The longest you have gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longest you have gone

I was looking at signing up up a long distance run/walk I'm thinking about doing next year and it got me thinking
    ....what is the longest distance you have walked/ran in a day???? If your like my buddies and i, you may go to a sporting event and park in the cheap lot and have to hoof it 1-2 miles each way and feel proud about your drunken stroll hahaha. But what is the furthest you have gone on foot in a day???

I've never kept track. A long ways. Especially during pheasant season.

Comment

Longest that I’ve done in a day is 18 miles with 45 lbs on my back. That was 2014, and I regularly hiked 10-12 miles at a time. These days I still do a few 6-8 mile hikes per year, but nothing crazy anymore.

Comment

25 miles. 8 hours. 40 lb pack, m16, 60mm mortar tube.

Comment

10 miles that was measured. Some forced marches in the Army that seemed to never end.

Comment

Surveying pipelines by foot and locator, we got paid by the mile and not by the hour. Wasn’t uncommon to put in 12-13 miles in a day, while recording depths every 500 feet. I was in shape back then. May be why I’m still sleepy [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

26.2 miles - on 5 separate occasions. Two White Rock, two Cowtown and one Houston back when it was the Tenneco Marathon

Comment

Half marathon with no training was the longest I new the distance of; First and last. Walked countless miles in a day pheasant hunting but never had a way to record distance. 3 days mule deer hunting I racked up 25miles according to my phone.

Comment

32 miles in one day elk hunting, the 16 miles back to camp was in the dark.

Comment

15 plus I know of semi measured chasing muleys

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

30 plus, several times on the North Shore trails at Grapevine lake.

Comment

Does 3 70.3 mile triathlons count. Have run marathon distance some.Countless 10-20 mile runs. Hiked 100 miles in the Himalayas over week or so most of it over 15,000'.Then climbed a mountain to an overlook above Everest base camp. Never measured distance walk chasing sheep.

Comment

Now that I'm 70, 10-12 miles is about my limit, with a hunting pack and rifle. Longest was 26 miles, when I slid my truck off a forest road into a creek in Wyoming hunting elk by myself. Just locked everything in the truck and carried a pack with water and food, and hiked out to the nearest town to call my son to come get me!!!

Comment

16 miles is my longest trek. I routinely walk/jog 5-8 miles per day as of late.

Comment

I did a 18mile ruck one time...that's the furthest I remember...join the military they said...it will be fun they said...

Comment

Working...
                              X