Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #151
chrisgunguy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Sebastian View Post
Ok...I'll play

This was back in 1996, my "then-wife" and I were at her Mom and Dad's apartment Christmas Eve night. As things always seemed to go with that particular set of inlaws, there was a little disagreement. I cant even remember what it was, but I recall it was fairly insignificant. To avoid any other words about it, I walked outside to have a smoke and get away from the arguing. After a few minutes, my (now ex) wife walks outside and shes still a little upset from the bickering that was taking place inside. Well, wouldnt you know it, we get in our own little argument outside the apartment, in the parking lot. Her mom sees us arguing, and still pee'd off, she comes up behind me and starts punching me in the back of the head. Now, keep in mind, I at no point saw her come outside. I had no idea who was hitting me. All I knew was I was getting hit, and fairly hard at that. In one fluid motion, I spun around and threw a left cross, blindly, in an attempt to hit "whoever" was punching me. Well, as my luck would have it, I connected. Wound up breaking her jaw, and blinding her in one eye.

Being that it was a woman, the cops couldnt really see my side of it, and I wound doing 16 days in the county lock up, on a class B assault case.

The ex and I actually stayed together another 17 years. I figured that would be the end of us, but it wasnt. The end was finding her in bed with a 17 year old boy, about a week before Christmas, back in 2012. Being that we had a 18 year old son, and this was his best friend at the time, I was disgusted to the point, I decided to just cut my losses, hopped on the Harley with only a change of clothes and my Kimber, and never went back.

That, my friends, is real disfunction...lol

I wonder how many here would have liked to be able to do that to their MIL......

Ive heard some real horror stories. Luckily my in laws are wonderful.
chrisgunguy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #152
JHT
Pope & Young

The first Christmas with the ex's family was a good one.

The ex and her brother had warned me its best to do not talk to their mother unless she talks to you. She had always been friendly to me, I just thought they were over reacting.

It comes apparent later that they are all scared to death of her.

I had met the parents & one of her brothers before but I was the new guy at the party. I get a flat on the way. I get filthy changing the tire. I get a call asking why I was late. I tell them about the flat and that I was on my way. I was too far from home to go change so I went for it.

I get to the house and everybody is out in the front yard waiting for me. I bought the ex a mountain bike for Christmas and bought her parents a 4 pack of wine. About 25-30 people.

I get out of the truck and grab the bike & wine. Her Mom grabs the wine and tosses it in a cabinet in the utility room. I find out later that she's not a big fan of alcohol because of her bi-polar meds. "If I can't have any no else can" mentality. In fairness I hadn't told the ex I was bringing booze or she could have warned me.

I go to the half bath in the utility to wash up. Unfortunately for me someone had layed a steamer so vile it made me gag. As I am washing up everybody came back inside walking through the utility room. The kids are all laughing and the adults are coughing. There was no pinning it on anybody. In front of everybody her Mom says "Go upstairs next time John." I said it wasn't me, nobody fessed up. Oh well.

I enter the kitchen and smell resembled some sort of food like substance. I scan the spread. I was 30 at the time and couldn't even tell what half of it was.

I start getting introduced around and then we sit down to eat. Mom passed out the plates to everyone sitting at the table. Mine had half the stuff I couldn't identify.

Her Dad was a trim carpenter his whole life. His two sons worked for him growing up and one still did.

So for the next hour the conversation is between Dad & brothers talking about all the jobs/$$ they got screwed out of. Sometimes blaming each other. Mom would chime in on the stories about not getting paid on time. Screaming and hollering so loud it was impossible for anyone else to speak. Festivus in full mode.

Dove in to the food. I thought I was safe with turkey, salad and some potato like substance with 100 raisins in it. Nope.

I have eaten Saltines with more moisture than the turkey. Figured I would soak it in gravy and get through it. Take a bite of the salad and nearly spit it back out. The mother makes her own salad dressing. She takes 5-6 onions and tosses them in the blender then pours the juice over the salad. Not very tasty. I dive into the raisin thing and it wasn't too bad.

Few quarts of gravy and I get the bird down.

As I am looking across the table pretty everyone had re-arranged the food on their plate not really eating anything. As I had.

I later find out the kids all eat before they get there and toss the food in the garbage when the hollering starts.

The construction nightmare stories calm down. Then somebody brings up getting screwed buying a new car recently. Another hour of that. That subsides and her mother asks me how is everything. I say its all great. Love the potato raisin combo. Ex's brothers & sister looked me as if I had just stabbed their kids. For years they had been trying to get her to stop making it but with my thumbs up it was here to stay.

Mom then went on a rant about how much effort she put into all the food and no one is eating enough. Then tells everyone she cooked the turkey 5 days ago and wondered if it was too dry. Nobody says a word to her.

