X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
      Any of you guys shooting the psa 20 inch ? Best I could do was 2 in group at 100 yds with the factory hornady rounds..

X2
      I would like to know this as well. Thats the reason i started this thread because im looking hard at the PSA 20” upper in 6.5 grendel.

I shot 8 hogs in two groups last week with my 223. Shooting the hornady 55 grain spire point. First hog shot in the face actually ran off. The group ran to me, and i hit 3 more point blank in the neck and shoulders. Visible blood and they made it 200+ yards to the neighbors.

Second group busted out and i hit 4 more, dropping one.

The 223 is fun, but i want a little more knock down power if i continue to hunt with an AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 11 yr old took a Javi at 165yds at Chap this year along with 2 whitetails and 2 hogs at Abilene State Park.

We built our 6.5G together and for less than you can purchase a pre-built unit.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          X2
          I would like to know this as well. Thats the reason i started this thread because im looking hard at the PSA 20” upper in 6.5 grendel.

I shot 8 hogs in two groups last week with my 223. Shooting the hornady 55 grain spire point. First hog shot in the face actually ran off. The group ran to me, and i hit 3 more point blank in the neck and shoulders. Visible blood and they made it 200+ yards to the neighbors.

Second group busted out and i hit 4 more, dropping one.

The 223 is fun, but i want a little more knock down power if i continue to hunt with an AR.

The Grendel is your piece.

Comment

X2

I bought the cheap 18" SST bull barrel from Delta Team Tactical.

Shooting 123g Hornady SST @ 100yd 1" or less.

Now the wolf steel case ammo on the other hand...you would be good to hold a 4" circle @ 100yds, but it sure is fun and cheap to shoot.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Guess i will be ordering an upper pretty soon.

Dale, any suggestions on Optics? I have the Nikon P223 but i dont think the mil dots transfer to any other caliber offerings

Comment

Also, what sort of range are you getting out of these setups?

Comment

I just put a Vortex that I had on it, I don't really know much about mil dots.

Comment

I love my 6.5 Grendel on whitetail... shooting 123 grain SST... I harvested 5 doe this year with no issues.

Comment

I bet it kills things.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Guess i will be ordering an upper pretty soon.

Dale, any suggestions on Optics? I have the Nikon P223 but i dont think the mil dots transfer to any other caliber offerings

Use the Nikon spot on app. You can plug in your Ballistics or use factory loads and it will tell you where to aim.

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                          I've only killed two deer and a couple of hogs with it so far but all were DRT. 123gr SSTs tear a pretty good hole! It's generally the gun I grab when headed to the stand.

Marshall
                          I’ve only hunted a handful of time with my Grendel and same results. Two hogs and both were DRT (no head or neck shots either).

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                            Use the Nikon spot on app. You can plug in your Ballistics or use factory loads and it will tell you where to aim.
                            I have one scope with that reticle. I’m impressed. Plug in your data, and it tells you what to do. I have the 4-12 buck master, and sighted in at 100 the dots correlate at **** near 100 yard intervals at 10x.

I might have to buy a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              Any of you guys shooting the psa 20 inch ? Best I could do was 2 in group at 100 yds with the factory hornady rounds..
                              I dont have the PSA 20" but my upper doesnt like SST either. I shoot 123 ELDM at deer and 120 Gr. Fusion. Took a very large boar a couple of weeks ago with Fusion. DRT

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                                I dont have the PSA 20" but my upper doesnt like SST either. I shoot 123 ELDM at deer and 120 Gr. Fusion. Took a very large boar a couple of weeks ago with Fusion. DRT
                                I ordered a couple boxes of the fusion msr. Hoping for better results..

Comment

Working...
                                X