Teals Processor in Weatherford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teals Processor in Weatherford

Guys, if you haven’t been paying attention or didn’t have reason to care, you might now. I called Teals today to get a date on processing a steer because I had heard they were all 5-6 months out due to COVID.
    I got the only date between now and NOV 2021 to process my steer. It was Feb 27, and he will be right at 19 months.
    Problem for deer hunters is this. Because of all that is going on they told me they WILL NOT be processing deer or hogs unless you had an appointment set up. They have no room.
    So unless you plan your deer kills months in advance and got on the books, you better start checking with other processors or get some sharp knives and learn to do it yo’self.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Haulinbass02 View Post
    Guys, if you haven’t been paying attention or didn’t have reason to care, you might now. I called Teals today to get a date on processing a steer because I had heard they were all 5-6 months out due to COVID.
    I got the only date between now and NOV 2021 to process my steer. It was Feb 27, and he will be right at 19 months.
    Problem for deer hunters is this. Because of all that is going on they told me they WILL NOT be processing deer or hogs unless you had an appointment set up. They have no room.
    So unless you plan your deer kills months in advance and got on the books, you better start checking with other processors or get some sharp knives and learn to do it yo’self.......

Not surprised. Good PSA on your part.

Comment

I'm sure other processors that process deer/pigs in addition to domestic animals will be doing the same. Good thing my processor only does wild game and worse case I will break out my equipment and start doing them myself again.

Comment

We also had chickens processed at Hamilton’s and they were 5 months out. I’m sure they will be in the same boat as Teals and the others.

Comment

We also had chickens processed at Hamilton’s and they were 5 months out. I’m sure they will be in the same boat as Teals and the others.

You can have a chicken processed??? Never heard of such a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            You can have a chicken processed??? Never heard of such a thing.

Yup, very few places do it but to me it was worth it cause I didn’t have to deal with it. 20+ chickens.

Comment

Yup, very few places do it but to me it was worth it cause I didn’t have to deal with it. 20+ chickens.

By golly I’m gonna remember that. Sure will save on my plucking fingers.

Comment

Man makes me wonder if it's worth starting a processing business... opportunity me thinks.

Comment

Gonna be a lot of “how to cut up a deer” threads come October.

Comment

Been doing my own for some time. Would only consider if I was pressed for time.

Comment

Well dang, I use TEEL’s in Weatherford as well. Will find another or do my own

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                        Well dang, I use TEEL’s in Weatherford as well. Will find another or do my own

Highly suggest drive 1.5 miles northwest and hitting up Dans Smokehouse.

Comment

I have two crappy grinders but will be buying a good one this year. I normally process my own deer anyway. But very good PSA

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                            Man makes me wonder if it's worth starting a processing business... opportunity me thinks.
                            Ive been kicking around the idea for a few years. There is a void of processors in my area. Plus I already do skull mounts as a side business so I think I would have a small customer base to begin with.
                            But I'm guessing the start up costs would be astronomical!

Comment

My wife also mentioned starting up doing processing but during deer season it’s a full time job when I already have a full time job.......plus I think you have to be inspected and the cost of a walk in cooler and all the equipment. Would be very expensive I’m sure....

Comment

Working...
                              X