Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 11-20-2019, 08:25 AM   #151
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Yeah...vindman & schit pretty much put the whole puzzle together yesterday regarding the whistle blower.

The repubs are indeed killing it. Huge fail for the dems & is going to bite them hard. I hope they keep digging this hole they cannot get out of.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #152
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Sondland seems like a real jokester and idiot....

How did this guy get this job?
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #153
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Brown View Post
Look no further than John McCain coming out at the last minute with the thumbs down to keep Obama care alive even though he campaigned against it for years. Why you ask, to get back at trump for him saying he wasnít a hero.
McCain sold out the American people over his personal issues with Trump. In my opinion that is as petty and small minded as you can get and speaks volumes about his character and his ego. No one is defined by a single action but McCain had a long list of things that you can point to in order to see all you need to know.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 11:42 AM   #154
LWC
Ten Point

I think that Sondland is just telling what happened. He is a goofball. I don't think that anybody with a brain thinks that the Ukraine aid was not conditioned on them doing an investigation. I think the question is whether or not this was done strictly for political purposes or if it was in the best interest of the US. And if it was done for political purposes, is that impeachable?

Sounds like Sondland was doing what he was told and is trying to CYA. I don't really blame him. At least it's not Hilary or he would have already been suicided lol
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #155
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
McCain sold out the American people over his personal issues with Trump. In my opinion that is as petty and small minded as you can get and speaks volumes about his character and his ego. No one is defined by a single action but McCain had a long list of things that you can point to in order to see all you need to know.

Nothing I disagree here, except I believe McCains vote was cast for many. All republicans ran on repealing Obama Care and when they actually had the opportunity to numerous of them did not actually want to. It was just a campaign speech. McCain was retiring and had nothing to loose by voting against repeal allowing other Rinoís to vote for and save face in the eyes of their voters.
Stuck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #156
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck View Post
Nothing I disagree here, except I believe McCains vote was cast for many. All republicans ran on repealing Obama Care and when they actually had the opportunity to numerous of them did not actually want to. It was just a campaign speech. McCain was retiring and had nothing to loose by voting against repeal allowing other Rinoís to vote for and save face in the eyes of their voters.
I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #157
100%TtId
Ten Point

The Texas reps on the committee: Ratcliffe, Conaway, and Hurd have done a good job with their questioning of the witnesses so far. They seem to be well-prepared and fully engaged.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #158
Clay C
Ten Point

Plot twist. The "Whistleblower" is Trump and he got this kicked off to make them look like fools.

A transcript of the whistleblowing phone call was just released.

Schiffty: "Hello"

WB: "Yes, is this Congressman Adam Schiff?" (snickering in backgroud)

Schiffty: "yes it is"

WB: "I have some very very bad information on the President, I mean it's real bad. I thought it was bad before, but this is really...really bad stuff" (more snickering)

Schiffty: "What is it?! Do you have actual nudes of him this time?! I'll take whatever it is!"

WB: "No. No nudes. But I hear if there were nudes they would be the best. I've seen good nudes before, but these would be absolutely outstanding. Just some of the greatest, well maybe the greatest ever. IDK, but some people would say that."

Schiffty: "Okay, then what do you have?"

WB: "I was on a phone call (suppressed laughter), with the President, who by the way I hear is just great, I mean this guy is just phenomenal isn't he? Anyways, I was on a phone call with the President and the President of Ukraine, and there was some very, very bad stuff going on. I mean just really really bad."

Schiffty: "what did you hear?"

WB: "He threatened to withold tons and tons of money if they didn't investigate sleepy unc.... I mean, Joe Biden, who by the way I hear is just the worst. They say he's the bad of the bad. I don't know who says it, but they say it. Anyways, he told Ukraine they wouldn't get the money unless they looked into this guy"

Schiffty: "my God! We have got him this time!"

WB: "That's all I've got. Actually I have know a lot more! Some even say i'm brilliant, idk about that, but MAYBE! Anyways (suppressed laughter), do with that what you will. I don't know that you can take him on, but you can try. I hear he's great. Have a nice day"

Schiffty: " Find out who that was! We are finally taking down the President!"
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 02:37 PM   #159
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Plot twist. The "Whistleblower" is Trump and he got this kicked off to make them look like fools.

