Testosterone Therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    How far in between injections are you getting checked? The closer to the injection date means the higher the number. Have it drawn at the 2 week mark if, you're doing it every 2 wks. This will give you an accurate reading.
    I don't recall the time frame from injection to sample. I do know I was getting injections on Monday evening and my last sample was taken on a Friday. I really don't remember if it was the week of the injection or a week later.

I may split mine and do it weekly, just to see, but I don't recall any emotional swings. When I got my first two shots, I got quite a bit of boost from them, but all seems normal now. No great ups or downs.

I started giving myself the needle about 2 months ago, a lot cheaper.

Comment

So I did test treatment for about six months or so in 2015 and did a shot every two weeks due to going to the low t center and cost- same deal no improvement it seemed like when they did blood and I was all the way up to 3.5 every two weeks..... because of the half-life I simply wasn’t doing it the right way but they would not let me give myself shots- so I stopped. Fast forward to us moving to Waco and two months ago I found a different doctor here that would prescribe. Numbers were low 200’s and I just turned 33. Anyway I started with 1 mil every 7 days and just had blood work done, I was mid 900’s but my free was 28 something so a little too high. She gave me the option of 1 mil every 8 days or half every 4. I opted for the 1/2 every 4. I feel great, my body composition is drastically changing, I have all of the other benefits the other guys have talked about so I won’t go into it. It is much much cheaper to give yourself the shots, and that has allowed me to fix the timing issues so I am actually doing it right now. Find someone who will allow you to do it the right way at home and you will significantly see good changes.

Comment

Life is good, all I'm going to say. Make sure you have a ****** doc that knows what the **** he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
          How bad do you have to feel to need this treatment?

If you are a senior citizen in terrific shape, have energy, sex six times a week, and exercises four to seven times a week with high intensity intervals and weight/resistance, should you get checked?
          I go full bore for thirty second intervals. I usually shut it down if my heart rate hits 175, let it drop back to about 128, then ramp up again. I'm shaped well with lean muscle, maybe 6% bodyfat, and I'm not interested in mass, would this treatment help me?

My goal is ONLY to stay active and capable until the finish line and I hope that is about 110 years old.

You for real? Pretty sure nothing would make it better.. I think your full of **** if your married.. 6 days a week.. pfff

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
            Nobody has sex six times and week unless its with them self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i was never what my doctor would say was "low" but i was at the lower end of acceptable. I don't remember my exact numbers but they have gone up each of the last 2 years since I started doing crossfit, I will be getting my next test later this month and will dig up my old reports. I have always lifted but was never into squats/deadlift/cleans very much, there is no doubt in my mind that doing them 3-4 times a week have directly affected my T.

Comment

Do yall watch your weight and workout/run?

Pumping yourself with test, steroids, or HGH in the end is not good for your health. Seen way too many inject for sports reasons. Even with a post cycle and liver sups

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Pumping yourself with test, steroids, or HGH in the end is not good for your health. Seen way too many inject for sports reasons. Even with a post cycle and liver sups
                  What’s not healthy is being severely below the healthy ranges, that’s why doctors prescribe this and keep a close eye on it. I have blood work done every six weeks so we are very aware of everything going on with my body. How often do you guys who are against this have blood work done? See your doctor? Have discussions with your doctors based on the facts of your tests?

I’m not saying that it is for everyone, but my life is better with it and we are Very Aware of everything going on in my body.

And by the way I am a 33 year old in shape former college athlete who has always been very aware of my body and what it is saying to me, for whatever that’s worth.

Comment

Yep, lift/do cardio 5-6 days a week. I’d venture to say the sides of being on test are far less than the sides of being test low causing you to be tired, lazy, emotional, getting fat, causing heart/cholesterol issues. But.....it’s all about moderation and not abusing it. In the end it’s your body, take care of it the best you can. You only get one. If your getting blood work done and have a good dr you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                      Yep, lift/do cardio 5-6 days a week. I’d venture to say the sides of being on test are far less than the sides of being test low causing you to be tired, lazy, emotional, getting fat, causing heart/cholesterol issues. But.....it’s all about moderation and not abusing it. In the end it’s your body, take care of it the best you can. You only get one. If your getting blood work done and have a good dr you’ll be fine.

Spot on

Comment

Seems to be a lot of good info in this thread. I'm anticipating my doctor prescribing shots every 2 weeks once I get my second blood test results back. From what I'm reading, the half life on the injectible test. is only around 8 days so I should consider shots every week instead of every 2? Makes sense to me. What other questions should I ask my dr.? Does everyone get the same kind of testosterone, just varying dosages depending on what the dr. thinks? How hard was it for those of you who do your own shots to get used to that? Do you inject into your thigh muscle? How long before you felt/noticed results? Where those results substantial?

I get it that in order to maximize your bang for the buck that you must be willing to become more physically active and make sure your weight is where it should be. It needs to be a lifestyle adjustment in other words. I'm kind of thinking this is a no brainer in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                          Seems to be a lot of good info in this thread. I'm anticipating my doctor prescribing shots every 2 weeks once I get my second blood test results back. From what I'm reading, the half life on the injectible test. is only around 8 days so I should consider shots every week instead of every 2? Makes sense to me. What other questions should I ask my dr.? Does everyone get the same kind of testosterone, just varying dosages depending on what the dr. thinks? How hard was it for those of you who do your own shots to get used to that? Do you inject into your thigh muscle? How long before you felt/noticed results? Where those results substantial?

I get it that in order to maximize your bang for the buck that you must be willing to become more physically active and make sure your weight is where it should be. It needs to be a lifestyle adjustment in other words. I'm kind of thinking this is a no brainer in my case.
                          Definitely go with weekly shots, ask about Dim. I take 150 mg morning and evening, it is an estrogen inhibitor more or less. Excess testosterone in your body can turn in to estrogen and this keeps it from happening. Ordered mine off of amazon like 25 bucks for a 3 month supply. I take testoerone cypionate and I’m assuming most here do as well. You will notice immediate results as far as how you feel and then will take a bit of time and blood work to figure out what your ideal dose for desired levels. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to sticking myself, needles don’t bother me a bit I was just a bit bit clunky and careful with it at first, now it’s a breeze. I definitely feel better in all of the ways discussed throughout the thread and I wouldn’t say it’s like holy **** wow! But you there is definitely a difference- my body feels better, I’m happier, I look better....... I am certainly happier.

Comment

There is also a difference in amount of Testosterone taken for HRT vs athletic performance. 100-200 mg weekly vs 400 mg and up, plus all the other gear those guys are on, makes a huge difference.

I try to workout 4-6 times per week.

Comment

I got a question for you experienced guys that self administer.

I've been doing it for a little over two months. 5 injections, 1 every two weeks. Yes, I am going to try every week, so that is not the question.

My question is: Has your injection site ever ached for more than a few hours. I say ached, but really just a bit of pressure. The next day, if I bump the area directly, you know where the injection was, but no real hurt.

Until this last time, Sunday evening. I don't really know if I did something wrong, got between muscles or what. I'm not even sure it is related to the shot. but the area above the injection site was really sore and hurt like heck to sit and even walk. I may have pulled/strained a muscle and didn't even realize it, but the pain finally subsided last night and all I have now is a little stiffness and very slight pain.

Anybody ever experience anything that resembles that?

Comment

Testosterone Therapy

So being that your new to injections means those muscles are new to all this. Virgin muscles. After a while for whatever reason the soreness is pretty rare. Occasionally though you get one that just knots up like heck. It’ll subside after a while. Just part of it I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X