One of the Uncles asks me how was the hunting last weekend. We had hammered a ton of does and I start telling them about it. Ex starts muttering to shut it down. An Aunt and a brothers wives were vegetarians. They are looking at me as if I had stabbed their children too.

I tried to get up from the table but the ex said no one leaves the table until coffee is served. I don't drink coffee. Her parents know I don't drink coffee. No big deal. I can sit there. Another hour of everybody complaining about something in their lives. Were finally done.

I pull one of the son in laws aside asking him what just happened there. He laughed. Run or get used to it.

Time to open presents. I am expecting nothing so I just sat there watching the clock. We had a 5 hour drive to my family's bash when this was over. Everybody is sitting in a big circle in the living room. Things are slowing down. Her mother comes and hands me a gift bag kinda smiling saying I had to get you something.

I open it up and it is a can of those toffee chocolate coffee stirrers. I thought it was some sort of family joke. I hold up the can and tell her mother I don't get it, is this a joke? Deadly silence filled the room. I set it down in the bag and didn't say a word the rest of the evening.

Dessert time. The entire family watched Mom knock out an entire bowl of Cool Whip straight from the bowl. I could only laugh at this point.

When we finally left my ex cried for an hour so embarrassed. She had hoped it would be different this time but nope. It never changed.

Some of the gifts myself and the other son in law got later:

Tape, assorted hangars, can of peanuts, checkerboard minus the checkers, nails, zip ties, batteries, coupons, salt & pepper, eye glass repair kit for someone who doesn't wear glasses, gum, a San Diego Chargers towel, (we all live in Texas), key chains, postcards.

Prkchop on TBH has met them. Maybe he will read this. I took their crew up to our family ranch a few times during deer season over the years. We still talk about it today. When I say talk I mean crying our eyes out laughing.

If I wrote a book about them no one would believe it was true.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #153
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

I want to publicly apologize for my comment earlier on this post. It is out of my character to say such things, especially if I don't know the full details.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #154
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

Some amazing stuff here.
Tony Pic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #155
breederbuck33
Ten Point

I crop dusted the in-laws at the Christmas dinner table to see who they would blame it on...
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #156
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgunguy View Post
I wonder how many here would have liked to be able to do that to their MIL......

Ive heard some real horror stories. Luckily my in laws are wonderful.

I'm with you, mine are awesome. I have friends who deal with some headaches.
SoTXAg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #157
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I crop dusted the in-laws at the Christmas dinner table to see who they would blame it on...
Now that's awesome.
BBRU is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #158
Richard
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davoh View Post
Thoughtful question gets thoughtful response. Had he put her in the hospital, he would be in jail. Would I feel the same, absolutely not. Doesn't mean I would give in to the anger and vengeful recompense.

Fortunately, I was there, and I was able to pull his attention off of her, avoiding your thought experiment.

Once she was out if harms way, I put the gun away, and invited him to pursue matters further. He declined. It was a taunt to get him off of her.
I'm not judging because I wasnt there. Pulling a gun on him got his attention pretty quick so people saying you did nothing are wrong. I however would have been on him like stink on ....
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 05:53 PM   #159
BBRU
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
I however would have been on him like stink on ....
Exactly!!! I'll deal with the consequences later!
BBRU is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #160
CEO
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, MO, CO

Come on JHT.....you dropped that steamer

Last edited by CEO; 12-29-2015 at 05:59 PM.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 07:17 PM   #161
Harry_Reed
Banned!!!

Hunt In: West Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Harry_Reed is my new favorite poster.

I lurks for long whil not say I did want to speaks up but I guess it just no like me to say lots of word d ready for 2016. Thanks.
Harry_Reed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #162
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Reed View Post
I lurks for long whil not say I did want to speaks up but I guess it just no like me to say lots of word d ready for 2016. Thanks.
It's all good Harry, Happy new year hand

JHT just moved to the top of the pack me thinks...
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #163
junkmanhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Santo / anywhere invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
It's all good Harry, Happy new year hand

JHT just moved to the top of the pack me thinks...
JHT, needs to get back with her for a christmas dinner and record that show..
junkmanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #164
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
Come on JHT.....you dropped that steamer
May as well have.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #165
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkmanhunter View Post
JHT, needs to get back with her for a christmas dinner and record that show..

My ex and I are pretty civil with each other.

Thanksgiving break this year she asked me if she could come get the girls early on Thanksgiving Day and bring them back after the "party" at her folks house. I asked what time. She said 9:00 am.

I didn't think too much about it. When she picked them up that morning I asked why so early? They were headed to family Thanksgiving breakfast. I asked like an early lunch? Nope. Just breakfast. A new tradition.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go.