WB: "I have some very very bad information on the President, I mean it's real bad. I thought it was bad before, but this is really...really bad stuff" (more snickering)

Schiffty: "What is it?! Do you have actual nudes of him this time?! I'll take whatever it is!"

WB: "No. No nudes. But I hear if there were nudes they would be the best. I've seen good nudes before, but these would be absolutely outstanding. Just some of the greatest, well maybe the greatest ever. IDK, but some people would say that."

WB: "I was on a phone call (suppressed laughter), with the President, who by the way I hear is just great, I mean this guy is just phenomenal isn't he? Anyways, I was on a phone call with the President and the President of Ukraine, and there was some very, very bad stuff going on. I mean just really really bad."

WB: "He threatened to withold tons and tons of money if they didn't investigate sleepy unc.... I mean, Joe Biden, who by the way I hear is just the worst. They say he's the bad of the bad. I don't know who says it, but they say it. Anyways, he told Ukraine they wouldn't get the money unless they looked into this guy"

WB: "That's all I've got. Actually I have know a lot more! Some even say i'm brilliant, idk about that, but MAYBE! Anyways (suppressed laughter), do with that what you will. I don't know that you can take him on, but you can try. I hear he's great. Have a nice day"

I read every word of that in the voice of the alleged speaker, in my head. That was hilarious.
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #160
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

This must be the "perfect" phone call we keep hearing about
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 03:48 PM   #161
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:

Oh gawd! that's funny as a barrel full of dead democrats
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #162
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Oh gawd! that's funny as a barrel full of dead democrats
Speaking of dead democrats, where have they been?
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 07:49 PM   #163
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Another grandchild for Joe just in time for Christmas. He must be so excited and proud.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/dna-te...evious-denials
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 PM   #164
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I think that Sondland is just telling what happened. He is a goofball. I don't think that anybody with a brain thinks that the Ukraine aid was not conditioned on them doing an investigation. I think the question is whether or not this was done strictly for political purposes or if it was in the best interest of the US. And if it was done for political purposes, is that impeachable?

Sounds like Sondland was doing what he was told and is trying to CYA. I don't really blame him. At least it's not Hilary or he would have already been suicided lol
Was it for an investigation or for a public announcement that an investigation is coming? Thats one area that is debatable.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 07:17 AM   #165
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

It amazes me how deep this corruption goes into not only the politicians but you have lying military heads, ambassadors etc....
I believe that the bigger picture here is that the country is beginning to see the real deep state and how rotten many of these people have become for the allure of power and money. Drain the swamp and find people to replace them that have some form of decency and honesty...that maybe hard to do.
RattlesnakeDan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #166
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Watching Adam Schiff try and swear someone else in to tell the truth is called what?
Old 11-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #167
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Good Morning America had banner across screen this morning that said something like "Quid Pro Quo confirmed at yesterdays hearings..devastating to Trump presidency." What did I miss? True?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #168
C-dubyah
Four Point

Am I the only person that wasn't on that call to Ukraine?
C-dubyah is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #169
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

Name:  EJ2rE_yW4AEksq0.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  57.7 KB

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #170
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
He's a Purple Heart earner
Combat Vet
A Ranger

And what have you done today?

He's fought for this country on the front lines.

And what have you done today?

Wood call him that to his face with no cops around in the back of a garage?

I highly doubt it.
He was given a PH for a busted ear drum... REALLY

But he has no "Combat Medal" LOL He's a booger picker...

It sounds like the military is getting as bad as Little league baseball. Everybody gets a trophy..
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #171
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Good Morning America had banner across screen this morning that said something like "Quid Pro Quo confirmed at yesterdays hearings..devastating to Trump presidency." What did I miss? True?
No you didnt miss anything but GMA left out the part where it was in his opinion Quid Pro Quo happened. You know opinions are fact to the left when they fit their agenda.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:32 AM   #172
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
No you didnt miss anything but GMA left out the part where it was in his opinion Quid Pro Quo happened. You know opinions are fact to the left when they fit their agenda.
Apparently twitchy ( sp ) Mochelle Malkin site. Had a bunch of text messages involving this Sondland fella.
Seems he ownes hotels in Oregon and has an elected official calling for boycott sof his business and he has changed his testimony at least 3 times. The fella calling for the boycott tweeted yesterday.....welcome to the resistance
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:36 AM   #173
Clay C
Ten Point

Default Impeachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post

Yup. His interpretation was that there was QPQ. He then went on to testify that there was factually no QPQ. What a circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #174
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

(D) - In your opinion was there QPQ?
Amb - Yes

(R) Yes or No - You have first hand testimony of QPQ? Just your opinion?
Amb - No - Yes just my opinion

(D) So it's your opinion that QPQ for sure 100% happened, Trump did bad and should be in prison, and absolutely know it happened in your opinion for sure?
Amb - Yes IMO it for sure happened..

