Nock “mod” question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nock “mod” question

I have several lighted nocks that I need to widen the throat on a tad so they don’t snap so tight on the string

What is the best method to do this so they will shoot consistently?

I thought about a folded piece of sandpaper but concerned there would be no uniformity from nock to nock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful modifying nocks. You don’t want a dry fire. I’ve heard you can dip your nock in some very hot water then put it immediately on your string to widen it out some. Do this at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Be careful modifying nocks. You don’t want a dry fire. I’ve heard you can dip your nock in some very hot water then put it immediately on your string to widen it out some. Do this at your own risk.
      That is the reason I am asking, not worth breaking my bow or being able to post pics of a carbon arrow through my arm/hand

Hot water trick would ruin light part I would think?

Comment

Can you buy new nocks, the next size larger?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          That is the reason I am asking, not worth breaking my bow or being able to post pics of a carbon arrow through my arm/hand

Hot water trick would ruin light part I would think?
          Only put the forks in, not the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            Can you buy new nocks, the next size larger?
            I think I have 9 of these, there is no difference in the throat size.

I have some that fit a different ID arrow and they snap on as tight as these do

Comment

I forgot to tell you, those little lights were originally used in fishing bobbers so maybe they are at least water resistant. I’ve had them full of blood and they still worked.

Comment

You can sand them. 240grit will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  You can sand them. 240grit will work fine.
                  Probably a better idea.

Comment

I used some 600 wrapped around the edge of an old ATM card and lightly sanded the narrower area

Sand a little, try, sand a little more and try again.

I could not visibly see a difference but I could feel the difference snapping on and off the string.

Comment

I use emery cloth folded over a hack saw blade, then finish it off with very fine sandpaper, to get it really smooth. I've had no issues with any of mine.

Comment

Working...
                      X