When she dropped our girls back off at my house that afternoon they went straight to the fridge grabbing food. I asked ex how it went and she wouldn't tell me since I she knew I was going to laugh my rear off.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:21 PM   #166
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Lol!
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-29-2015, 09:23 PM   #167
RascalArms
Pope & Young

This thread has greatness all in it! JHT, you definitely take the prize so far!
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #168
bowhunterchris
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Karnes, Western DeWitt County Wildlife Management

ttt for the non search function using members
bowhunterchris is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #169
Big 10
Six Point

Hunt In: The woods

Make this into a New Years Eve thread!!
Big 10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #170
Outlaw_6
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LA and "The H"

Wow. We're so boring compared to a lot of you guys.
Outlaw_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #171
quarterback
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Oh my goodness this thread has it all. This is internet gold! I read stuff and laugh (or feel really bad for whoever wrote it) then go away and then think about it and laugh again. Gold I tell ya.
quarterback is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 01:46 PM   #172
JHT
Pope & Young

One year my ex sent me an email chain she and her siblings had going with their parents for the Christmas Eve party plans.

They had devised a plan to not let their mother cook. They wanted to chip in and get to-go BBQ so she could take it easy.

She bit and the entire family was happy. The BBQ joint is 10 minutes from their house. Everyone wins. When we got there everybody would ante up and go get the food.

I will add alcohol is now included into the festivities. The old man would buy a 6 pack of suds. Mom would have a thimble of Bailey's & coffee and act hammered. We would bring our own. Major improvement here.

We get there and go in the house. My ex looks at me says "Oh no."

The food stench was alive. She cooked her favorites again.

Ex was asking her Mom why she did this, we all agreed on BBQ.

"Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. John, I made your favorite again."

I gave her a big hug and said thank you. If my ex wasn't preggo she would have kicked me in the junk.

Their Dad wasn't there. He went to get the BBQ.

Everyone shows up and all her family is giving it to her Mom about cooking. I'm pounding beers as fast I can. So is everybody else.

They start wondering where Dad is. He had been gone for over an hour. His cell phone was on the kitchen counter. Mom started freaking out. Sent one of her sons up to the BBQ place to find him.

They get a call, found him. Were on the way home.

They get home and there is only one bag of food. Not like a bulk order paper sack but one the size of to go at Mc Donalds breakfast.

The Mom starts yelling at Dad for taking so long and other garbage.

Bro in law that went to get him is cracking up. He tells me his Dad was sitting at a table drinking a beer just finishing up a big combo platter. Apparently he reached his breaking point.

The Mom busts into the to go bag. 1 lb of brisket, 2 cups of BBQ sauce. There are over 20 people there.

I can't stop laughing. Here we go again. Over the years I had gravitated to the kids table for the meal. Way more fun.

Ex, sister and Mom are cutting the brisket up so everybody could at least tast it.

Out of no where ex and her sister walk out of the kitchen looking like they saw a ghost. I followed them into the bedroom and they are freaking out.

Mom demanded she would use the family heirloom china for the meal. They couldn't talk her out of it. The mom never let them eat off it when they were growing up.

The kids aged from 4-12. Real clumsy guys. Anyone in the world could see whats coming but the mother.

Kids get in the chow line first. We were expecting our first child so we were safe. Her brother and sister must have said 100 BE CAREFUL to their boys.

First kid (her sisters) picks his plate up and makes it 5 feet from the kids table and screams OHHHCCH drops the plate. The raisin & potato concoction was really hot and burned his fingers. So he dropped it.

The sister almost starts crying apologizing to the Mom. Rather than freaking out the Mom said accidents happen and lets just get it cleaned up. None of the adults could believe it. I was ******. I was waiting for the eruption.

So the adults carried the kids food to the card tables we were eating on. I told them to leave the plates on the table, I will take them to the sink.

There's only one kid left at the table. Youngest sisters boy. I go take a **** and hear another crash. Somehow when he was getting up from the table his foot got hung up and he hit the deck. With the plate in his hand.

I run out to see the mother going ballistic. She sends all the kids out into the backyard then goes on a complete tear on the sister & son in law bagging on their kids. It went on for awhile.

Opened presents later. Two of the sisters boys got soccer balls.

Sister grabs the balls from her boys and says they stay in the box till we get back to Austin.

I was crushed. At the time the house we were at is a nice house in Atascocita.
Small backyard with with three big bay windows to send one through for the trifecta.

Hit Whataburger on the way home & called it a night.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #173
junkmanhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Santo / anywhere invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
My ex and I are pretty civil with each other.

