Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #1
Bro. Bill
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country
Smile To Be Content

Be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5 —
As a teenager, I enjoyed going to a neighborhood grocery store. There my friends and I would get a roll of bread and a few slices of cheese for a snack. An elderly lady who worked at the store would always say some kind and encouraging words to us, as she carefully sliced our cheese.
A few short years later the USSR was collapsing. Because of major economic disruptions, all cheese disappeared from the grocery shelves. Most other food items became scarce too. The store was still open, but it sold only bread. My memories of a kind lady who sliced cheese for us seemed almost unreal, but they still warmed my heart in those difficult times.
The Bible calls us to be thankful for and content with everything we have. Our family, health, meals we can share with loved ones, and of course life itself— all are precious gifts from the Lord. But discontent, greed, or fears don’t allow us to fully appreciate and treasure the precious gifts of life.
We don’t know what the future holds. We might have to go through difficult times of having “no cheese on the shelves”—or worse. But as the children of God we are assured of his continuous love and care. The Lord himself is our helper in this perilous life.
Prayer
Father in heaven, thank you for being our reliable helper and protector. Give us a heart of contentment and thanksgiving! Through Jesus, your Son, Amen.

Sergei Sosedkin
Happy Thanksgiving TBH
Bro. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
Gumbo Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Onalaska Texas

Great message Bro Bill. Amen and Happy Thanksgiving.
Gumbo Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
Mitchell8
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Anywhere

Amen happy thanksgiving
Mitchell8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
Hotrodd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

Thank you for posting Bro. Bill. Happy Thanksgiving!
Hotrodd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
Ron
Pope & Young

Hunt In: USA, Concho County and S.E.Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Bill View Post
Be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
As a teenager, I enjoyed going to a neighborhood grocery store. There my friends and I would get a roll of bread and a few slices of cheese for a snack. An elderly lady who worked at the store would always say some kind and encouraging words to us, as she carefully sliced our cheese.
A few short years later the USSR was collapsing. Because of major economic disruptions, all cheese disappeared from the grocery shelves. Most other food items became scarce too. The store was still open, but it sold only bread. My memories of a kind lady who sliced cheese for us seemed almost unreal, but they still warmed my heart in those difficult times.
The Bible calls us to be thankful for and content with everything we have. Our family, health, meals we can share with loved ones, and of course life itself— all are precious gifts from the Lord. But discontent, greed, or fears don’t allow us to fully appreciate and treasure the precious gifts of life.
We don’t know what the future holds. We might have to go through difficult times of having “no cheese on the shelves”—or worse. But as the children of God we are assured of his continuous love and care. The Lord himself is our helper in this perilous life.
Prayer
Father in heaven, thank you for being our reliable helper and protector. Give us a heart of contentment and thanksgiving! Through Jesus, your Son, Amen.

Sergei Sosedkin
Happy Thanksgiving TBH

Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #6
Oldblue
Eight Point

Amen. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. May your day be blessed and your travels are safe.
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #7
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

AMEN! Great Thanks Giving Day message!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2021, 11:10 PM   #8
Mtltx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hill country

Thanks Bro. Bill. Great reminder.
Mtltx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM   #9
fbchunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Thompsons

Amen
fbchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #10
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Bill View Post
Prayer

Sergei Sosedkin
Happy Thanksgiving TBH
Truer words were never spoken !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM   #11
dbpredator
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lamar county

Amen! Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
dbpredator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #12