Baby on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby on the way

I have my first baby due on June 1st and I couldn't be more excited! We don't know the gender and aren't finding out till the birth.

Lets hear your best early stages dad advice as a ONE liner or your best tip, feel like this could be fun

Do not change the noise level in your house or your baby will wake up every time your buttcheek moves on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Save your money, you'll need it.

Comment

One parent will gag from kid vomit, the other will be in charge of cleaning it up. You won't know which you are until it starts spewing.

Comment

Don’t let your company get bought out and losing insurance at 38 weeks pregnant…

In all seriousness, be patient. I’m a new dad and my frustration really comes from not being able to do much at the beginning. It will be all about mama. You’ll get to hold him/her and change diapers etc. but I’m just now more in a playing stage with my daughter who is five months almost 6 months. The first four months I just tried to support momma as best I could. Did most of cooking and cleaning etc. my wife said she missed cooking today and offered to make dinner lol. Just be patient and enjoy the ride. Congratulations on the new adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            One parent will gag from kid vomit, the other will be in charge of cleaning it up. You won't know which you are until it starts spewing.

I literally laughed out loud at that one. I’m the gagger, but my wife faints at blood, so we call it even on clean ups.

Comment

Unless there is a medical issue momma has to nurse the baby. You can sleep all night.

Comment

Our first is due next Saturday so in the same boat! We went ahead and found out it's a boy.

Comment

Between mama, the baby, and holding a full time job, start training now to run on 2-3 hours sleep for the next 2 years.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

There’s no God given privilege greater than changing a sh#tty diaper at 2:00am. Congrats. You’ve hit the big league.👍😩

Comment

I didnt share the same bond with my kids that my wife did until several months in… it made me feel like I was a poor father, the bond took time to grow. It’s normal, remember she has had 9 months of feeling the heartbeat and such…

Now I would run naked through a pit full of rattle snakes for them!!

Comment

Sleep as much as you can now! Have a 2 and 6 yr old, gets better with time.

Put child in his/her own room around 2-3 months.
                        Start 529 as soon as you can.
                        Do what's right for yall, dont listen to family suggestions unless you ask.

Enjoy it bud, it flys by as my baby girl is already in kindergarden!

Comment

Don't worry about other kids milestones. People will judge you based on if your kid is crawling, walking, potty training, ect when they think it should or when there kid did and tell you all about what your doing wrong or how to do it different. Screw them. Just do what's right for your family.

Comment

Dont tell the wife how big her nose is....

Comment

Don’t hold them 24-7

Comment

Working...
                              X