Thanksgiving break this year she asked me if she could come get the girls early on Thanksgiving Day and bring them back after the "party" at her folks house. I asked what time. She said 9:00 am.

I didn't think too much about it. When she picked them up that morning I asked why so early? They were headed to family Thanksgiving breakfast. I asked like an early lunch? Nope. Just breakfast. A new tradition.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go.

When she dropped our girls back off at my house that afternoon they went straight to the fridge grabbing food. I asked ex how it went and she wouldn't tell me since I she knew I was going to laugh my rear off.
Sounds like she has probably had her fill of it too. Just hope your girls see how crazy it is and don't act like that when they grow up
junkmanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-30-2015, 09:18 PM   #174
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas County

Quote:
One year my ex sent me an email chain she and her siblings had going with their parents for the Christmas Eve party plans.

They had devised a plan to not let their mother cook. They wanted to chip in and get to-go BBQ so she could take it easy.

She bit and the entire family was happy. The BBQ joint is 10 minutes from their house. Everyone wins. When we got there everybody would ante up and go get the food.

I will add alcohol is now included into the festivities. The old man would buy a 6 pack of suds. Mom would have a thimble of Bailey's & coffee and act hammered. We would bring our own. Major improvement here.

We get there and go in the house. My ex looks at me says "Oh no."

The food stench was alive. She cooked her favorites again.

Ex was asking her Mom why she did this, we all agreed on BBQ.

"Christmas wouldn't be the same without it. John, I made your favorite again."

I gave her a big hug and said thank you. If my ex wasn't preggo she would have kicked me in the junk.

Their Dad wasn't there. He went to get the BBQ.

Everyone shows up and all her family is giving it to her Mom about cooking. I'm pounding beers as fast I can. So is everybody else.

They start wondering where Dad is. He had been gone for over an hour. His cell phone was on the kitchen counter. Mom started freaking out. Sent one of her sons up to the BBQ place to find him.

They get a call, found him. Were on the way home.

They get home and there is only one bag of food. Not like a bulk order paper sack but one the size of to go at Mc Donalds breakfast.

The Mom starts yelling at Dad for taking so long and other garbage.

Bro in law that went to get him is cracking up. He tells me his Dad was sitting at a table drinking a beer just finishing up a big combo platter. Apparently he reached his breaking point.

The Mom busts into the to go bag. 1 lb of brisket, 2 cups of BBQ sauce. There are over 20 people there.

I can't stop laughing. Here we go again. Over the years I had gravitated to the kids table for the meal. Way more fun.

Ex, sister and Mom are cutting the brisket up so everybody could at least tast it.

Out of no where ex and her sister walk out of the kitchen looking like they saw a ghost. I followed them into the bedroom and they are freaking out.

Mom demanded she would use the family heirloom china for the meal. They couldn't talk her out of it. The mom never let them eat off it when they were growing up.

The kids aged from 4-12. Real clumsy guys. Anyone in the world could see whats coming but the mother.

Kids get in the chow line first. We were expecting our first child so we were safe. Her brother and sister must have said 100 BE CAREFUL to their boys.

First kid (her sisters) picks his plate up and makes it 5 feet from the kids table and screams OHHHCCH drops the plate. The raisin & potato concoction was really hot and burned his fingers. So he dropped it.

The sister almost starts crying apologizing to the Mom. Rather than freaking out the Mom said accidents happen and lets just get it cleaned up. None of the adults could believe it. I was ******. I was waiting for the eruption.

So the adults carried the kids food to the card tables we were eating on. I told them to leave the plates on the table, I will take them to the sink.

There's only one kid left at the table. Youngest sisters boy. I go take a **** and hear another crash. Somehow when he was getting up from the table his foot got hung up and he hit the deck. With the plate in his hand.

I run out to see the mother going ballistic. She sends all the kids out into the backyard then goes on a complete tear on the sister & son in law bagging on their kids. It went on for awhile.

Opened presents later. Two of the sisters boys got soccer balls.

Sister grabs the balls from her boys and says they stay in the box till we get back to Austin.

I was crushed. At the time the house we were at is a nice house in Atascocita.
Small backyard with with three big bay windows to send one through for the trifecta.

Hit Whataburger on the way home & called it a night.
JHT, please keep writing these family experiences down because this is great stuff
low_tec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #175
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_tec View Post
JHT, please keep writing these family experiences down because this is great stuff

Its not just the holidays with that gang.

Weddings/anniversaries/birthday parties were were filled with the same classic memories.

Anytime there was more of five of them together something was bound to happen.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:23 PM   #176
Roland2014
Six Point

Quote:
Its not just the holidays with that gang.

Weddings/anniversaries/birthday parties were were filled with the same classic memories.

