Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #1
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default Somerville 21-22

Itís time to bring back a new thread. Hope all have been well and healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

Yep, been out scouting a few times this year. Hot, wet, and lots of mosquitos and snakes. I put out some cameras in an area that I haven't seen any hunter sign so we will see if they make it a couple of months.

Shot some pigs in another area. Came across a hunter on a weekday middle of day in the very, very back after a mile hike that had carried corn and a dolly. That is a lot of work and dedication. I just walk around and scout this time of year. If I walk up on pigs, then I let them have it. Someone had a feeder out there as I heard it go off close to a parking area.

Trying to find buck sign and different areas to hunt and places not many willing to go to avoid the weekend part timers. I think I found some, but the area is so big going to take years to figure it all out and I don't hunt that unit primarily. Its more of a quick day trip hunt for me at this time.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-15-2021, 11:57 PM   #3
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

I've been out scouting a few times this summer. The brush and weeds have gotten super high thanks to all this rain we've had out here. Saw some deer and a lot of sign, so I'm excited about this coming season.

On to the bad news, I've already encountered an sd card thief...

Based on my cell transmissions, they only got 7 days worth of pictures of a couple doe. So be careful and hide yalls cameras.
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2021, 11:54 AM   #4
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
I've been out scouting a few times this summer. The brush and weeds have gotten super high thanks to all this rain we've had out here. Saw some deer and a lot of sign, so I'm excited about this coming season.

On to the bad news, I've already encountered an sd card thief...

Based on my cell transmissions, they only got 7 days worth of pictures of a couple doe. So be careful and hide yalls cameras.
Man that is rough, I guess lucky they didn't steal the camera but not cool either way. Did you get a photo of the thief since you stated cell camera? I have the new game warden's information if you would like it
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2021, 10:37 PM   #5
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beargrasstx View Post
Man that is rough, I guess lucky they didn't steal the camera but not cool either way. Did you get a photo of the thief since you stated cell camera? I have the new game warden's information if you would like it
Unfortunately, I was getting the settings figured out and was running a delay. Now I'm getting them instantly transferred. Not sure if its worth talking to the warden without any evidence.
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-16-2021, 10:53 PM   #6
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beargrasstx View Post
Man that is rough, I guess lucky they didn't steal the camera but not cool either way. Did you get a photo of the thief since you stated cell camera? I have the new game warden's information if you would like it

You mind sharing the info?

Years prior weve had issues with guys
1) running hog dogs thru during deer season
2)guys target practicing with pistols (shooting pigs)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #7
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
You mind sharing the info?

Years prior weve had issues with guys
1) running hog dogs thru during deer season
2)guys target practicing with pistols (shooting pigs)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent you a PM with the info
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2021, 05:58 PM   #8
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Ragweed is getting out of hand out there like good lord what does it take for use to get help with clearing it out heck even the road is so overgrown this is getting pathetic

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #9
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Today was my first trip back to the PHL since being deployed in 2019-2020. This place has gone to CRAP. Roads not maintained, ragweed.. JEEZUS! Itís took over every open spot there was. Theres is little to no graze grasses for anything out there. That I seenÖ The management of Somerville PHL really needs to step it up - if that means some of us volunteering to shred, grade, thin out the place Ö please let us do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2021, 08:22 PM   #10
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Today was my first trip back to the PHL since being deployed in 2019-2020. This place has gone to CRAP. Roads not maintained, ragweed.. JEEZUS! Itís took over every open spot there was. Theres is little to no graze grasses for anything out there. That I seenÖ The management of Somerville PHL really needs to step it up - if that means some of us volunteering to shred, grade, thin out the place Ö please let us do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My weedeater with the blades would do amazing if only I could take it! Lol come Oct when it pollens ima be dead

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2021, 07:07 PM   #11
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

I stopped getting pictures of deer bc the way my camera was set up and the ragweed. It was taller than the deer in places.
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2021, 07:44 PM   #12
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
I stopped getting pictures of deer bc the way my camera was set up and the ragweed. It was taller than the deer in places.

Itís horrible out there man.

Itís only going to get worse with the disturbance in the Gulf moving towards Texas coast.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2021, 04:48 AM   #13
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

You gotta use cameras that allow you to cable lock them to a tree through the door where the SD card is stored. Thatís the only way to stop the SD cards from walking off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #14
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem788 View Post
You gotta use cameras that allow you to cable lock them to a tree through the door where the SD card is stored. Thatís the only way to stop the SD cards from walking off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The door was locked shut with the cable lock. The thief broke the part of the door that the cable lock goes through. Trust me they were very determined to get the doe pictures that were on there.

I'm going to try out some of the steel lock boxes on top of cable locking it to the tree.
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2021, 10:11 PM   #15
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
The door was locked shut with the cable lock. The thief broke the part of the door that the cable lock goes through. Trust me they were very determined to get the doe pictures that were on there.

