Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #1
Bama
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stovallcustomknives facebook
Default The first Thanksgiving without my Mom

My Mom passed away on Oct 31 thus year .This is the first Holiday without her I have to admit I'm a pretty strong person but it has been very rough. She would want us to be happy but 51 yrs with a Mom doesn't prepare you for without one . She is in a better place the dementia in the end was rough people that have went through it with parents understand. I'm thankful I still have my Dad and a wonderful wife and 2 great Kids . Sorry for the rambling post its just been a weird day. Hug family and tell them how you feel.

Anthony
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:32 PM   #2
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

No rambling at all sir. I dread even thinking about that level of loss.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:52 PM   #3
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I know how you feel sir. It is tough but with time it gets a little easier to accept. But that feeling doesn't ever go away completely. Which is a good thing, it shouldn't. The day you forget about loved ones who have passed on is the day they truly die.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:39 PM   #4
CamoQuest
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson County

The voices you no longer hear can sometimes be the loudest. Going through something similar in our family. I’m thankful and blessed with friends and family, but gosh, I sure miss the ones no longer with us. Prayers for you and your family, now and through the coming season.
CamoQuest is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:42 PM   #5
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

I understand bud. Lost my dad several years ago and that was tough the first few holidays without him. It’s been 23 years and we still talk about him at the dinner table every holiday. Can’t wait to see him again one day. Sorry for your loss. It does get better as the years go by.
Mtltx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:53 PM   #6
ladybluearm
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
My Mom passed away on Oct 31 thus year .This is the first Holiday without her I have to admit I'm a pretty strong person but it has been very rough. She would want us to be happy but 51 yrs with a Mom doesn't prepare you for without one . She is in a better place the dementia in the end was rough people that have went through it with parents understand. I'm thankful I still have my Dad and a wonderful wife and 2 great Kids . Sorry for the rambling post its just been a weird day. Hug family and tell them how you feel.

Anthony
Been there sir. Lost my mom in 2014, she spent her last Thanksgiving with me and my husband and kids. Itís hard to get thru a holiday with that empty chair. Blessings to you.Dementia is a mean disease for sure.
ladybluearm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #7
Lights Out
Six Point

Hunt In: Wise County

Anthony you’re not alone my friend. I lost my best friend my Dad seven years ago. Like said above the memories are what keeps them around. We talk everyday. Prayers
Lights Out is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #8
axisbuck24
Pope & Young

Truly understand, I lost my brother on Oct 19 of this year. Even though we didn’t always spend the holidays together, we text or called one another. Taking it one day at a time but the tears still fall when I think of him.
axisbuck24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:15 AM   #9
gatt40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Patricio, Mountain Home & wherever

Bless your family. Sorry.
gatt40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 08:18 AM   #10
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post

Anthony
I feel your pain!
Iíll be 60 in February I lost momma in 11-11-11
I still mis her today!
Be blessed
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #11
cashcropper
Ten Point

My most sincere condolences for your loss,going through this same situation. We lost Dad just before last Christmas. Christmas was terribly rough and yesterday as well. Time has a way of easing your hurt but it still seems to come in waves. Will pray for you and yours.
cashcropper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM   #12
huntandfishguy6
Eight Point

I know where you are coming from, and you have my condolences. Lost my mom Oct 12, 2012, wish i could hug her neck one more time, and eat a plate of her chicken and rice.
huntandfishguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #13
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Prayers up for you and your family. I can’t say it gets better, at least not in my heart. My mother passed in 1992. I was 21 at the time, now at 51 I still miss her greatly. Holidays are rough.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM   #14
Prairieboy
Four Point

Hunt In: Houston & Liberty

Prayers up for you and the family. Lost my Dad 12-10-19 and I have those days where it's pretty tough to do anything other than to think of him. Focusing on the good times and memories that were made together helps some. Stay strong and keep your heart right until your reunited on those streets of gold.
Prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #15
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
No rambling at all sir. I dread even thinking about that level of loss.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
x2
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #16
RMW
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Down South

Sorry for your loss sir, I to lost my mother from Alzheimer’s on 11-13-21 and miss her so much
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #17
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW View Post
Sorry for your loss sir, I to lost my mother from Alzheimerís on 11-13-21 and miss her so much
That was my birthday. Sorry for your loss and all the rest who've lost loved ones. My dad's been gone 17 years. Still miss him like it was yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM   #18
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default Dementia sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybluearm View Post
Been there sir. Lost my mom in 2014, she spent her last Thanksgiving with me and my husband and kids. Itís hard to get thru a holiday with that empty chair. Blessings to you.Dementia is a mean disease for sure.
Mom passed away July 18, 2021. TODAY would have been she & Dadsí 68th Anniversary. They both have dementia and Dad is in a Nursing Home. Just left visiting with him and not sure he even knew me.
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM   #19
SJP51
Eight Point

Hunt In: Menard, Bryan

Lossing parents is a tough road. My Dad has been gone 6-years. The first just seemed so "off". Mom tried to keep up appearances but it was hurting her.

Sorry for your loss. You're in good company.
SJP51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top