Big Knife Build - For the Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Knife Build - For the Movies

Made a fun horse trade that took a couple weeks to complete. My neighbor helped me install a lift on the truck as well as some other work and I told him I'd make him a knife for his efforts. Didn't see this coming but he said he had just seen The Hunted and wanted the same knife from the movie! Made a few changes to that particular design and worked up a nice horizontal/vertical optional sheath for it and off we went. Good fun designing this one and made a false top edge and used some nice green micarta for the handle. You can see in the rough cut photo I drilled holes first to create the area I would grind back to that makes the jimping for the thumb area. Found a new "secret sauce" I tried for etching the damascus and like the new mix!
    Attached Files

Out of the park - again...

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Man, that is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          Out of the park - again...
          Thanks friend!
          Here’s a better look at the blade pattern itself as well as some of the hand file work on the spine.
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW! That is really well done!

Comment

Beautiful work!

Comment

beauty

Comment

Thanks! Went with hollow tubes and just one center mosaic to allow a cord to be tied in multiple places for different uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                    Thanks! Went with hollow tubes and just one center mosaic to allow a cord to be tied in multiple places for different uses.

The knife looks fantastic! And I really like that idea ^^^! I was gonna ask. But you already answered.

Comment

Seen the movie and I always wanted one. Looks great.

Comment

Killing it Brian! What steel and thickness did you go with on this build?

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          Killing it Brian! What steel and thickness did you go with on this build?

Sierracharlie out....
                          Thanks buddy! Started with a .140” billet of Alabama damascus ladder pattern. It’s one of my favorite patterns. On a deep etch you can really see the choyance!

Comment

Absolute stunner bud! Nice work!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              The knife looks fantastic! And I really like that idea ^^^! I was gonna ask. But you already answered.
                              Haa. Thanks. I’ve seen some folks want to use the front area of the grip to secure so I figured it’s worth a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X