Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #51
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
The thread wouldn't have been started if they hadn't come out the gates looking like crap?? Heck, The trouncing of the Eagles alone was an early Christmas for me.
If they hadn't come out of gates looking like crap? They took the Super Bowl champs with everybody returning from it, down to the wire in game 1?.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #52
Smart
Pope & Young

No way is Pollard wearing down the defense so Zeke can get his carries. Zeke is their short yardage back so in a Pollard series, if they need short yardage Zeke is going to come in. Zeke carries the load for the most part. His offseason work is shining through. Pollard is a great change of pace and is doing a superb job giving Zeke a blow once every 3-4 series and then some. He is an explosive back and doing his part. I enjoy the 1-2 punch.

I checked the guy who ran Zeke down on his breakaway yesterday when nobody else had a shot. Chinn is a 4.4 40 guy with the angle....Zeke found some of his youth speed this past offseason evidently. He **** sure found his jump cuts and agility
Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #53
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
No way is Pollard wearing down the defense so Zeke can get his carries. Zeke is their short yardage back so in a Pollard series, if they need short yardage Zeke is going to come in. Zeke carries the load for the most part. His offseason work is shining through. Pollard is a great change of pace and is doing a superb job giving Zeke a blow once every 3-4 series and then some. He is an explosive back and doing his part. I enjoy the 1-2 punch.

I checked the guy who ran Zeke down on his breakaway yesterday when nobody else had a shot. Chinn is a 4.4 40 guy with the angle....Zeke found some of his youth speed this past offseason evidently. He **** sure found his jump cuts and agility
Not only all this ^^^ but Zeke picks up the blitz way better than Pollard ever will… I highly believe a lot of the rushing improvement is that the O line is finally back to blocking people consistently… the team needs two good running backs… the cowboys have two above average runners going now… hopefully they can use them to make a deep run into the post season
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #54
breederbuck33
Ten Point

I agree with enjoying the 1-2 punch! I also understand he's a better blocking back, I guess I just enjoy watching that explosiveness more. lol Also lets not forget had Dallas's kicker not missed 2 field goals and an extra point in that game against Tampa Bay they'd be 4-0.
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #55
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I agree with enjoying the 1-2 punch! I also understand he's a better blocking back, I guess I just enjoy watching that explosiveness more. lol Also lets not forget had Dallas's kicker not missed 2 field goals and an extra point in that game against Tampa Bay they'd be 4-0.

Yup… Tom B is a lucky Mofo!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:57 PM   #56
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
If they hadn't come out of gates looking like crap? They took the Super Bowl champs with everybody returning from it, down to the wire in game 1?.
I was taking task to the haters who mentioned the boys have only played against hacks & it's only the beginning of the season...what difference would it even make even if it was an incorrect trollish statement?? Point is they look really strong & executing well early on which usually makes for a positive season. Like Jeff posted, hate all you want but don't look silly doing it. I HATE the eagles, but wouldn't dismiss a strong start to a season if asked how they looked. It is what it is.

~~~~~~~~

Back to Pollard & zeke...they really compliment each other well with the different styles. Zeke seems to be content smacking head on to get a close 1st showing he's still got it, where Pollard will take every gap to get some extra inches. Wish they were on the field at the same time more often just for grins.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #57
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I was taking task to the haters who mentioned the boys have only played against hacks & it's only the beginning of the season...what difference would it even make even if it was an incorrect trollish statement?? Point is they look really strong & executing well early on which usually makes for a positive season. Like Jeff posted, hate all you want but don't look silly doing it. I HATE the eagles, but wouldn't dismiss a strong start to a season if asked how they looked. It is what it is.

~~~~~~~~

Back to Pollard & zeke...they really compliment each other well with the different styles. Zeke seems to be content smacking head on to get a close 1st showing he's still got it, where Pollard will take every gap to get some extra inches. Wish they were on the field at the same time more often just for grins.

Then I read it wrong. I thought you were serious.. I retract my question.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:10 PM   #58
Beansprout
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Just have to keep up the good work!!
Beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 03:12 PM   #59
tfrye
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jack County

I love the way the entire team is looking, I personally think Dak has been playing at this level for the last few years. 4 out of Dak's 5 seasons he has been top 5 in QBR. I am not shocked at his level of play, question is can the defense keep this up!
tfrye is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 03:16 PM   #60
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

I'm also dig'n every time Cooper gets the ball & the fans sound like they are booing while the kid joins in...told him to go look up some old Moose vids.

