Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all the “pics” I’ve got, the rest are short video tours as we progressed. And I ain’t bout to try loading a iPhone video when I can’t even get a picture right! Fabricated lots of brackets, frame for the 220v- 25,000 BTU AC, steps, through wall wire tracks, etc, but don’t guess I took any pics of that stuff. Left two windows per side for when a breeze would feel good, then covered the rest, plus back windows, and still lack covering the windshield area. Will have shelf in that area for fridge/microwave. But it’s basically hunt ready now. Just a few odds and ends. Once again, sorry bout the sidewinder pics! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    Attached Files

Comment

Did have this one that I forgot. Just thought the nighttime pic looked kinda neat. The AC side of the windshield has already been replaced with sheet metal cuz it was busted, and the other side will be paneled up from the inside like the walls.
      Attached Files

Comment

Heeeck yeah!

Comment

I think milkweed is gonna be a problem in Young County this year.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
            This is all the “pics” I’ve got, the rest are short video tours as we progressed. And I ain’t bout to try loading a iPhone video when I can’t even get a picture right! Fabricated lots of brackets, frame for the 220v- 25,000 BTU AC, steps, through wall wire tracks, etc, but don’t guess I took any pics of that stuff. Left two windows per side for when a breeze would feel good, then covered the rest, plus back windows, and still lack covering the windshield area. Will have shelf in that area for fridge/microwave. But it’s basically hunt ready now. Just a few odds and ends. Once again, sorry bout the sidewinder pics! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
            Old school bus turned into a deer camp shack just screams "killed a big buck!"

And Dale, did I miss the picture of the new townhouse blind set in place?

Rwc

Comment

Hope so!! Like I said, just a few items left to do, that ain’t “got to” be done. Just stuff we want. Shelving for stuff, hooks for hanging, and just handy stuff like that. Prob the windshield paneled, and table/shelf for microwave next trip in August. The old original full length overhead book basket shelf is gonna be handy for sure. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Old school bus turned into a deer camp shack just screams "killed a big buck!"

And Dale, did I miss the picture of the new townhouse blind set in place?

Rwc

They’re on the build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  They’re on the build thread.

I should have looked over there, just lazy I guess..........Did turn out good though!

Rwc

Comment

YellaDog Camper looks very nice.

Nice,creative, use of flashing tape on the wood blind. Snoop looks like he's looking for targets for BB gun? Nice.

Comment

Looks dang good Dale! I forgot bout one more project still to do. Not a “have to have” I guess, but still a need. Gonna fab a game hoist/skinning frame for camp. Using some old A-frames from a hoist here at work, got some I-beam for the cross member, and using a 4-wheeler winch for hoisting up. Will have 3 hookups, short chain with S hook to transfer to when critter is raised, so you can unhook winch hook, and be free to hook up another deer. Winch on base plate with receiver hitch so it can be removed and stored inside when we ain’t using it. Pigtail will have HD alligator clips to hook to whichever battery is close by. Cuz there ain’t no sense hand winching when I can use a 2000 lb winch to do it for me. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Next trip for just small things and card swaps is scheduled for August 8th or 15th. Prob be plenty cooled off by then.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                          Next trip for just small things and card swaps is scheduled for August 8th or 15th. Prob be plenty cooled off by then.

What part of NE Texas are you located? Bus looks good.

Dale, blind looks good too. I’ve seen a few of your DIY threads. Everything typically looks like it’s done right.

Comment

Will be first season in north motley county chomping at the Bit to see what the area holds

Comment

Ryan, I’m in Sulphur Springs. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Im in. We’re in Hardeman and Wilbarger. I’m late this year and haven’t got any fresh cameras out yet, but the the pics earlier in the thread look promising. Seems like I always wait until middle of summer when it’s 100+ degrees to start work on stands and feeders.

Comment

Working...
                                X