Repeat over and over. Fishing for words to twist in the media.
All these clowns need to be dumped on their heads.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #175
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yup. His interpretation was that there was QPQ. He then went on to testify that there was factually no QPQ. What a circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was watching and I think Schiff about shat himself on that one. Had tears in them big ol bug eyes.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #176
100%TtId
Ten Point

Devin Nunez just killed it with a summation.
Called out Schiff for the bs.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #177
TxSpinner
Eight Point

Hunt In: Everywhere!

This impeachment hearing has become an even larger debacle than most anticipated. Some people find it comical that this charade has continued and produced no fruit. I for one am not amused and find it infuriating that "allocated" tax dollars have been spent to further the liberal agenda of destroying our once great Nation.

Current actual estimates, not the bologna CNN reports, put us around $28,000,000 so far in spent resources on this idiocy. We have a constant growing national debt to foreign countries, an over inflated cost of higher education that doesn't translate to a livable wage, an ever growing disconnect of the American people to real problems, and instead of focusing on any one of the many issues our country currently faces, we chase after our destruction.

At this point I can't see any course of action that would be a favorable solution. Trump isn't the problem here. Never has been. My personal view of the guy is he is perfect for the job because he can't be coursed or bought. Such is the "fruit" of democracy that we elect our officials. God help us.
TxSpinner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #178
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSpinner View Post
This impeachment hearing has become an even larger debacle than most anticipated. Some people find it comical that this charade has continued and produced no fruit. I for one am not amused and find it infuriating that "allocated" tax dollars have been spent to further the liberal agenda of destroying our once great Nation.

Current actual estimates, not the bologna CNN reports, put us around $28,000,000 so far in spent resources on this idiocy. We have a constant growing national debt to foreign countries, an over inflated cost of higher education that doesn't translate to a livable wage, an ever growing disconnect of the American people to real problems, and instead of focusing on any one of the many issues our country currently faces, we chase after our destruction.

At this point I can't see any course of action that would be a favorable solution. Trump isn't the problem here. Never has been. My personal view of the guy is he is perfect for the job because he can't be coursed or bought. Such is the "fruit" of democracy that we elect our officials. God help us.
Well said. It is hard to stomach the damage Democrats do to this country.

Old 11-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #179
Artos
Pope & Young

Indeed...outstanding post & seeing more of the same being projected at the town halls. People are fed up & not going to be silenced which is refreshing to see!! These dems have to go back home & explain why this is more important than usmca / immigration / etc.

We've been on this ride just weeks ago & just another new line to another nothing burger & cannot see them moving formally as they are much more terrified of a trial in the senate. What a sham / total embarrassment schifty turned out to be. You simply cannot support this process as being fair & impartial.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #180
LWC
Ten Point

These Dems have lost their mind. They bring in liberal - loony law professors to say Trump should be impeached. What a joke!
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #181
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
These Dems have lost their mind. They bring in liberal - loony law professors to say Trump should be impeached. What a joke!
Ivory tower liberal law professors who all voted for Hillary
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #182
Man
Pope & Young

She took a jab at Trumps son Barron today during the hearings. It probably played out a lot better in her head when she was rehearsing.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #183
rtp
Pope & Young

The local liberals sure have been silent as this circus has gone on. That in itself speaks volumes to the validity of it. Even they know this is just nothing burger with extra large side of Swamp fries.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #184
Man
Pope & Young

Pelosi is proceeding with articles of impeachment this morning. Basically the elite have decided that they don't like the vote of the American people are going to remove our choice from the presidency. This is the kinda crap that starts revolutions
Old 12-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #185
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Bring it on!
Old 12-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #186
Radar
Pope & Young

So, if the impeachment process drags on until November of next year can Trump still be a nominee?
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #187
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So, if the impeachment process drags on until November of next year can Trump still be a nominee?
It wont...but yes.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #188
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Their plan is to make it the news story for all of 2020 and by doing so create such public distaste that he wonít Be electable. They never believed they could actually impeach him. This is their Hail Mary, frankly their last option. They will have some collateral damage, both sides will, but to those who believe this is for THEIR greater good, it is a small price to pay. This was the play from beginning of the process
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 01:26 PM   #189
Stevo96
Four Point

Hunt In: Starr County

Hmm, Nadler's committee has scheduled a hearing for 9am on Monday. Isn't that the same day that the IG report is supposed to come out?
Stevo96 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 01:30 PM   #190
Artos
Pope & Young

We know she won't bring it to the floor unless it's going to pass, correct??

