Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #351
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Burn/smoke wood the entire time they are here.
Get some fireworks too.

Cali folk are real nervous around open flames/fire & tired of smelling smoke for three months.

Make them feel at home.
I'm sorry I laughed at this.
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 02:40 PM   #352
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

one of the best threads on tbh
Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 02:43 PM   #353
hoythunter02
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR 314 View Post
I saw Lt. Col. Frank Slade put a Ranger choke hold on some Nancy who worked for Snowflake Sugar at Thanksgiving dinner once--Randy deserved it. :-)
Greatness....my all time favorite movie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hoythunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #354
88 Bound
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

I have some but they don't hold a candle to the crap I've read here so...Ö.bump
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 03:13 PM   #355
Big Lee
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

Looking forward the cousin eddy stories.
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #356
hero_moneybags
Six Point

I still want to know what happened to Harry_Reed
hero_moneybags is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #357
smokeless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Across the fence

Our holiday get togethers are nothing, compared to some of these. I hate drama.
smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 05:45 PM   #358
meltingfeather
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

Well mom got drunk, and dad got drunk...
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #359
Shu
Eight Point

Hunt In: Junction

Some great reading here
Shu is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2020, 07:24 AM   #360
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
Burn/smoke wood the entire time they are here.
Get some fireworks too.

Cali folk are real nervous around open flames/fire & tired of smelling smoke for three months.

Make them feel at home.
Thanks cold...I got a good laugh though
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #361
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Man I cant believe I have never seen this thread. Some of you guys had me laughing so hard my side hurt. I cant wait for more.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #362
Ishi&Elvis
Eight Point

getting close, ttt
Ishi&Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #363
pontiac
Eight Point

Default Blue Spike

My 2 oldest nieces gave my sister and my parents fits growing up. We figured it was something in the genes since their dad was a major league D-Bag (who currently residing in the state pen where I hope he remains until his last breath is drawn). But, both girls turned out incredibly good.

Anyway one Christmas about 20 years ago, the older one shows up at grandma and grandpa's house with her new boyfriend in tow. He is sporting an insane blue mohawk that sticks 2 feet straight up from his otherwise bald scalp. And a variety of piercings, tats and other body mods. Kind of like the guy below.

After everyone is done gawking, I take him aside to have a polite conversation and he seems like a decent enough kid.

When it comes time to open presents (we all go around the room opening one at a time per Grandpa's rule), I feel bad that this kid has no present to open. So I get my brother to dig up an old mesh ball cap and I cut out a strip about 3" wide from the front to the back, put it in a gift bag and slip it into the pile of presents with the name "Spike" on it.

It took him a second to realize what it was but then he jammed that mohawk through the hat and absolutely owned it. We had people almost passing out from laughing so hard.

My niece mentioned this a few years ago and said he kept the hat and that he turned out OK too.
Attached Images

pontiac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #364
TB80
Ten Point

Ttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TB80 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #365
jer_james
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Many yeas ago
My parents house. My brother and I have the exact same guns Sig P220. I had done some trigger work and my brother wanted me to work on his. So we cover the pool table with a sheet and take his gun apart and work on it for about an hour. Mom calls for us to come eat. We all go eat and my brother goes and puts his gun back together except for the washer in the grip. He has a habit of dropping on in the pipe closing the action and then seating the magazine. Well he does this except the magazine does not go in because the washer is not in the gun. We look for the washer for about an hour and then give up. He then asks me if I felt his trigger. I pick it up-aim at a dot on the side of the pool table and sqeeze of the round in the chamber. round goes through the pool table down into the carpet goes under a wall and comes up out of the carpet in another room and striking my Mom in the collar bone and then bounced up and landed on my wife's head burning the hair and her scalp.
Well the bullet was a hydro-shock and my Mom's collar bone is bleeding from the exposed point and we are thinking it may have fractured her collarbone. We load up and goto the hospital to have X-rays and my brother being an EMT calls ahead and explains what happened. Return from hospital only to have HPD crime scene all over the house. My Mom starts making plates for the Detectives that are talking to my bother and I. Get done talking to us and then state they are headed to the hospital to interview the gunshot victim. My Mom pipes up and says that she is right here. Detectives leave and a Parol Officer stays around while Crime Scene gets everything. Patrol Officer stays around for a few hours and sits and eats evening meal with family and we even had him say the prayer for the meal. My Mom fixes him a plate of cookies and pie and fixes him a large glass of milk to take with him. Patrol Officer takes plate but refuses milk saying he didn't want to take her container. About 15 minutes later our doorbell rings and it is the Patrol Officer saying everything is closed and he will be happy with a glass of milk. We all laughed and he came in and played cards and spent another hour or two at the house. He stopped by my parents house every Christmas after that until he retired

