Name:	73F59292-112F-4481-A09E-C2622BEEB536.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	24575125
    Couple more

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Clear coat over the paint.
      I had a few people tell me that so I started checking on you tube. Last week we went to a show and there were a lot of trucks done like that. So we started prepping the truck for clear and was able to rattle can it this weekend. I’m pretty happy with how it came out. I realize the clear isn’t a forever fix but it may get him through high school.
      He also took his seat apart this weekend and gave the frame some fresh paint. We welded in the new floor pans and hope to see fed ex this week with the new floor and the stuff to recover the seat.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good,, great project

Comment

Cool

Comment

Awesome project!

Takes guts for someone “not a mechanic” to take on a project like this!

Comment

Keep us posted!

Comment

No parts came in before the weekend. This will give us the time to clean up the corner of the shop we have been working out of and do some of the little things to get ready for our parts delivery.
                We are expecting the new Carpet, stuff to rebuild the seat and reupholster it. We are also waiting for a lot of little things we need to put all the trim back and new lens for the turn signals and break lights.
                We have decided on a color and I ordered the replacement bed floor today. It will take about 3 weeks, I will be anxiously awaiting this delivery! He wanted the dark Montana.
                Thanks everyone for following along.
                Attached Files

Comment

what a great project for a dad and son!

Comment

Looks like fun. Following along.

Comment

Can't wait to do one of these with my kids.

Probably start with a Cj5.

Comment

That's going to be a really cool machine when it's all done. I love that you're going to keep the paint as is and that wood in the bed is going to look really sharp. Thanks for posting and hope I can do this with one of my kids one day!

Comment

He picked the same color I would have picked.
                          Looks like a good project. Always wanted to do one

Comment

Thanks again to everyone who is following along. Some of our shipment has came in but not all of it. Hoping the rest is delivered tomorrow. We did receive the new carpet and sound dampening for the cab floor, we are going to let it set over night to “relax” and then get started tomorrow night and work this weekend on putting the trim back on, installing the carpet, and hope to get the seat recovered and back in place. I will take pictures as the work is happening this weekend and post pics of the progress.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good Morning everyone. I wanted to brag on my son a little bit.
                              Yesterday we get the shipment of parts that we have been waiting on, as excited as I was about it, I feel like I’m trying to fight off a cold or something so after I picked him up from work, he wanted to work on the truck late. I told him I wasn’t going to be able to hang with him, He said he was fine and he was just going to work on putting some trim on. Well this morning I went out to the shop to see what he had done and he definitely impressed me. He took it upon himself to rebuild the seat, now that might not seem like that big of a deal but it shows me that he is taking a bit of ownership with his truck. One of the things I hope to get out of this project is not just the memories that we get to share working on it but to teach him a little know how and to make him appreciate the truck, which hopefully translates to him taking better care of it.
                              I’ll update everyone after the weekend with the progress.
                              Attached Files

Comment

So much awesome going on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X