Flashbacks
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 03:17 PM   #61
axisbuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lampasas

Easily overlooked but the Defense did a fantastic job w takeaways and putting pressure on the QB and getting stops when needed most. And it helps 2 of the 4 teams in the division are looking pretty ordinary. Exciting season so far we will see at the half way mark
axisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #62
Bobby Bowtech
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Texas/NM

Meanwhile in Houston.....40-0. 😄😃😄
Bobby Bowtech is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #63
3rdCoastHunter
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bowtech View Post
Meanwhile in Houston.....40-0. 😄😃😄
Houston has the baseball team dally got the foosball it’s all good
3rdCoastHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #64
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind

Injury free they could win the division. OT is already on a razor thin edge with #78 playing already at RT. He could be the worst OT in pro football. Fingers crossed T Smith stays healthy at LT.
The defense is flyin around and knows what they are doing this year. I have a ex player that works in the personnel dept. He said last year was a complete cluster wad. He said Dan Quinn has everyones attention this year.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 04:50 PM   #65
ATXRaider83
Eight Point

Hunt In: Garza County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Injury free they could win the division. OT is already on a razor thin edge with #78 playing already at RT. He could be the worst OT in pro football. Fingers crossed T Smith stays healthy at LT.

The defense is flyin around and knows what they are doing this year. I have a ex player that works in the personnel dept. He said last year was a complete cluster wad. He said Dan Quinn has everyones attention this year.
Worst OT in pro football? Show us on the doll where he hurt you.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
ATXRaider83 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-04-2021, 05:23 PM   #66
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXRaider83 View Post
Worst OT in pro football? Show us on the doll where he hurt you.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Hehe, Ok, one of the worst. Still must be ok to be in the NFL. He has never hurt me at all. Probably a great guy. He played all last year because of TSmiths injury. Got replaced by a guard after a while. Collins went down and he had to play RT. Slap on some film/video and its glaring. I never thought he would be back on the roster. Just my opinion. Keep an eye on him for a quarter or two. See what you think.
Go Cowboys!
Old 10-04-2021, 07:43 PM   #67
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hehe, Ok, one of the worst. Still must be ok to be in the NFL. He has never hurt me at all. Probably a great guy. He played all last year because of TSmiths injury. Got replaced by a guard after a while. Collins went down and he had to play RT. Slap on some film/video and its glaring. I never thought he would be back on the roster. Just my opinion. Keep an eye on him for a quarter or two. See what you think.
Go Cowboys!

All the talk Ive seen about him is that he is leaps and bounds ahead of last year. Like he flipped a switch. I know you know Oline, so I'm just curious if you are going by last year's reports or this year's watchings?
Old 10-04-2021, 07:44 PM   #68
Smart
Pope & Young

Saw this on the Twitterz......

Zeke: power/quick/great blocker

Pollard: elusive/fast/great hands

We don’t have to run one down to build the other one up, they are both great.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:00 PM   #69
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
All the talk Ive seen about him is that he is leaps and bounds ahead of last year. Like he flipped a switch. I know you know Oline, so I'm just curious if you are going by last year's reports or this year's watchings?
I hope your right and the experts are right. He didnt play the first game I watched. I didnt get to watch the other two.
Yesterday I noticed him on a few run plays where he was stumbling around. One TE motion,TE&OT counter where the TE kicked the DE out. 78 knows to be looking for the mlb to be scraping over the top from the inside and he logs him or who ever shows from the inside. He runs thru the hole looking outside into space and the RB got blasted.
His pass pro wasnt bad at all yesterday. Once again I hope yall are right.
Super bowl bound!
Go Cowboys!
Old 10-04-2021, 09:06 PM   #70
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
I hope your right and the experts are right. He didnt play the first game I watched. I didnt get to watch the other two.
Yesterday I noticed him on a few run plays where he was stumbling around. One TE motion,TE&OT counter where the TE kicked the DE out. 78 knows to be looking for the mlb to be scraping over the top from the inside and he logs him or who ever shows from the inside. He runs thru the hole looking outside into space and the RB got blasted.
His pass pro wasnt bad at all yesterday. Once again I hope yall are right.
Super bowl bound!
Go Cowboys!

