Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Machinist/Machine shop in Austin or certral TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Machinist/Machine shop in Austin or certral TX?

I need some work done on a very custom solid metal drive shaft. Lathe work, vertical splines, etc. and balancing. Can anyone recommend a shop? This is precision stuff, so no shade tree recs please.

Overall dimensions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The best are in N. Texas.

Comment

Northwest Drivetrain. Houston

Comment

thanks for the recs guys! its a smaller shaft less than 2" diameter, and less than 3' long

Comment

I am down south, just wanting to add a little. Without knowing the details that should be a fairly easy project basically for any machine shop. Just talk to the owner or shop foreman letting them know exactly what you want and your expectations. In my first career, I was a machinist for 23 years. Started off in an industrial facility with a department of labor approved apprentice program. Just saying..........cC

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
              I am down south, just wanting to add a little. Without knowing the details that should be a fairly easy project basically for any machine shop. Just talk to the owner or shop foreman letting them know exactly what you want and your expectations. In my first career, I was a machinist for 23 years. Started off in an industrial facility with a department of labor approved apprentice program. Just saying..........cC
              Rookie. Just sayin...………….

Comment

Look up Joe Pieczynski at Advanced Innovations in Austin. Watching some of the stuff he does on his Youtube channel, I bet he can do anything you're wanting.

Comment

Call Sean @ Metro Sprocket & gear in Midlothian, TX

Comment

There is a couple in Bryan - College Station.

https://www.vilasmotorworks.net/ (These guys did some fine part machining for me on an old, old archery release. Most of the team are older fellers who really take a lot of pride in what they do.)

http://accmachtech.com/ (I this listed but have not delt with them.)

Comment

Great recs guys - Thank you! Gonna check out a few of them, but please keep em coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X