Im THAT idiot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    What kind of people do you run with?? I kill a deer every 2 to 3 years. Been times forgot to fill out the back. Promise you, I'm not overharvesting or poaching. Poachers don't by liscenses.
    It has nothing to do with those people who don't poach. It's only there to stop poachers or slow them down.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner6969 View Post
      Why write the ticket when it's clear the deer was not poached or taken illegally? How bout reminding him of the need to fill out the harvest log. That's just dumb!
      Because a non-honest person could easily take that buck home (final destination) and then go back out and use the same tag that Sunday afternoon or evening.

Comment

Got the same ticket. Didn’t check the buck box. $175

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Because a non-honest person could easily take that buck home (final destination) and then go back out and use the same tag that Sunday afternoon or evening.
          Couldn’t they do that even if they filled out the log?
          Last edited by oktx; 11-03-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Court costs I believe are $120 so if you do have to pay something the minimum will be $120 and the max will be the $500. When you speak to the judge be polite and respectful, tell him it was a honest mistake that you’ve done it the right way many times before but this time it’s slipped. Good luck hopefully they just dismiss it.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
              That hip certification is just a money grab.
              How? It’s free, just read up on the requirements prior to purchasing a license and it’s all good.

Comment

I take it that the deer Was tagged and the dates were cut out so he couldn’t reuse it later. I think this was just for the log on the back of the license that no one will ever see unless you get stopped by the GW. If the deer was tagged and the dates were cut out a warning would have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                  Your first mistake was willingly stopping and creating an opportunity for a citation.

It's a stupid rule anyway.
                  My thoughts as well

Comment

The license is trickery if you do not pay close attention to it.

Comment

The tag was removed and put on the animal at the processor in my case and could not be reused. The OP would have been ticketed for not tagging the animal had he not do e it. The harvest log is the county and property in which the animal was taken on the back of the license as to adhere to the county rules for deer taken in a hunting season

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                        I take it that the deer Was tagged and the dates were cut out so he couldn’t reuse it later. I think this was just for the log on the back of the license that no one will ever see unless you get stopped by the GW. If the deer was tagged and the dates were cut out a warning would have been nice.

Comment

My 20 yr old son got stupid awhile back like young folks do sometimes and decided to do a donut in the gravel parking lot at Black Creek lake on LBJ Grasslands when he was leaving from fishing. GW drove up just in time to catch him. Wrote him a ticket for public vandalism or something like that. $605 and he had to pay it in full. I thought that was ridiculously high for doing a stupid stunt and most law officers would probably give a stern warning but not a TGW. They seem to be all business all the time. That's almost 2 weeks pay for my son who supports himself. But he certainly learned a lesson, that's for sure. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Never voluntarily talk to the POPO

Comment

Got that same ticket before. Went to the arraignment and plead my case to the prosecutor who then dismissed the ticket (and the other 3 the TGW gave me that day). I worked with that Game Warden years later as an LEO, he was still a jerk.

Comment

what county?

Comment

Working...
                                X