No announcement yet.

Richland Creek South hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too! I drew 10/2 - 10/11. Anyone plan on camping out there those dates?

Comment

Got drawn for 10/2/2020 - 10/11/2020. Don't have a 4 wheeler but got my pickup with 4x4 and good tires. I have no issue packing stands in and deer out but would prefer to use the truck. Anyone know how much you can access with a truck? Also anyone have info on how the compartments work? Is it randomly assigned? Thanks!

Comment

I plan on being there solo the 2nd through the 5th and the 10th and 11th of October. If anyone needs anything during that time frame just let me know

Comment

Just left, been looking around sense day light. Seen lots of deer and to **** many Cotton Mouths. Water is standing everywhere. Just an FYI you better put plenty of OFF On, and carry another can with ya, you gonna need it.

Comment

Originally posted by gscout01 View Post
            Got drawn for 10/2/2020 - 10/11/2020. Don't have a 4 wheeler but got my pickup with 4x4 and good tires. I have no issue packing stands in and deer out but would prefer to use the truck. Anyone know how much you can access with a truck? Also anyone have info on how the compartments work? Is it randomly assigned? Thanks!
            I’m hunting the 10/2-10/11. I’ll only be there on weekends(except the first Friday) because I start a new job next week and don’t have PTO. I only have a 4x4 truck with stock tires so we may to exchange numbers to pull each other out. I hunted Keechi last year and could drive where I needed and had no issues but it was a dry year. Not sure how the compartments work. I don’t mind walking a few miles if needed but walking in water isn’t much fun.

Also, I’ll be willing to pay a little cash to anyone who would be willing to Uber me to my compartment via ORV/ATV lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazeofCory View Post
              Me too! I drew 10/2 - 10/11. Anyone plan on camping out there those dates?
              I might camp out there, just depends on the heat. I hunted Aransas NWR opening weekend last year and camped at Goose Island SP and “slept” in my sweat in the tent, but at least they have showers. Maybe a cold front will make it nice camping weather.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                I’m hunting the 10/2-10/11. I’ll only be there on weekends(except the first Friday) because I start a new job next week and don’t have PTO. I only have a 4x4 truck with stock tires so we may to exchange numbers to pull each other out. I hunted Keechi last year and could drive where I needed and had no issues but it was a dry year. Not sure how the compartments work. I don’t mind walking a few miles if needed but walking in water isn’t much fun.

Also, I’ll be willing to pay a little cash to anyone who would be willing to Uber me to my compartment via ORV/ATV lol.

I'll PM you my cell number

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                  I’m hunting the 10/2-10/11. I’ll only be there on weekends(except the first Friday) because I start a new job next week and don’t have PTO.
                  If I’m not mistaken, and correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re not there for the first day, in which they do orientation, then you forfeit your hunt spot. At least that’s what I read.

Comment

Also. Who knows the rules on packing out game? Do they have to come out field dressed? Or can they be quartered? Really dont feel like messing with a game cart. Would much rather pack anything out

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      If I’m not mistaken, and correct me if I’m wrong, but if you’re not there for the first day, in which they do orientation, then you forfeit your hunt spot. At least that’s what I read.
                      Never mind!!!
                      I just realized he said except that first Friday.
                      Hope everybody has good luck on this hunt!!

Comment

I apologize if the forum didn’t understand but I’ll be there Friday 10/2 for The orientation, but I can’t take off all week on my “usual” PTO like I would want. I don’t have PTO for that Friday, but I’ll make up the hours. Trust me, I’m not missing out on this hunt, unless it floods and gets canceled.

Comment

Never mind!!!
                          I just realized he said except that first Friday.
                          Hope everybody has good luck on this hunt!!
                          Lol, it’s all good!

Comment

Originally posted by gscout01 View Post
                            Also. Who knows the rules on packing out game? Do they have to come out field dressed? Or can they be quartered? Really dont feel like messing with a game cart. Would much rather pack anything out

I’d like to know this also. I dont mind using a game cart but most of this place will be impossible to get a game cart into from what I saw on my scouting trip the other day. I’d rather quarter and pack out if that is allowed. I like finding the thick nasty stuff to hunt in and that isnt game cart friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me too

I was drawn as well, super excited but complete noob to the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Krogers View Post
                                I was drawn for oct. 2nd anyone else have those dates? Looking at onX it doesn’t look the best but always up to try a new area.
                                I am same dates. Does anyone know if the Trinity is navigable on that stretch from that launch by the north unit down to the SE corner? If the water situation is what I am reading it is, might be a viable option to access via boat instead of hump it.
                                Last edited by wellRed; 09-14-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X