I'm going to try out some of the steel lock boxes on top of cable locking it to the tree.

Man that really sucks. I really like hunting that place and Iíve run into mostly good people out there although itís very rare I even see another hunter.

It really sucks that thereís those people out there ruining it for everyone else. Iíve had cards stolen several times when I had no lock but that just ridiculous to go through all that effort to break someoneís stuff for nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #16
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

I have some cheap cameras out there. Hopefully still out there...
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2021, 07:07 PM   #17
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Spent few hours out today trying to relocate some stand ideas. With the ragweed overtake it was a lost cause. Didnít see a single deer or pig this morning but stumbled across a 18-20Ē Copperhead

Itís going to be a rough season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-05-2021, 09:37 PM   #18
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Spent few hours out today trying to relocate some stand ideas. With the ragweed overtake it was a lost cause. Didnít see a single deer or pig this morning but stumbled across a 18-20Ē Copperhead

Itís going to be a rough season


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I know is if anyone come Oct hears someone sneezing and coughing it ain't covid dang ragweed is gonna KILL me this yr so I'll push all the deer to yall

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #19
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

Alright, so who on here has been watching Jeff Sturgis with Whitetail Habitat Solutions? Name:  20210923_114535.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  244.1 KB

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2021, 06:41 PM   #20
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Busteddddd hahaha I seen this on videos never tried whoever did this let me kniw how it worjs!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-23-2021, 07:06 PM   #21
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

I didnt see a camera over it but I didn't look long. It's in a good travel area! Curious if it was a fellow tbher.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 12:43 PM   #22
Spoiled_TN_boy
Ten Point
 
Spoiled_TN_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bastrop
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

T-minus 7 days.
I'll be close enough to the road to take pictures of you guys driving by!
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #23
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
T-minus 7 days.
I'll be close enough to the road to take pictures of you guys driving by!
**** I'm about to just let yall have it....dand ragweed pollen is killing me screw this crap! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #24
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Yep itís really grown up. I havenít seen near the amount of game cameras set up that I did last year or all the boot prints. However, I had several deer on cameras daily since June and now this past 9 days absolutely nothing except a squirrel once in a while. Weíll just have to wait and see how many newbies show up opening weekend to spot and stalk just like they see on tv.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 05:58 PM   #25
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

Found doe in several areas of the unit and their bedding area. Problem is finding a good buck. Only pictures of small bucks except for one night time picture of a good 8 pt it looked like.

Not sure how much I will get to hunt Somerville but going to do my best to get a buck down when I get the opportunity. My problem is limited to only day hunts, no evening hunts.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #26
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

FYI, post - correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we supposed to wear Orange year round out there? I asked a game warden and the Somerville crew and was told yes, even when there isn't a shotgun season but it is a new game warden this year.
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #27
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem788 View Post
Yep itís really grown up. I havenít seen near the amount of game cameras set up that I did last year or all the boot prints. However, I had several deer on cameras daily since June and now this past 9 days absolutely nothing except a squirrel once in a while. Weíll just have to wait and see how many newbies show up opening weekend to spot and stalk just like they see on tv.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had one guy show up this morning who said he hunted box 5 and STRAIGHT up said he's out there finding stands to hunt and "its publicland" so if he finds cameras and stand he will use and take as he wants....uses a bike to go down the road

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #28
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

I got photos of him and his truck and if my stuff comes up missing he will be on my hunt list

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:11 PM   #29
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Had one guy show up this morning who said he hunted box 5 and STRAIGHT up said he's out there finding stands to hunt and "its publicland" so if he finds cameras and stand he will use and take as he wants....uses a bike to go down the road

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

What is box 5? Iíve been hunting out there 8-9 years now and never heard of it. Sounds like an A hole for sure. I donít leave stands out there ever. I know a lot of people do because Iíve seen them plenty of times and some have been there several years in the same spots. When I see a stand or camera I just move on down the way a bit and find my own spot. Thatís all it takes is one or a few of those guys to ruin it for everyone else.

People like him are why I place my cameras on trees covered in poison ivy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #30
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Box 5 is other the area in deanville threw the guys property on the yegua creek side

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #31
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Box 5 is other the area in deanville threw the guys property on the yegua creek side

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ah ok. I havenít ever been that far on that unit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #32
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

We did lots of spot and stalk for pigs through that unit for a few months after last season. I lost count on how many stands we came across out there. They werenít all cheapies either but they were all missing the seat cushions. Iím guessing they meant to leave them there but take the cushion just in case so at least if someone uses their stand itís not comfy. We found at least three full on feeders that were still throwing out corn. Somebody puts in a lot of work carrying all that corn back there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 08:21 PM   #33
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem788 View Post
We did lots of spot and stalk for pigs through that unit for a few months after last season. I lost count on how many stands we came across out there. They werenít all cheapies either but they were all missing the seat cushions. Iím guessing they meant to leave them there but take the cushion just in case so at least if someone uses their stand itís not comfy. We found at least three full on feeders that were still throwing out corn. Somebody puts in a lot of work carrying all that corn back there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha yep game carts come in handy hauling the feed in after season


Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 08:27 PM   #34
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Hahaha yep game carts come in handy hauling the feed in after season


Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Iíve thought about getting one for a few years now just to get animals out. The problem is that I donít want to leave it in the truck to get stolen and I donít want to drag it in and out with me creating a highway for everyone to follow.