Anytime there was more of five of them together something was bound to happen.
I hope you or others don't find this question offensive, but what is there ethnicity?
Roland2014 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2015, 04:05 PM   #177
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland2014 View Post
I hope you or others don't find this question offensive, but what is there ethnicity?

Mostly Polish.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #178
Davoh
Ten Point

Hunt In: In my imagination...

Quote:
Mostly Polish.
I know a polish guy... Sounds pretty typical of his family too...
Davoh is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-31-2015, 09:06 PM   #179
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:

The ex and her brother had warned me its best to do not talk to their mother unless she talks to you. She had always been friendly to me, I just thought they were over reacting.

I had met the parents & one of her brothers before but I was the new guy at the party. I get a flat on the way. I get filthy changing the tire. I get a call asking why I was late. I tell them about the flat and that I was on my way. I was too far from home to go change so I went for it.

I get to the house and everybody is out in the front yard waiting for me. I bought the ex a mountain bike for Christmas and bought her parents a 4 pack of wine. About 25-30 people.

I get out of the truck and grab the bike & wine. Her Mom grabs the wine and tosses it in a cabinet in the utility room. I find out later that she's not a big fan of alcohol because of her bi-polar meds. "If I can't have any no else can" mentality. In fairness I hadn't told the ex I was bringing booze or she could have warned me.

I go to the half bath in the utility to wash up. Unfortunately for me someone had layed a steamer so vile it made me gag. As I am washing up everybody came back inside walking through the utility room. The kids are all laughing and the adults are coughing. There was no pinning it on anybody. In front of everybody her Mom says "Go upstairs next time John." I said it wasn't me, nobody fessed up. Oh well.

I enter the kitchen and smell resembled some sort of food like substance. I scan the spread. I was 30 at the time and couldn't even tell what half of it was.

I start getting introduced around and then we sit down to eat. Mom passed out the plates to everyone sitting at the table. Mine had half the stuff I couldn't identify.

Her Dad was a trim carpenter his whole life. His two sons worked for him growing up and one still did.

So for the next hour the conversation is between Dad & brothers talking about all the jobs/$$ they got screwed out of. Sometimes blaming each other. Mom would chime in on the stories about not getting paid on time. Screaming and hollering so loud it was impossible for anyone else to speak. Festivus in full mode.

Dove in to the food. I thought I was safe with turkey, salad and some potato like substance with 100 raisins in it. Nope.

I have eaten Saltines with more moisture than the turkey. Figured I would soak it in gravy and get through it. Take a bite of the salad and nearly spit it back out. The mother makes her own salad dressing. She takes 5-6 onions and tosses them in the blender then pours the juice over the salad. Not very tasty. I dive into the raisin thing and it wasn't too bad.

As I am looking across the table pretty everyone had re-arranged the food on their plate not really eating anything. As I had.

I later find out the kids all eat before they get there and toss the food in the garbage when the hollering starts.

The construction nightmare stories calm down. Then somebody brings up getting screwed buying a new car recently. Another hour of that. That subsides and her mother asks me how is everything. I say its all great. Love the potato raisin combo. Ex's brothers & sister looked me as if I had just stabbed their kids. For years they had been trying to get her to stop making it but with my thumbs up it was here to stay.

Mom then went on a rant about how much effort she put into all the food and no one is eating enough. Then tells everyone she cooked the turkey 5 days ago and wondered if it was too dry. Nobody says a word to her.

One of the Uncles asks me how was the hunting last weekend. We had hammered a ton of does and I start telling them about it. Ex starts muttering to shut it down. An Aunt and a brothers wives were vegetarians. They are looking at me as if I had stabbed their children too.

I tried to get up from the table but the ex said no one leaves the table until coffee is served. I don't drink coffee. Her parents know I don't drink coffee. No big deal. I can sit there. Another hour of everybody complaining about something in their lives. Were finally done.

I pull one of the son in laws aside asking him what just happened there. He laughed. Run or get used to it.

Time to open presents. I am expecting nothing so I just sat there watching the clock. We had a 5 hour drive to my family's bash when this was over. Everybody is sitting in a big circle in the living room. Things are slowing down. Her mother comes and hands me a gift bag kinda smiling saying I had to get you something.

I open it up and it is a can of those toffee chocolate coffee stirrers. I thought it was some sort of family joke. I hold up the can and tell her mother I don't get it, is this a joke? Deadly silence filled the room. I set it down in the bag and didn't say a word the rest of the evening.

Dessert time. The entire family watched Mom knock out an entire bowl of Cool Whip straight from the bowl. I could only laugh at this point.

When we finally left my ex cried for an hour so embarrassed. She had hoped it would be different this time but nope. It never changed.

