Mom and pop fishing stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom and pop fishing stores?

Anyone know any good mom and pop fishing tackle stores left in Texas.

Porters Sporting Goods on Lake Palestine at Dogwood City is still going I think. Used to be a pretty good shop.

Comment

Ann’s tackle in Jasper

Comment

Comment

Your Dallas / Fort Worth authorized Hobie dealer as well as the only Vibe dealer in North Texas. We also carry Native, Crescent, Old Town, Bonified, and NuCanoe kayak brands. We carry a large variety fishing brands like Shimano, G Loomis and Diawa as along with a vast selection of baits for bass, crappie, and catfish. Broken rod or reel? We do rod repair and reel repair too!

There are actually a lot of them out there. Being Mom&Pop places, some don't advertise much to keep overhead down.

Comment

Possum kingdom tackle Co.

Comment

Olsens sporting goods in Ft. Worth

Comment

Johnny’s sport shop in Eagle Lake if you fish the salt, lots of other cool stuff too.

Comment

Anglers Anonymous?

Comment

Lots of em left! Frank with Lakeside lure and tackle on Palestine is great!

And heck! Salt Swag for you ocean perch folks! TBH owner as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Anyone know any good mom and pop fishing tackle stores left in Texas.
                      You mean like David's?

Comment

Brannon’s Bass Shop Hwy 271 Powdery TX
                        They get a lot of out of state business in the spring from people coming down from up north heading to Lake Fork.

Comment

Cordell Outdoorz
                          Tioga Texas. Lake Ray Roberts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            You mean like David's?
                            I had a bad experience with David’s in Rosenberg when I was in high school. They took advantage of a kid and I have never been back. They aren’t a nice mom and pop shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                              I had a bad experience with David’s in Rosenberg when I was in high school. They took advantage of a kid and I have never been back. They aren’t a nice mom and pop shop.
                              My remark was very sarcastic. David sold several years ago. The young man who bought it is very nice and does quality work on reels. The merchandise is still very lacking unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X