Iíve halfway though about tying up fluorescent surveyor flagging to purposely lead people any other direction.
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-25-2021, 08:34 PM   #35
Beargrasstx
Ten Point
 
Beargrasstx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Richmond
Hunt In: Anywhere I get permission or invited; public land, western states
Default

5 is a good area to hike back into. Lots of pigs in there to stalk. This is the area I noticed feeders and bumped into a guy that hauled sack of corn with a game cart this past May or June. Middle of the day on like a Monday I think. Needless to say I was surprised to find someone about a mile back there at that time.

I hunted 3 a lot and someone had a nice feeder set up a few yards off an oil field road.

I try and have areas at each parking spot so I am not limited. I have more scouting to do the next off season and hopefully will get more of a feel this season on deer pressure and movement. I found one spot with minimal hunter sign all summer. As no sign of past hunters except for one old stand in an area I didn't plan to hunt. In the past month, a lot more but I haven't figured out if just one hunter from my game camera or several others. I was hoping it might be someone on here
Beargrasstx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 09:54 PM   #36
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Anyone watching the weather for this weekend? Looks like it will be a rainy opener.
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #37
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
Anyone watching the weather for this weekend? Looks like it will be a rainy opener.
Ahhh it's just some rain 2 yrs ago we watched the creek break bank and rise 2 ft in a hr up our trees lol it be ok lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 09:58 PM   #38
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
Anyone watching the weather for this weekend? Looks like it will be a rainy opener.

It sure looks like itís gonna be a wet one depending on where you look. I have three different percentages of rain then another says mostly cloudy. Either way, I got a frogg togg suit and Iím going out there regardless of the weather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 09:59 PM   #39
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Ahhh it's just some rain 2 yrs ago we watched the creek break bank and rise 2 ft in a hr up our trees lol it be ok lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Lol!!! I remember several years back driving by and it looked like a lake out there as far as the eye could see.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 09:59 PM   #40
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem788 View Post
It sure looks like itís gonna be a wet one depending on where you look. I have three different percentages of rain then another says mostly cloudy. Either way, I got a frogg togg suit and Iím going out there regardless of the weather.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol come on man you can't be that committed lol you know dang well we gonna be out there! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:01 PM   #41
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Lol come on man you can't be that committed lol you know dang well we gonna be out there! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Oh Iím going! My buddy that just started hunting out there with me last season has already been making some comments about the rain basically trying to back out. I told him Iím going rain or shine. Itís been way too long since Iíve been in a tree.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:03 PM   #42
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem788 View Post
Oh Iím going! My buddy that just started hunting out there with me last season has already been making some comments about the rain basically trying to back out. I told him Iím going rain or shine. Itís been way too long since Iíve been in a tree.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha listen in the last 13 yrs iv been there hunting after it stops iv seen more deer than ever so ill sit it out its not cold yet so alil rain may feel good haha

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #43
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:05 PM   #44
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya "hey come help me drag her put creeks not that deep yet" BAM over my head crossing creek

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #45
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
Ya "hey come help me drag her put creeks not that deep yet" BAM over my head crossing creek

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:14 PM   #46
Pretengineer
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: College Station TX
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright so bring the floaties if hunting near a creek, noted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretengineer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:15 PM   #47
Hoggwild
Eight Point
 
Hoggwild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Brazos, Lee Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretengineer View Post
Alright so bring the floaties if hunting near a creek, noted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a kayak and have someone pick you up on the lake! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoggwild is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:20 PM   #48
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!!! I guess flooding is one way to get them out of the thick stuff. Hahaha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:21 PM   #49
GD47
Six Point
 
GD47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggwild View Post
Or a kayak and have someone pick you up on the lake! Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May need a boat if this happens again lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
GD47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2021, 10:23 PM   #50
rem788
Ten Point
 
rem788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Public Land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD47 View Post
May need a boat if this happens again lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Thatís what I remember it looking like. Iíve been out there thinking Iím gonna cross the creek to get somewhere and it looks like a river. I always wear rubber boots because even if it isnít completely flooded thereís lots of places that hold 6Ē or more of water for weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rem788 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com