Tape, assorted hangars, can of peanuts, checkerboard minus the checkers, nails, zip ties, batteries, coupons, salt & pepper, eye glass repair kit for someone who doesn't wear glasses, gum, a San Diego Chargers towel, (we all live in Texas), key chains, postcards.

Prkchop on TBH has met them. Maybe he will read this. I took their crew up to our family ranch a few times during deer season over the years. We still talk about it today. When I say talk I mean crying our eyes out laughing.

I felt extremely uncomfortable the entire time reading that...

Man I thought my family was weird..
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 12:06 AM   #180
DaveC
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County

Great stories here.

I can only add that my birthday is the 23rd of December, so growing up my parents would use that as an excuse to throw a birthday/Christmas party that would turn into a bender for them & all of their friends.

I scored more gifts, and got to see wild stuff as a youngster.

When the parents got lit we would sneak beers to the bedroom and drink them in the closet. Eating the pot seeds culled during the roll up was on the list of fun things to do as well.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 12:36 AM   #181
SwampRanger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Batson

[QUOTE=glen;10910779]Many yeas ago
My parents house. My brother and I have the exact same guns Sig P220. I had done some trigger work and my brother wanted me to work on his. So we cover the pool table with a sheet and take his gun apart and work on it for about an hour. Mom calls for us to come eat. We all go eat and my brother goes and puts his gun back together except for the washer in the grip. He has a habit of dropping on in the pipe closing the action and then seating the magazine. Well he does this except the magazine does not go in because the washer is not in the gun. We look for the washer for about an hour and then give up. He then asks me if I felt his trigger. I pick it up-aim at a dot on the side of the pool table and sqeeze of the round in the chamber. round goes through the pool table down into the carpet goes under a wall and comes up out of the carpet in another room and striking my Mom in the collar bone and then bounced up and landed on my wife's head burning the hair and her scalp.
Well the bullet was a hydro-shock and my Mom's collar bone is bleeding from the exposed point and we are thinking it may have fractured her collarbone. We load up and goto the hospital to have X-rays and my brother being an EMT calls ahead and explains what happened. Return from hospital only to have HPD crime scene all over the house. My Mom starts making plates for the Detectives that are talking to my bother and I. Get done talking to us and then state they are headed to the hospital to interview the gunshot victim. My Mom pipes up and says that she is right here. Detectives leave and a Parol Officer stays around while Crime Scene gets everything. Patrol Officer stays around for a few hours and sits and eats evening meal with family and we even had him say the prayer for the meal. My Mom fixes him a plate of cookies and pie and fixes him a large glass of milk to take with him. Patrol Officer takes plate but refuses milk saying he didn't want to take her container. About 15 minutes later our doorbell rings and it is the Patrol Officer saying everything is closed and he will be happy with a glass of milk. We all laughed and he came in and played cards and spent another hour or two at the house. He stopped by my parents house every Christmas after that until he
So I guess we qualify- I shot my Mom and wife on Christmas.[/QUOTE

You my friend are the winner ......😫🤕
SwampRanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 01:47 AM   #182
Saltej_77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards co., Bell co., Coryell co., Lampassas co., any anywhere else i can.

This thread has completely brightened this cold Afghan morning!! Holy smokes, I am dying! I feel as if I need to find more dysfunction. Typically I am the one most our funny family stories are told about and even then its all just funny drunk times, in a family of "boring". No fights, no cops, no nothing. I need to party with some of yall.
Saltej_77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #183
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
At the time the house we were at is a nice house in Atascocita.
Oh dang. These people live too close. But I know where to go for raisin potato concoction

Last edited by Chew; 01-01-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #184
Bowhuntingobsession
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comal & Bee Co.

JHT I'm trying to hunt and your cracking me up. Try to keep it down a little. But keep em coming!
Bowhuntingobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-01-2016, 05:26 PM   #185
TxBobcat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brazoria, Kimble counties

Quote:

You win. I'm crying from laughing so hard.
TxBobcat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2016, 02:32 AM   #186
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Oh dang. These people live too close. But I know where to go for raisin potato concoction

You got a good tracking dog right?

Find a Porta Potty that's percolating in the summer. Set it on fire.

Dump a few drag strips in the mess.

Train the dog for the track. Next 11/27/16 take your dog over US 59 west on 1960 and let it loose.

