Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Overnight Kayak and Camp on the Upper Guadalupe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Overnight Kayak and Camp on the Upper Guadalupe!

A group of ten of us did an overnight kayak paddle and camp on the Upper Guadalupe River over Memorial Weekend. I put together a video of some of highlights. The river flow was a bit low, but it was a great time!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTACjUKRgs&t=5s"]YouTube[/ame]

My Flickr Photos

in...woohoo!!

Comment

No doubt that was fun.
      Can you just camp anywhere you decide or did you have a destination in mind when you started?

Comment

like ! thanks for sharing
        Last edited by waterdog; 06-08-2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Great video Michael, looks like loads of fun! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Great times there!

Comment

Prettiest place in Texas IMO.

Comment

Great video, thanks again for sharing!

Comment

Awesome recap. I was fortunate when I was young to spend time out "exploring Texas" with a pretty cool teacher. We never had any issues aside from 1 with a landowner where we stopped near a bridge crossing to swim for a break. His contention was he owned it all (since he owned both sides of the river and we were trespassing.

I don't see any of the negative side of the process with any of your videos and I like that as it takes away from what you are promoting. Have you guys had any crazy landowner encounters? I know there is one You Tuber that has lots of run-ins with with landowners while fishing, most of the time that is all he posts is negative content but I guess he is shedding light on the legal side of us being able to use Texas waterways.

Thanks for posting, those trips look like a lot of family fun.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      No doubt that was fun.
                      Can you just camp anywhere you decide or did you have a destination in mind when you started?
                      You can camp anywhere within the banks of the river, as defined by state navigability laws. We've been several times along this stretch and have camped in three different spots (we've also done overnighters on other rivers). Per below, we've never had any issues with landowners...so far.
                      Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Awesome recap. I was fortunate when I was young to spend time out "exploring Texas" with a pretty cool teacher. We never had any issues aside from 1 with a landowner where we stopped near a bridge crossing to swim for a break. His contention was he owned it all (since he owned both sides of the river and we were trespassing.

I don't see any of the negative side of the process with any of your videos and I like that as it takes away from what you are promoting. Have you guys had any crazy landowner encounters? I know there is one You Tuber that has lots of run-ins with with landowners while fishing, most of the time that is all he posts is negative content but I guess he is shedding light on the legal side of us being able to use Texas waterways.

Thanks for posting, those trips look like a lot of family fun.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        You can camp anywhere within the banks of the river, as defined by state navigability laws. We've been several times along this stretch and have camped in three different spots (we've also done overnighters on other rivers). Per below, we've never had any issues with landowners...so far.
                        I thought that was the law but have seen some of those crazy land owner videos the kayak fisherman post on YouTube.
                        Thank you

Comment

Nice video and recap. I really want to do that, maybe this year.

Comment

Great to see everyone having fun! And full of smiles!

Comment

Great vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X