West Texas Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Texas Blues

Wanting to do a west Texas blue quail hunt this winter. Who should I hunt with? Not looking for an over the top outfitter/lodge with 5 star this and 5 star that. Just a good hard working guide with good dogs and can put us on some birds.

wow, surprised no responses.

Comment

well i got a hunt lined up in february. i'll post up a report afterwards.

Comment

I am also looking for the same thing. Surprised no responses. Sent you a PM.

Comment

No birds. Bobs or blues. Just not there.

Comment

Originally posted by HubCityThumper View Post
            No birds. Bobs or blues. Just not there.
            Yup. Last year birds were everywhere. Rough spring/summer this year for the birds. Hope for a bounce back but may be thin for a couple years.

Comment

We don’t have the numbers like we’ve had in the previous 2 years. The coveys that are here are protected by the ridiculously tall grass thanks to the late rains. I’m not complaining, it’s just an observation. To the OP, who did you end up going with?

Comment

Good luck. Quail numbers are dismal in west Texas and SE New Mexico.

Comment

I haven't heard any good reports from West Texas, there are Bob's south but the ranches we hunt have a plethora of tall grass due to the heavy fall rains that are making it pretty sporty. Bought chukars to work our new pup Saturday, she does not care if they grew up in a cage she wants to kill em all
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X