TBH Group hunt...any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Group hunt...any interest?

So, I am wanting to look into a TBH out-of-state, public land hunt. Whitetail, mulie, elk, antelope, etc...I know there are public land hunts available in a lot of states, but don't have any experience at it. I'm just starting to put feelers out and see if thre is any interest. I work 2-24hr shifts a week, so I'm looking to catch up on hunting time this year. Please feel free to offer advice here or PM me if you re seriously interested! Lets plan it!

Aaron

Bump

Comment

I've thought about this a few times I just stay too dang busy

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Depends on work but I wouldn't mind getting in on this

Comment

I know it's just a thought right now...just be cool to meet some fellow hunters and TBHers...I've been wanting to hunt in Colo, Kansas or Arizona for quite sometime.

Comment

Colorado would be a great place to hunt, about how much and how much time u think a trip like that takes?

Comment

I say we do KS for the first hunt since its some what close and you know we all have the right gear for a wt hunt. Maybe next year we could go on an elk hunt so that would give guys time to get the gear together.

Comment

I would be in depending on the amount of time you are thinking about staying out. I have looked at public hunts in Colorado. Have also looked at prong horns in Montana and Wyoming.

I see you live in Georgetown. We should set up a happy hour.

Comment

I'm up for whatever...I will have a bunch of vacation to burn come November. I can easily be off 5-7 days with my schedule now. As far as expense goes, I like the idea of WT as Texas Bound mentioned. Kansas is an easy drive. Open to suggestions.

Jbonds, we definitely need a Georgetown HH soon!

Comment

The more i think about it the more interest I find in it. I need to find a job with an FD once im done at the fire academy so I can get back on my feet and be able to do something like this

Comment

You have to take in account that some of these places are draw hunts. That means that chances are everyone that wants to get in on the hunt may not get drawn. I make a trip to Arkansas every year for a public land hunt. Their archery season lasts till the end of February. Went last week in Feb this year but plan on making that trip earlier in February this next year. Last year I ran into a local who gave us a mess of crappie that we cooked up at camp. This past year we ran into the same guy and he invited us to his camp for a crappie fry. Didn't take any deer but the fried fish was great. Look into Arkansas, they have lots of public land. Tags run $100 for 3 day and $150 for 5 day. The trip usually runs around $300 total cost each but would be cheaper if more carpooled.

Comment

Tuned in!

Comment

Back to the top

Comment

Y'all could hunt some public land in Oklahoma. I know a place with big bucks a lot of Land and even a camping area. Even has a few food plots on it. Could be a fun weekend for some of the tbh to spend a hunt together without going to far and spending a lot of money

Comment

Working...
                              X