No announcement yet.

Best Factory Bolt-Action under $900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you are “leaning towards 30-06” and you said “featherweight”, my I suggest a Model Seven LS in 308. Its a sheer pleasure.

The new Remington Model 7 LS is a traditional-style rifle with iron sights and an elegant brown laminate hardwood stock that would make Jeff Cooper proud.

Lots of great choices though.

Comment

I like the howa and Vanguard rifles from Weatherby. There was some walmarts that had the Vanguard rifles on clearance. I saw a post on one forum where they were $249 which is a deal!

Comment

tikka. the action is extremely smooth right out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
          I am a huge savage fan. Even the cheapest ones are accurate and dependable.

BP

I inherited my fathers model 110 classic with the green wood stock in 7 mag. Absolutely live that gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
            Tikka
            x2

Comment

Got my rifle in today. Browning X-bolt Medallion in .30-06.

Comment

Very nice looking gun!

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                  I'm about to buy a nicer bolt-action deer rifle to hopefully last forever. I'm set on it having a wood stock. This rifle will mainly get used for deer, hogs, and hopefully an elk eventually. I'm kind of leaning towards a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .30-06, but I wanted y'all's opinion. My budget excluding glass is about $900, what would y'all recommend?
                  If you are really buying this as a forever/everything rifle,do yourself a favor and just buy the rifle of your dreams regardless of the cost. If you really do only buy one rifle you will be so financially ahead of us gun nut owners that it is unreal....I have my shooters and then my backup to the shooters and then my backup to the backup.......Well it just goes on and on...buy what you want and don't worry about it.

Comment

Congrats on a very nice WOOD stocked rifle.

Comment

Congrats man, I love my Xbolt. The trigger on mine was good out of the box, but I just recently put a $20 MCARBO 2.5lb trigger spring in it and its even better now. Easy 10 minute DIY job.

Comment

[....
                        Last edited by sooner6969; 09-14-2018, 06:22 PM. Reason: Late

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                          Congrats man, I love my Xbolt. The trigger on mine was good out of the box, but I just recently put a $20 MCARBO 2.5lb trigger spring in it and its even better now. Easy 10 minute DIY job.

Thanks for the info. I’m definitely going to look into that. The trigger feels pretty good, but I do wish it could go a little lighter.

Comment

Working...
                          X