So I guess we qualify- I shot my Mom and wife on Christmas.
Close the thread
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #366
Hagen
Eight Point

Just this Thanksgiving night having it at my girlfriends sons' house. One of her daughters brings a new boyfriend. As the weather is pretty decent all the guys are outside have some beers while the women are prepping dinner. Im talking to the new boyfriend, seems like a good kid. We are pounding some beers and swapping hunting stories. We end of at the table after dinner, women are looking for black friday deals and he and i are just drinking. This is his first time at the house. He disappears for about 45 mins. My girlfriends sons starts yelling. Evidently he didn't make it to the bathroom all the way and started throwing up in the hallway(white carpeting). All over shower curtain, sink, bathroom floor. Girlfriends son had him in a headlock taking him outside, i run outside to prevent any fisticuffs, trying to be the peacemaker. New guy was wrong for not fessing up but girlfriends son went over the top. We are having a birthday party in a couple hrs at the same house. Should be interesting.
Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 08:33 AM   #367
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Just this Thanksgiving night having it at my girlfriends sons' house. One of her daughters brings a new boyfriend. As the weather is pretty decent all the guys are outside have some beers while the women are prepping dinner. Im talking to the new boyfriend, seems like a good kid. We are pounding some beers and swapping hunting stories. We end of at the table after dinner, women are looking for black friday deals and he and i are just drinking. This is his first time at the house. He disappears for about 45 mins. My girlfriends sons starts yelling. Evidently he didn't make it to the bathroom all the way and started throwing up in the hallway(white carpeting). All over shower curtain, sink, bathroom floor. Girlfriends son had him in a headlock taking him outside, i run outside to prevent any fisticuffs, trying to be the peacemaker. New guy was wrong for not fessing up but girlfriends son went over the top. We are having a birthday party in a couple hrs at the same house. Should be interesting.

Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 08:53 AM   #368
Gclyde12
Six Point

Hunt In: Junction, Freer

This was a few years ago but man did it have me sitting on the couch 100% entertained with the situation that was playing out right in front of me.

We were all at my MIL's house for Christmas one year and my wife has a pretty wild relative, we will call this person X. Person X is a female.

Person X is married to Person Y and they have a precious little daughter.

Well about a week before this Person X's husband, Mr. person Y suspected his wife was running around on him but had no proof, but did think he knew the guys name.

The night before Chirstmas Mrs. X had to much to drink and while she wasnt paying attention her husband grabbed her phone and changed who he thought she was running around on him withs phone number to his number but left the name the same so that any text she sent that weekend would be strait to his phone instead of the suspected "friend".

Well Christmas morning rolls around and we are all sitting around the tree waiting on everyone to gather except for Mrs. X who is in the bathroom taking Nudes and sending them to who she thought was her friend back home with some pretty explicit wording below them not know they were going strait to Mr. Husband Y who is reading these all out for everyone to see and hear in the living room. BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.
Gclyde12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #369
TxAg
Pope & Young

^^^^ that is hilarious!!
TxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #370
Throwin Darts
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gclyde12 View Post
This was a few years ago but man did it have me sitting on the couch 100% entertained with the situation that was playing out right in front of me.

We were all at my MIL's house for Christmas one year and my wife has a pretty wild relative, we will call this person X. Person X is a female.

Well about a week before this Person X's husband, Mr. person Y suspected his wife was running around on him but had no proof, but did think he knew the guys name.

The night before Chirstmas Mrs. X had to much to drink and while she wasnt paying attention her husband grabbed her phone and changed who he thought she was running around on him withs phone number to his number but left the name the same so that any text she sent that weekend would be strait to his phone instead of the suspected "friend".

Well Christmas morning rolls around and we are all sitting around the tree waiting on everyone to gather except for Mrs. X who is in the bathroom taking Nudes and sending them to who she thought was her friend back home with some pretty explicit wording below them not know they were going strait to Mr. Husband Y who is reading these all out for everyone to see and hear in the living room. BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.

Winner of thread! Ha ha ha.

So was she hot?

Throwin Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #371
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

This was when we gave a Guinee pig to our daughter a few years ago. We put it in her stocking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRxG...ature=youtu.be
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #372
Big Lee
Ten Point

Quote:

To be a fly on the wall during that scenario unfolding....
Old 11-30-2020, 12:35 PM   #373
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a camo banana hammock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lee View Post
To be a fly on the wall during that scenario unfolding....
Or in the bathroom...
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 12:42 PM   #374
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:

So no pics of the Y?
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 12:46 PM   #375
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
Or in the bathroom...
Now that's using your head. LoL.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-30-2020, 12:50 PM   #376
kurt68
Ten Point

Hunt In: Waller Co. and Rocksprings and "H"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
So no pics of the Y?
kurt68 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #377
alien_scones
Eight Point