Enjoy.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #187
lotsofshots
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise County

Just had a revelation ... JHT is the GarGuy of Christmas stories!
lotsofshots is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2016, 03:19 PM   #188
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsofshots View Post
Just had a revelation ... JHT is the GarGuy of Christmas stories!
Lol! Thats a heck of a compliment to me! JHT has me beat bad. I have a mental image of the entire event.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #189
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

My god!!! My girlfriend and I just read a couple of these stories in the blind.All of em were great,but the one about the tape,nails,post cards,etc..Had us in stitches!!! That's the funniest christmas story I've ever heard!!lol
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #190
JHT
Pope & Young

I was telling an old bud about this thread.

He said even though it wasn't a Christmas story you have to tell them the wedding story. This one validated the stories I had told friends & family about this crew. No doubters now.

One thing you have to know about this crew is they are the biggest tightwads you have ever met. That is an entire different thread.

We got married in Del Lago in Conroe. Go up Friday afternoon. Event planner had everything already setup. Ex is ecstatic. Planner says lets go have a drink. i say I have to run up the room real quick, I will meet y'all there.

I find out what room her parent's are staying in. I have a talk with them. I told them how much we spent. (not a dime from them) I told them how much time their daughter has spent working on this. I told them she had tears of joy running down her face when she saw the reception setup.

I said the only thing that could ruin this would be any un-needed stress. The Mother got offended. The Dad understood where I was coming from. He's a good guy and we always got along.

You have to understand they don't see any dysfunction in their family. They think its normal. My ex is the only one who saw things differently.

She finally got the point. I asked them to have this exact same discussion with their family. They agreed and I left.

I didn't tell ex because she would have thought it would have an adverse effect and made things worse.

The rehearsal dinner was pretty much over. I was coming back into the room and I could see my gang/family pointing and laughing. I turn the corner and started laughing too. A group of them had gone down to the restaurant and got about 20 to go boxes and were boxing up everything leftover from the Mexican buffet we had for dinner. Everything. Ex was already gone. No way they could cram it into the mini fridges in the room.

Not one issue/scene/fight at the wedding and the reception. I can only assume all the free food and booze had them in some state of euphoria that disabled their dysfunction gene.

We eat breakfast and head to the airport for Playa Del Carmen for the week.

Ex is sitting there staring out the window chilling. I asked her whats up.

She said that was the first time in her life her family got along for 48 hours without a bomb going off. I don't see how it happened. I honestly couldn't believe it either.

When I get home and check my email I knew something happened. One did go off. I call a buddy and he started cracking up when he saw it was me. He fills me in. He is the biggest fan of these stories.

The resort breakfast buffet was a good one. Not a big place. Maybe 30 or so tables. $25 adults, $20 kids. Huge sign at the front door. It had everything. Mostly filled with my family and friends. Everybody is having a good time and then they start pushing tables for a big group. Yep her crew and some kickers. Everyone says hi blah blah.

Before they sit down the Dad says dig in. I am buying today. They hammer the buffet. Everybody's ordering espressos/fancy coffee drinks. Kids are all having milkshakes. He said it was completely obvious they all were sticking it to the old man since he said he was buying. Everyone knows that stuffs not included.

None of my friends & family left. They wanted to see the check hit the table.

He said the place was packed at this point.

Check hits. Mom takes a look at it. She lets out a scream so loud everybody in the place froze. Followed by a just as loud "680.00 dollars? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

First to get assaulted was the Manager by the group. They ganged up on him complaining about the $10 coffee drinks saying if its a buffet they should be included. Complained about the gratuity being included. Basically all the cheapskate scams trying to get the bill lowered. Manager didn't budge and walked off.

Then they turned on each other. No one was willing to chip in. They all said they were broke cause the rooms were so expensive. None of them would even consider splitting the bill. This goes on and on. They are slinging the check folder back and forth the table screaming "You Pay"

He said they basically shut the buffet line down cause people were too scared to go by the table they are screaming so loud.

Finally the Dad grabs the check and tells them all to leave. They bolt for the door. He pays and leaves. Once the door closes those in the know are on the floor crying their eyes out. The other guests are still sitting there in disbelief not understanding what they just saw.

I was just happy some others got to see it live to see I can't make this stuff up.

Bud was saying ex is going to lose it when she finds out.

Its hard to fathom that its just another family gathering. It never came up again.

Last edited by JHT; 01-02-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:41 PM   #191
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:

He said even though it wasn't a Christmas story you have to tell them the wedding story. This one validated the stories I had told friends & family about this crew. No doubters now.

One thing you have to know about this crew is they are the biggest tightwads you have ever met. That is an entire different thread.

We got married in Del Lago in Conroe. Go up Friday afternoon. Event planner had everything already setup. Ex is ecstatic. Planner says lets go have a drink. i say I have to run up the room real quick, I will meet y'all there.

I find out what room her parent's are staying in. I have a talk with them. I told them how much we spent. (not a dime from them) I told them how much time their daughter has spent working on this. I told them she had tears of joy running down her face when she saw the reception setup.

