No announcement yet.

The Official 2020 TBH/APR Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert, on a 300 win mag build do y'all use a different reamer on a rifle that will be used with only heavier bullets (215 berger class)? Garrett suggested the 1:9 over the 1:10 twist but was curious about the throat after i placed my order.

Comment

Very, nice one day. If anyone has a last years APR build they would want to sell to upgrade to this years please PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Headhunter View Post
        Is there anyway i can substitute the McMillan carbon game hunter for game warden, left handed shooter, just makes it easy to where everyone can shoot in my family. Don’t want a huge cheek pad and it makes sense to keep it right. Thanks
        Robert,
        I’m a southpaw in the same boat and my other McMillan is a Game Scout cause it’s ambidextrous. Would like to participate again this year but need to confirm if we can go lefty/lefty on the action and game hunter that has the raised cheek piece. If not, I can go righty again but would need ambidextrous stock. Looking Option 1 28 Nosler. Please confirm options there. Thanks Again!
        Last edited by DRD; 01-11-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
          Robert, on a 300 win mag build do y'all use a different reamer on a rifle that will be used with only heavier bullets (215 berger class)? Garrett suggested the 1:9 over the 1:10 twist but was curious about the throat after i placed my order.

That 1:9 is a money twist. I’ve shot 200gr projectiles through it and they performed stellar as well as the heavy stuff

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Is the action the main difference from last years build with Option 1?

I know the stock is different, but seems to be a similar purpose. I love mine from last year (honestly thought I would be out this year since I like it so much), but with the integral recoil lug, this seems to be a fine choice for a magnum. Leaning toward 7 mag for aoudad and muleys I’m planning on going after. Am I on the right track?

Originally posted by raw10628 View Post
            Does the 280 AI have good factory ammo options? I’m familiar with the 6.5 PRC but not the 280 AI. I do not currently reload or plan to in the future so I would be dependent on factory options. Have thought about going to Copper Creek or one of the other custom load shops though.

I agree with Slick8 on the 7 mag for what you posted. For a “do all” rifle, good off the shelf ammo is important, IMO. Although I don’t have one, yet...

Comment

Anybody try the new 6.5 PRC Berger 156gr bullets? Saw that copper creek had some in their offerings and seemed 1:8 was recommended for all bullet weights in the prc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Started ladder testing and at 2950fps with a decent node, RL26 and ADG brass. Probably can push it a bit more to reach 3,000.

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                Anybody try the new 6.5 PRC Berger 156gr bullets? Saw that copper creek had some in their offerings and seemed 1:8 was recommended for all bullet weights in the prc.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Started ladder testing and at 2950fps with a decent node, RL26 and ADG brass. Probably can push it a bit more to reach 3,000.
                  Just a heads up, my experience with RL26 is I see some pretty serious pressure spikes when over 80 degrees ambient air temperature. If your getting close to top end in the winter you might have issues in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                    This could be a long discussion with the technical numbers, but I'll try to make it short. SAAMI 300WM specs call for zero freebore. This is very misleading as the 300WM is one of a few cartridges that has a grossly oversized freebore diameter when compared to modern designs. Most designs call for .0005" over bullet diameter for clearance. The SAAMI 300WM has .0065" clearance!! What this means in the real world is that even with a "zero freebore"the intersection point of the ogive on the lands will be way out there given the 1.5 degree leade angle. This is why SAAMI chambers can run the 215s just fine.

I do have a reamer set up specifically for the 215s with much less clearance if somebody wants that option.

Comment

Originally posted by DRD View Post
                      Robert,
                      I’m a southpaw in the same boat and my other McMillan is a Game Scout cause it’s ambidextrous. Would like to participate again this year but need to confirm if we can go lefty/lefty on the action and game hunter that has the raised cheek piece. If not, I can go righty again but would need ambidextrous stock. Looking Option 1 28 Nosler. Please confirm options there. Thanks Again!
                      True left hand set ups are on the menu for both versions this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        Just a heads up, my experience with RL26 is I see some pretty serious pressure spikes when over 80 degrees ambient air temperature. If your getting close to top end in the winter you might have issues in the summer.
                        Excellent point!!!

Comment

The APR contour on the Muller steel barrel; will that be somewhere between a sporter and sendero?

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
                            The APR contour on the Muller steel barrel; will that be somewhere between a sporter and sendero?
                            This is it with micro-flutes in the APR designed AG stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Who is doing a 6.5 PRC with a barrel shooter than 24” or who has one currently with a shorter barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                                Who is doing a 6.5 PRC with a barrel shooter than 24” or who has one currently with a shorter barrel?

I’m wanting to do one in a 20” or 22”.

May end up just doing a 7mm-08 though

I hate these decisions lol

Comment

Working...
                                X