I hope THEY are right. I've been watching him and his pass pro seems better than what the experts described last year when he was named the starter. Zeke/Pollard are getting some good holes on that side as well. Zekes big run was on that side with Zach. Hopefully he continues to get better. The pothead will be back soon so maybe 78 can be a serviceable swing tackle

Last edited by Smart; 10-04-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 12:07 AM   #71
Smart
Pope & Young

Old 10-05-2021, 01:00 AM   #72
Tom
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocky Mountains, Africa

Quote:
you're fired up. Been a couple of years
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 02:43 AM   #73
Beansprout
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
28% of Dak's completions yesterday were for touchdowns. He is playing terrific and even showed he could still run when the pocket collapsed yesterday.

Amari is elite - what concentration to pull that pass in and stay in bounds. It shouldn't hurt when they get Gallop, Lawrence, and Lael back from injury.

Now we are going from just winning the NFC "Least" to probably able to hang in with anyone in the league (including Tampa and Kansas City). Lots of football to play and have to stay healthy but man is this entertaining!
Dak is out there ballin. He had a great start before his injury but no he has a lift team behind him
Beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 12:01 PM   #74
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Broke parent kids baseball club

Real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #75
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

ESPN reporting Cowboys have waived Jalen (sp?) Smith.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-05-2021, 10:38 PM   #76
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
ESPN reporting Cowboys have waived Jalen (sp?) Smith.
Wow! This is interesting
Old 10-05-2021, 11:54 PM   #77
Smart
Pope & Young

Good! He was a liability unless he was flexing and celebrating tackles 10 yards down the field.

https://twitter.com/texas_william/st...111663116?s=10
Old 10-06-2021, 12:01 AM   #78
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Weird timing, I wonder who they’re making a roster spot for..?

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 12:59 AM   #79
Smart
Pope & Young

Default Dallas Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Weird timing, I wonder who they’re making a roster spot for..?

Keanu Neal comes back from Covid soon. …. Plus Jabril Cox needs some playing time.

Looks like in my reading that they had to pay him 7.2 million guaranteed this year due to an injury clause. (Off season wrist surgery) and if he gets hurt this year, 9.2 million next year guaranteed. I’m going to assume they kept him on the roster this year because they already had to pay him and figured he could add depth. He got passed over by younger, better, healthier players. The Twitterz said they cut him now so he wouldn’t get injured on their watch and they’d be on the hook for 9.2 mil next year guaranteed for a guy that would be nothing but depth. Too expensive and frees up some next year money.

Wonder what he spent to buy up all the # 54 jersey inventory to wear #9 for these 4 games?

Last edited by Smart; 10-06-2021 at 01:07 AM.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:26 AM   #80
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Quote:
Good! He was a liability unless he was flexing and celebrating tackles 10 yards down the field.

https://twitter.com/texas_william/st...111663116?s=10
My thoughts as well. Made a lot of tackles for 5-7 yard gains then flexed every time.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:48 AM   #81
Passthrough
Pope & Young

Won’t miss “the swipe”…..as everyone said…..10 yards downfield….lol

Last edited by Passthrough; 10-06-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Passthrough is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 08:11 AM   #82
Smart
Pope & Young

Here’s a better worded explanation from a Cowboys beat writer …

Old 10-06-2021, 08:15 AM   #83
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Default Dallas Cowboys

Another wasted 2nd round pick, with a contract…this is why Jerrah doesn’t win Super Bowls…

Old 10-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #84
Pedernal
Pope & Young

So what happened to this guy? I did t watch many games last year but I know the defense was horrible. Was it not the year before that he and Vander Esch we’re flying all over the field making tackles??

Did he just get the contract and decide to sand-bag it or was he just not ever good?
Old 10-06-2021, 08:34 AM   #85
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Another wasted 2nd round pick, with a contract…this is why Jerrah doesn’t win Super Bowls…

My first thought was "another terrible Jerry contract..."
Colton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #86
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Well hopefully Trevon Diggs, taken in the second round by Jerrah, will develop and keep you from grabbing the low hanging fruit ....
Old 10-06-2021, 08:47 AM   #87
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
My first thought was "another terrible Jerry contract..."

