X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigblue25 View Post
    I just got my cameras stolen yesterday, people think they own the forest

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Put a camera on a camera and catch the punk. I promise you that guy has been there for years and the GW would recognize his picture cause he's checked him over many times. Once busted, the punk won't mess with you. Also, I put my cameras up using climbing sticks on small trees so a guy couldn't get it with a climber. Only camera I lost that way was the dam logger on my property took the whole tree.

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingTail View Post
      I’m always in orange when I go into the forest. There are plenty of people hunting hogs year round, so I decided to play it safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I always wear orange when I'm on the ground but the orange comes off when I get in a tree. I hate looking like a dam pumpkin.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
        If this is yours id move it quickly

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        GPS it and give to the GW. Call the poacher hotline and get some hunting cash if you like. I did that, GW put up a high tech camera and case with an attenua. Dude was busted the next week. I hunt his spot now. Lol

Comment

Anyone use a boat to get to your spots in the Sam? Curious if that’s a decent method or is the road system good enough to get you within walking distance easily.

Comment

I would have a hard time hunting anywhere but exactly there. I'd be leaving plenty of my own notes letting them know I'll be around all season.

Comment

i haven’t posted this anywhere else ,where else did you seee this ? This was off 2025 in coldspring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Someone posted it in the SHNF facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by PKal88 View Post

I bet someone snatched it from here and claimed it as their own. Doesn’t surprise me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guy's & Gal's....wear your orange at all times. I don't care if you are walking up and down the road, be safe. If you are off the roadway by at least 150 feet, you will be in the wrong; even if you are just scouting, site seeing, doesn't matter.
                  Hog season is open year round (puts firearms in the woods), therefore, you must put it on!! They put the orange in place several years ago, even during Archery. I promise you...if the GW see's you without it, you will be ticketed.

Another note: Never have a loaded firearm in the camp area's or driving thru the forest period. They will get you for sure. Always unload your firearm before being within 150 feet of any roadway while you are coming out of the woods; This is where they get the majority of the people. They have checked me numerous times.

I know everyone is mostly Bowhunting, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the unloaded gun Law. I seen them come into the Hunters camp at Stubblefield Lake one evening, went thru vehicles, campers, tents and starting writing tickets. My Dad and I sat and watched it all. They are bad dudes and they mean business.

I have hunting the SHNF for many years....Just my 2 cents!!
                  Good luck everyone and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                    I bet someone snatched it from here and claimed it as their own. Doesn’t surprise me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure about that. It was on FB before i started this thread. Then it showed here. Who cares anyways. The East side is looking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a smaller note that says "*You're" on it and put it on a post back where you were parked.

And make sure to park far away and continue to hunt that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                        Guy's & Gal's....wear your orange at all times. I don't care if you are walking up and down the road, be safe. If you are off the roadway by at least 150 feet, you will be in the wrong; even if you are just scouting, site seeing, doesn't matter.
                        Hog season is open year round (puts firearms in the woods), therefore, you must put it on!! They put the orange in place several years ago, even during Archery. I promise you...if the GW see's you without it, you will be ticketed.

Another note: Never have a loaded firearm in the camp area's or driving thru the forest period. They will get you for sure. Always unload your firearm before being within 150 feet of any roadway while you are coming out of the woods; This is where they get the majority of the people. They have checked me numerous times.

I know everyone is mostly Bowhunting, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the unloaded gun Law. I seen them come into the Hunters camp at Stubblefield Lake one evening, went thru vehicles, campers, tents and starting writing tickets. My Dad and I sat and watched it all. They are bad dudes and they mean business.

I'm assuming your talking to those who don't possess a concealed carry permit right?

Comment

Originally posted by PKal88 View Post

yea it was my friend who i go hunting with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post

Ever run into GW Alan Biggerstaff?

Comment

So just asking not looking for spots are yall hunting closer to 45 or to 59? I have hunted both but dont ever see anyone else around.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                Ever run into GW Alan Biggerstaff?
                                That was my next door neighbor for years.

Comment

Working...
                                X