ford dealership nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ford dealership nightmare

Ok, so a friend of mine just told me a story yesterday of someone they personally know and just had the worse experience at Grand Prairie Ford.

he said ... she ordered a new bronco with all the customization she wanted... put her deposit down ... and waited ... $39k loaded the way she wants.

then she got a call that it is in! Joy!

so she goes to the dealership and people are test driving it! whaaaaat???

she is mad at this point ... but it gets worse ..

they tell her until she signs the dotted line it's not her truck ...

so she said lets do the paperwork!

they respond... wait for it ... $60k!!!!! Whhaaaaaat ?????

apparently this vehicle is in high demand and people are willing to pay their "overage" they are doing now , so she pretty much got told to pay this ridiculous price or go pound sand!

thoughts ???

when i went looking at grapevine ford they told me they do $10k overage on f150 xlt and lariat , more on platinum... but they said if i ordered one, they would not charge overages ...

i guess GP Ford decided that still leaves $ on the table and decided to screw people over regardless..

strange times we live in!

I tried to own 2 Fords and between corporate and the dealership I will walk before I ever buy another Ford!

Comment

That's a BS way to do business for sure

Comment

Everything is crazy, neighbors wife is trying to buy an explorer and having a tough time finding what she wants

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
          Ok, so a friend of mine just told me a story yesterday of someone they personally know and just had the worse experience at Grand Prairie Ford.

he said ... she ordered a new bronco with all the customization she wanted... put her deposit down ... and waited ... $39k loaded the way she wants.

apparently this vehicle is in high demand and people are willing to pay their "overage" they are doing now , so she pretty much got told to pay this ridiculous price or go pound sand!

thoughts ???

when i went looking at grapevine ford they told me they do $10k overage on f150 xlt and lariat , more on platinum... but they said if i ordered one, they would not charge overages ...

i guess GP Ford decided that still leaves $ on the table and decided to screw people over regardless..

Seems like she would have a contract in writing if she ordered it and put a down payment on it?

Comment

We must know the same person. I already heard this exact story.

Comment

So what are they doing with her deposit?

Comment

I know some shady stuff is happening with vehicle purchases, but that seems over the top.

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                So what are they doing with her deposit?
                This would be my question. I'd tell them to give me cash out of the drawer if they want to hold the vehicle I ordered for ransom.

Comment

People are buying the Broncos and then reselling them for nice profits.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Seems like she would have a contract in writing if she ordered it and put a down payment on it?
                    I ordered my F-350 with just a $500 down payment. The “contract” I signed just stated that I had first shot at it, and the deposit was refundable if either the dealership or I backed out. The price wasn’t set, but they gave me a more than fair deal when it came in. When it came in I was ready to walk if they were going to try and screw me. They didn’t thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post

thoughts ???

Ford would love to hear about that. That means that they took a custom order and made it retail instead. They are cracking down on that. It's BS either way. Happened to me on an RV 2-3 yrs ago.

Comment

i love my ford foxbody mustangs, but ****ed if ford will ever see a penny of my money on one of the newer products... yall can have them fancy pickemups ill stick to my jap ride

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          I ordered my F-350 with just a $500 down payment. The “contract” I signed just stated that I had first shot at it, and the deposit was refundable if either the dealership or I backed out. The price wasn’t set, but they gave me a more than fair deal when it came in. When it came in I was ready to walk if they were going to try and screw me. They didn’t thankfully.
                          I have a 2022 F350 on order. I have in writing that I will receive X plan pricing and already have that x plan price on the paper work from the dealer. Now when it comes in who's to say they don't tell me to pay some crazy price or go pound sand. Which at that point what are you to do? Go hire an attorney? Yea right. I will just walk away if it comes to that, but you can bet your rearend I will be on every social media platform out there letting everyone know what happens.
                          Last edited by ColinR; 07-28-2021, 08:27 AM.

Comment

This happened to a buddy of mine who ordered a Ram 1500. Argued back and forth for nearly a month about price before they met him in the middle on a truck he had to wait nearly 3 months to come in. [emoji52]

I blame the manufacturers though. They are so **** greedy. They really should be evaluating these dealerships and making sure their customer service and sales practices are good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe a few calls to this Grand Prairie dealership from multiple people. Would be nice to know the salesman name or a rep she used?

Comment

Working...
                              X