So if the house does bring articles, then what?? When it get's to the senate, don't they get to pick up the ball & totally control their own hearings/witnesses.etc?? That will just steamroll over the joke we witnessed in the house & they don't want this exposed more than it already blatantly is?? I don't see how any of this helps the dems in any way at all & dragging it towards elections seems the most foolish move of all.

Maybe I'm all wet, but seems to me they can't stop digging.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #191
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

The dem senators that are running for prez don't want it, it will get in the way of their campaign time. Also they don't want the entire democratic party with mud on their face before election time, which will happen when it gets to the senate and the dems cannot control the narrative anymore. All of the politicians that have muscled their children into jobs like Hunter Biden had want to see this all go away also, dems and repubs. Pelosi, Romney, and Kerry have already been exposed, forget which one was working on the same board Biden was. They believe if they win, they can continue the cover up.

Cannot forget Hiiliary being overheard saying about the 2016 election "if we lose, we all hang". Hopefully between the IG report Monday, and Barrs investigation, we will find out what they need to be hung for.
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 03:32 PM   #192
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo96 View Post
Hmm, Nadler's committee has scheduled a hearing for 9am on Monday. Isn't that the same day that the IG report is supposed to come out?
There will be next to nothing on MSM about the IG report. This whole impeachment is damage/media control for that.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #193
Man
Pope & Young

Trump been pretty silent about the IG report on the twitter machine. Not sure if there isn't enough there worth hyping up the base...or he's intentionally creating a silence before the storm.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #194
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
We know she won't bring it to the floor unless it's going to pass, correct??

So if the house does bring articles, then what?? When it get's to the senate, don't they get to pick up the ball & totally control their own hearings/witnesses.etc?? That will just steamroll over the joke we witnessed in the house & they don't want this exposed more than it already blatantly is?? I don't see how any of this helps the dems in any way at all & dragging it towards elections seems the most foolish move of all.

Maybe I'm all wet, but seems to me they can't stop digging.
If it goes to the Senate, they can call who they want to testify. Talk about some butt holes puckering! Any Demorat called will plead the 5th. They cannot afford to tell the truth.
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #195
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
If it goes to the Senate, they can call who they want to testify. Talk about some butt holes puckering! Any Demorat called will plead the 5th. They cannot afford to tell the truth.
And pleading the 5th screams wrong doing and guilt.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 05:53 PM   #196
rtp
Pope & Young

The Dems want it to go to the Senate so the Republican Senators that are in precarious positions have to vote on it prior to the election. They are hoping they can keep the House and flip the Senate to a Dem majority. This will effectively neuter Trump if he is re-elected. It will also be a firewall for any Supreme Court nominations Trump will get to make if re-elected. This is their hand and as bad as it is, it is the one they have to play at this point. I think they bust in Nov 2020 and Trump will forever leave his mark on American History as the guy who broke up the Swamp and restored order for the American People.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #197
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
And pleading the 5th screams wrong doing and guilt.

Iím sure glad the 5th is there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-05-2019, 06:41 PM   #198
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslinger View Post
If it goes to the Senate, they can call who they want to testify. Talk about some butt holes puckering! Any POLITICIAN called will plead the 5th. They cannot......tell the truth.
Fixed it for you. They are all flipping dirty
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 09:08 PM   #199
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

The Dems are toast. Look at the jobs report, look at Trump's favor rating and everything associated. Hell, even a LGTB or whatever those people are called have said they are backing Trump in 2020!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #200
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

What is sad is that Senator Linsey Grahm is already crawfishing about calling the whistleblower, Hunter Biden and others to tastify under oath should the proceedings be sent to the Senate. He is starting to look like a loud chihuahua more and more as are the rest of the senate & congress.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top