunter. Basically standing firm on the only drawn applicants can hunt. If u r close, may be worth trying standby though because.....

I have never seen so many ducks in my life. We all took limits. Lots of teal nd of course, shovelers but we got selective after awhile and picked up several big ducks (redhead, mallard, gadwall and pintail). Best of luck on whatever u decide.

Comment

Thanks, I'm working through options. Technically the rule said you could not add or change group after the application.
          I may let him try standby and if he gets drawn, hunt with me. I'm going to check with the wma and see.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
            Thanks, I'm working through options. Technically the rule said you could not add or change group after the application.
            I may let him try standby and if he gets drawn, hunt with me. I'm going to check with the wma and see.
            Give Matt a call at the WMA. If he gets drawn standby, I’m sure they would let him hunt with u and just draw another group for the open spot.

Comment

Working...
            X