I said the only thing that could ruin this would be any un-needed stress. The Mother got offended. The Dad understood where I was coming from. He's a good guy and we always got along.

You have to understand they don't see any dysfunction in their family. They think its normal. My ex is the only one who saw things differently.

She finally got the point. I asked them to have this exact same discussion with their family. They agreed and I left.

I didn't tell ex because she would have thought it would have an adverse effect and made things worse.

The rehearsal dinner was pretty much over. I was coming back into the room and I could see my gang/family pointing and laughing. I turn the corner and started laughing too. A group of them had gone down to the restaurant and got about 20 to go boxes and were boxing up everything leftover from the Mexican buffet we had for dinner. Everything. Ex was already gone. No way they could cram it into the mini fridges in the room.

Not one issue/scene/fight at the wedding and the reception. I can only assume all the free food and booze had them in some state of euphoria that disabled their dysfunction gene.

She said that was the first time in her life her family got along for 48 hours without a bomb going off. I don't see how it happened. I honestly couldn't believe it either.

When I get home and check my email I knew something happened. One did go off. I call a buddy and he started cracking up when he saw it was me. He fills me in. He is the biggest fan of these stories.

The resort breakfast buffet was a good one. Not a big place. Maybe 30 or so tables. $25 adults, $20 kids. Huge sign at the front door. It had everything. Mostly filled with my family and friends. Everybody is having a good time and then they start pushing tables for a big group. Yep her crew and some kickers. Everyone says hi blah blah.

Before they sit down the Dad says dig in. I am buying today. They hammer the buffet. Everybody's ordering espressos/fancy coffee drinks. Kids are all having milkshakes. He said it was completely obvious they all were sticking it to the old man since he said he was buying. Everyone knows that stuffs not included.

Check hits. Mom takes a look at it. She lets out a scream so loud everybody in the place froze. Followed by a just as loud "680.00 dollars? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

First to get assaulted was the Manager by the group. They ganged up on him complaining about the $10 coffee drinks saying if its a buffet they should be included. Complained about the gratuity being included. Basically all the cheapskate scams trying to get the bill lowered. Manager didn't budge and walked off.

Then they turned on each other. No one was willing to chip in. They all said they were broke cause the rooms were so expensive. None of them would even consider splitting the bill. This goes on and on. They are slinging the check folder back and forth the table screaming "You Pay"

He said they basically shut the buffet line down cause people were too scared to go by the table they are screaming so loud.

Finally the Dad grabs the check and tells them all to leave. They bolt for the door. He pays and leaves. Once the door closes those in the know are on the floor crying their eyes out. The other guests are still sitting there in disbelief not understanding what they just saw.

I was just happy some others got to see it live to see I can't make this stuff up.

Its hard to fathom that its just another family gathering. It never came up again.

Good thing you got out of that family.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #192
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: IA + MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
Good thing you got out of that family.
Yes, but he has stories for the rest of his life.
IowaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 12:17 AM   #193
BigL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Bump to see if anyone can add anything this year
BigL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 08:59 AM   #194
Statton48
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas and Comanche

Shoved my cousins head through a wall and tore down a door....all at the same time. Merry Christmas
Statton48 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #195
Leonhogboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coryell Co, Lee Co, Idaho, & Anywhere invited

Funny thread, what happened to Harry_Reed?
Leonhogboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #196
prkchp
Pope & Young

<br />
Prkchop on TBH has met them. Maybe he will read this. I took their crew up to our family ranch a few times during deer season over the years. We still talk about it today. When I say talk I mean crying our eyes out laughing. <br />
<br />

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I shed a tear every time I pull into the ranch, just because I know there will be no more trips with your ex in laws around. Lmao

If you guys think these stories are great...the ones that he can't tell would absolutely blow your socks off!!!!

Let JHT get a few bud lights down and maybe he will take you along on some of the weekends at the ranch when these guys were around!
prkchp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 10:20 AM   #197
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

Fun read....
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 11:45 AM   #198
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Quote:

How much would we here at TBH have to pay you to go to the Ex inlaws Christmas today/tomorrow and you report back your findings afterwards?
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #199
TnTexas
Six Point

A positive note I would like to share.
My son and I have been estranged for the better part of his adult life. Off and on smooth times but not much.
For the last year he has been making contact and I have returned these gestures.
Today him and his family (2 grandkids) are coming for a Christmas dinner. I am very thankful for the turnaround as is my wife. I hate the lost time in the past but plan to take advantage of what God has put in our hearts.
TnTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #200
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Well yesterday was thanksgiving so I’m sure some of you can add some stories!!
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top