Softside coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Softside coolers

Before I buy another RTIC 30 can softside, is there any others for 99.00 that hold up good? Mine lasted 4 years before the sun dried it out. I seen a few other brands and they seem to look the same just higher priced. I bought one of the Walmart brands a few years ago for my kayak and it was garbage.

My Rtic 30 made it 5-6 months before the glue lost its bond. I was less than impressed.

Comment

I am looking at Canyon soft side cooler and use it as a carry-on bag for an Alaska caribou hunt next month. They get really good reviews for all of their products.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        My Rtic 30 made it 5-6 months before the glue lost its bond. I was less than impressed.
        Same here, piece of junk. I just buy the $20 Bucees soft cooler bags now. Works fine for drinks. Usually get a couple years out of them.

Comment

Tagged. Had the same experience with RTIC.

Comment

Yeti zippers get stuck they suck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy’s wife just got him a new yeti hopper with a magnetic top rather than a zipper and it’s pretty dang handy...I’m impressed with how it holds ice with the magnetic top too...eliminating the zipper might be worth checking into...depends on the longevity I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Before I buy another RTIC 30 can softside, is there any others for 99.00 that hold up good? Mine lasted 4 years before the sun dried it out. I seen a few other brands and they seem to look the same just higher priced. I bought one of the Walmart brands a few years ago for my kayak and it was garbage.
                So was it the Ozark Trail brand at Walmart that your got? was thinking about getting their Ozark Trail 30. Have had a Rtic 30 for about 4 or 5 years and it's still in perfect shape.

Comment

Mine didn't last a year. Will never buy a soft side cooler from rtic again!

Comment

I had gorilla tape holding my rtic together, but after 4 years the zipper dry rotted

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Yeti zippers get stuck they suck

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                      I got the Rtic to replace a 2nd failed Yeti Hopper that the zipper had failed on. Yeti replaced the first with no issues under warranty with the new style zipper that was much better. Then it failed too, and I got the Rtic to replace it. When it failed I went back to Yeti customer service, and they replaced my second failed Yeti with the new magnet style Hopper. I’m extremely happy with the new magnet closure. It works awesome, stays sealed, and everyone that has used it has been a lot happier with it than sticking their hands through the “gators mouth”

Comment

I found the Otter box soft cooler on sale for 115 bucks so I rolled the dice because I like the lid latch system versus the zipper. It seems really durable and very well made but doesn't hold ice very well. Probably because I always forget to latch the hood down all the way. Looks like they're out of the green one but this is only 80 bucks. I haven't had it long but as of know I'd recommend if you're looking for a smaller drink cooler to carry around. https://www.sierra.com/otterbox-troo...ng=s~cooler%2F

Comment

I don't know much about Orca coolers but they have a good price on here, too. Especially for a backpack cooler: https://www.sierra.com/orca-pod-back...ng=s~cooler%2F

Comment

sticking their hands through the “gators mouth”
                            This is what I hated about my hopper.

The rtic 30 I bought 4 or so years ago is still going strong and it gets used more than any cooler I have. Had a bison bag that leaked, they replaced it but the second leaked as well. When/if the rtic fails might look at different ones.

Comment

My RTIC Glue is giving out. Tried to super glue it but theres no good way to do it. Will use untill it just falls apart i guess. I really liked it but am disappointed in the glue.

Comment

Working...
                              X