Hunt In: Baird, Callahan, Howe

Bump for the 2021 Holiday Season

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.
alien_scones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #378
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
So no pics of the Y?
I think you meant X? At least I hope so.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #379
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
I think you meant X? At least I hope so.
Lord I hope thats what QB meant
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #380
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
Lord I hope thats what QB meant
If not, maybe a coming out of sorts!
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2021, 02:34 AM   #381
gatorgar
Pope & Young

Hunt In: everywhere and anywhere you invite me to :)

How have I not seen this? Read it all in one go lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
gatorgar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2021, 03:50 AM   #382
txhunt7
Eight Point

The bomb that spoiled Christmas
As a boy in South Texas our family decided to visit the uncle, aunt, cousins on Christmas day for BBQ and beer in the Alief region. Had cousin X who was always into mischief, great funny guy but took no crap from anyone and beat up anyone who picked on the cousins or his brother, and in Alief there was a lot of opportunity for that.
Anyway on Christmas night cousin X had the grand idea to teach the cousins how to build a bomb and blow up some lumber in the field nearby. Meanwhile the parents enjoyed the visit food and drink at the kitchen table while we huddled in the garage and went to work unraveling firecrackers and a couple 30-06 shells, funneling the powder into a CO2 cartridge. One of our smarter cousins sensed danger and decided he'd go the bedroom and hang out. With several of us huddled in a circle in the garage, the cartridge exploded prematurely while he was packing powder with a nail (genius).
Blew off 2 and a half fingers and the smell of burnt flesh resonated the garage. Parents were naturally freaked out after the bang and cousin X walking in the kitchen and puttin his hand in the kitchen sink bleeding profusely. Ears were ringing so bad seemed like the next morning before the ringing resided.
Our uncle wrapped cousin X's hand in a towel, the uncles and dad took off to the hospital. That all happened fast, party over. The next morning we left and stopped by the hospital to tell him goodbye. Walked in the hospital room and cousin X smiled and he said "told you it would work". Not very dysfunctional but it was disruptive.
txhunt7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2021, 07:14 AM   #383
Russ81
Pope & Young

Lol! Good one to start the season off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #384
Russ81
Pope & Young

Happy turkey day ya filthy animals!!

Old 11-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #385
Big Lee
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
Happy turkey day ya filthy animals!!

I'm looking forward to the drunk uncle, crazy cousin, loud sister in law updates!!
Old 11-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #386
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
I'm looking forward to the drunk uncle, crazy cousin, loud sister in law updates!!

Iím looking forward to being the drunk uncle, and the crazy cousin!

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #387
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Quote:
My family told the drunk uncle he had to be vaccinated to go to Thanksgiving. So here I am about to put a prime rib on for myself
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #388
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
My family told the drunk uncle he had to be vaccinated to go to Thanksgiving. So here I am about to put a prime rib on for myself

You win Thanksgiving, sir!

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #389
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Quote:

Hahahaha! Fantastic.

manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 08:37 PM   #390
OldRiverRat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:

Thatís awesome
Happy thanksgiving sir !! U da man!!

OldRiverRat is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #391
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

This thread is chock full of some serious entertainment! I just spent an hour reading a bunch of these stories. Classic stuff in here!
Mtltx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 11:12 PM   #392
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Crashed my buddies family dinner in Oklahoma tonight. Iím gonna expect some good stories by tomorrow afternoon!!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM   #393
Russ81
Pope & Young

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2QwTm9/

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #394
MadHatter
Pope & Young

1986, grandpa got drunk at Christmas, pulled a gun and started talking ****, my uncle thought he was gonna take it away, took a 357 through the chest, aunts husband took one through the leg, and grandpa got beat up pretty good.
Uncle lived but lost control of his right arm, lot of nerve damage, and about 3 yrs recovery.
Aunts husband had no permanent damage.
No charges filed, nobody went to jail.
The good ole days
MadHatter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM   #395
Big Lee
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
1986, grandpa got drunk at Christmas, pulled a gun and started talking ****, my uncle thought he was gonna take it away, took a 357 through the chest, aunts husband took one through the leg, and grandpa got beat up pretty good.
Uncle lived but lost control of his right arm, lot of nerve damage, and about 3 yrs recovery.
Aunts husband had no permanent damage.
No charges filed, nobody went to jail.
The good ole days
We need more info. This is like watching the previews to a great movie!
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #396
simp76
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gonzales County

Eeweee
simp76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM   #397
MadHatter
Pope & Young

Quote:
We need more info. This is like watching the previews to a great movie!
Not much else to it.
Grandpa was a drunk, and there were many instances over the yrs, nothing like this one though.
MadHatter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #398
JHT
Pope & Young

Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 6.02.12 PM.png
Views: 105
Size:  144.5 KB

I believe this holiday season has the potential for greatness.
If you read my other posts this pic fits right in EH?
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top