Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-25-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
Highbridge hand
Six Point

Default Family drama, drunks & wild holiday tales!

Seems like there has been a few of these threads over the years. I could use a few laughs. Post em up!
My sister-in-law charged us for Christmas dinner last year. 10 bucks a head for the worst catered fast food bbq I have ever had. I think I am the only one who paid & I paid $20 a head for my gang (5 of us) so she couldn’t say we cost her anything. We aren’t a large family the whole meal probably cost 75-80$. The idea of inviting family into your home to break bread on freakin Christmas & then charge them for the meal just goes against my nature. That’s the best I got, lay some good ones on me!

Last edited by Highbridge hand; 11-25-2021 at 07:31 PM. Reason: 8th grade education
Highbridge hand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #2
Acameron52
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jacksboro & Coleman

Man oh man!! I guess I’m lucky, my family has never had any real issues. Nothing that we don’t laugh about the next day anyway!
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
dosrobles
Six Point

Hunt In: Bertram

Only issues in my family revolve around my sister and her family and they have refused to be in a room with me for the past 5 years. I call that a win.

It appears that in some circles it is not ok to ask children to be respectful-thats about the entire story.
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #4
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Nope nope nope

There’s one thread for this and one thread only! No need to spread out the funny stuff in multiple threads and just keep bumping it every holiday season in the past.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ghlight=Family
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #5
Highbridge hand
Six Point

[QUOTE=150class;15956572]Nope nope nope

There’s one thread for this and one thread only! No need to spread out the funny stuff in multiple threads and just keep bumping it every holiday season in the past.

SOLD! That makes it easy
Highbridge hand is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 11:02 PM   #6
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Nope nope nope

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ghlight=Family
I second this. Y’all HAVE GOT to go read some of these stories. I just read one where a gun shot went off and hit his mom in the collar bone, went to the hospital then came back home and fed all the detectives dinner. One cop stayed behind and played cards with the family. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Mtltx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top