No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to public land. Every year gets worse and worse. At times it’s been so bad I just wanted to quit hunting all together. I’m very fortunate to now have access to some private land.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
      Welcome to public land. Every year gets worse and worse. At times it’s been so bad I just wanted to quit hunting all together. I’m very fortunate to now have access to some private land.
      Yea I have access to private and will likely just go hunt it. I have seen very little sign compared to previous years. Still have deer on camera. I think right now the deer are so pressured by the early season hunters and are leaving the area during shooting hours ( atleast in the units I hunt). Friday and Saturday sat 9 hours each day, and probably gonna call it pretty soon. I’ve got a good perch and can see a lot of land.. no animals moving.

Might come back during the rut to see what’s happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredBowers View Post
        These undisciplined hunters out here walking to their stand at 8:30am are pissing me off. I have a camera way at the back side of a unit and have pictures of these guys walking around clueless. I may be done with TB. Have had too much stuff stolen and tired of dumb people scaring deer away. I would be fine with crowded hunting areas if the guys knew what they were doing and were getting in quietly and hour before sunrise. I am thankful though that nothing has been stolen this year though.
        No worse than the yahoos last year that came hauling ***** thru on and ATV scaring off the deer coming straight at us.

Comment

[quote=cgcaples12;15101036]
          Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
          Theft has been an issue in the past years. We had a blind and a chair disappear 2 years ago when my son walked back to the truck 1/4 mile away and when he got back an hour later his blind and chair was gone. Many others have had the same thing happen. Last year we camped and leaving the camp for a few hours each morning and evening and we had no problems.

Great, thank you for the info!

Well the theft monster has hit again. I put out a game camera a few weeks ago locked to a very sturdy tree. My son swapped seats cards about 10 days ago so we could check what’s showing up. I went by today to swap cards again and when I got to that tree the cable lock was securely locked to the tree and the camera was gone. I hope the dipsh*t that stole it broke it so badly that he can’t use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't had anything stole yet, but I did have a woodpecker destroy a camera. Had a pop up blind and camera stolen of some private land though.

Comment

**** its cold out here!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dukota01 View Post
                **** its cold out here!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                Any movement out there with the mist and wind?? Never hunted the place but seems like a good place to hunt public land.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Any movement out there with the mist and wind?? Never hunted the place but seems like a good place to hunt public land.
                  Nothing worth taking and hardly any of those.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
                    Nothing worth taking and hardly any of those.
                    Ive hunted TB a lot. Have had nice deer on camera. Have only seen one good buck. My FIL has two sayings “You can’t eat pictures” and “ I’m shooting whatever is legal.”

He is actually very management minded, and never shoots any deer haha.. he lets everyone else shoot the deer. I don’t think he has had a kill hunting in 4 years. He kills plenty for CWD testing on the game ranch he works on so that’s probably another reason why he doesn’t take any..

This year at TB... I’m shooting anything over 2.5 years

Comment

People need to stop leaving trash out there!

Remember, leave it cleaner than you found it. Picked up way too much of other people’s trash the other day.

Comment

Any advice on hunting 8 & 9? Is hand corn allowed?

Comment

8 & 9 get crowded. Been complaints in the past about shotguns on the property a little close for comfort. Hand broadcast is allowed on all the hunting areas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Any advice on hunting 8 & 9? Is hand corn allowed?
                            I won't hunt TB during gun season if I'm not in a tree.. Efff that.. I don't trust any of the goobers at there.

Comment

I heard 8 is packed something like 10 pop ups all within sight of each other. Just what I heard haven’t seen it myself to verify.
                              9 can get pretty darn crowded too

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                                I won't hunt TB during gun season if I'm not in a tree.. Efff that.. I don't trust any of the goobers at there.
                                I was under the impression 8 & 9 were bow only as they are narrow areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X