No doubt about that...I was hoping he would further improve after his one pretty solid year. It's almost as if Jerry, felt bad for his story and just took care of him.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #88
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Jalen was a gamble pic anyway. He had his flashes but I'm not upset to see him go... I'm doubtful any Cowboys fan is.

This team is about to get stronger ... we are deep in almost every position on the DEFENSE... finally.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 08:55 AM   #89
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

all I can say is, good riddance. Move on.

So now are they going to pick up Gilmour from the Patriots? He was just released as well.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 08:58 AM   #90
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Well hopefully Trevon Diggs, taken in the second round by Jerrah, will develop and keep you from grabbing the low hanging fruit ....
I'm glad you mentioned Diggs, perfect example of what a 2nd round pick should look like...I think he'd go mid 1st round if they redrafted that year.

As opposed to someone who can't play for a year and a half, then gets cut in year 4??? Would have been cut last year if not for the bad contract. Jaylon Smith was actually negative value...we'd been better off not even having that pick.lol

It's good to see Gregory finally able to contribute! That 2nd round pick only took a major rule change, and 3 or 4 years to see the field. If he plays for league minimum for the next 4 years, that one may pay off.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:59 AM   #91
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwinklr View Post

So now are they going to pick up Gilmour from the Patriots? He was just released as well.
This could be good…. Defense is highly improved but it is still not dominate IMHO
Old 10-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #92
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned Diggs, perfect example of what a 2nd round pick should look like...I think he'd go mid 1st round if they redrafted that year.

As opposed to someone who can't play for a year and a half, then gets cut in year 4??? Would have been cut last year if not for the bad contract. Jaylon Smith was actually negative value...we'd been better off not even having that pick.lol

It's good to see Gregory finally able to contribute! That 2nd round pick only took a major rule change, and 3 or 4 years to see the field. If he plays for league minimum for the next 4 years, that one may pay off.

Hopefully the DB Joseph develops like Diggs...
Old 10-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #93
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale moser View Post
i’ve got my issues with jerry, but he had more business sense in his little finger today than you, me, or joe biden have ever had collectively.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
fify :d
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 09:32 AM   #94
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwinklr View Post

If this is the case, I don't think the Cowboys can afford him...

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...836697602?s=20

"My understanding is that SFA CB Stephon Gilmore who was set to earn $7M in base salary this season is looking to earn at least $15M a year on the open market now. There are several teams that can look to bolster their secondary with attrition already kicking in by week 5."
Old 10-06-2021, 10:34 AM   #95
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
If this is the case, I don't think the Cowboys can afford him...

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...836697602?s=20

"My understanding is that SFA CB Stephon Gilmore who was set to earn $7M in base salary this season is looking to earn at least $15M a year on the open market now. There are several teams that can look to bolster their secondary with attrition already kicking in by week 5."
I think I heard he won't come off the pup list until after week 6. I'd gamble on him at around 3-4 mil, no more. He was atrocious last year before the injury, but it he could be close to his '18 self, he makes this defense noticeably better.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #96
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Hopefully the DB Joseph develops like Diggs...
A cowboy team with 2 competent corners??? Hello 1996!
Old 10-06-2021, 10:56 AM   #97
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
A cowboy team with 2 competent corners??? Hello 1996!
Sanders and Smith? Both just Nasty....I don't remember Kevin being there that late but that doesn't mean anything. My memory is struggling.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #98
Raleigh
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
As most of my buddies are Cowboys fans, I’ve enjoyed watching them suffer. Not the team, just my buddies. Cowboy fans are hopelessly optimistic and often times delusional. With that being said, this team is legit. They’ve often had the best team in the league on paper only to crap the bed. I don’t think that happens this year. They look really good at all skill positions and the defense is better than I thought they’d be. This could be the year I lose a lot of money and eat a lot of crow. This team just feels different from those disappointing teams of the last 20+ years. Gonna go throw up now.

What he said
Raleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 11:18 AM   #99
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Go cowboys !!!!!!!
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-06-2021, 12:05 PM   #100
joel45acp
Ten Point

Hunt In: Land Baron in Rocksprings TX

This cowgirl team reminds me of the Sooners in college ball. All hype all year long only to fall flat on their faces at the end…….. carry on
joel45acp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top