Nov 8th rut update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov 8th rut update

I am seeing chasing but I still have bucks running together... What are y'all seeing?

Where are you?

Last week young bucks were sniffing and chasing in Kendall County. And mature bucks are starting to show their face a little.

In Bandera County not seeing any rut activity yet.
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-08-2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

In colorado county last weekend I saw every buck by himself searching for does.....seen a few on camera tied up with does just waiting for the right time when she says yes

3 weekends ago I saw 4 bucks chasing 1 hot doe....including leading the way was a 4.5year old 10 pointer

Comment

I'm in Comal Co. the buck I shot a couple weekends ago was smelly but it seems weird that my other ranch, the bucks are still together. These places are only 10 miles apart at the most

Comment

Here n lampasas co. Lots chasing going on. This morning in just before the rain hit. I watch a 3 bucks chase one poor doe. With her mouth wide open she gave in to the dominate 8pt. Sure is fun to watch all the activity.

Comment

I'm in Blanco Co and people have seen buck chasin Does, but we havent...Still have bachelor groups together.

Comment

They have not started rutting at my place in Burleson County. Have 5 bucks eating hand corn for an hour on Saturday. No does.

Comment

Saw a little chasing Sunday in Shackleford County.

Comment

This cool front might kick it into full swing...?

Comment

Originally posted by txbonecollector View Post
                    This cool front might kick it into full swing...?
                    Cold weather doesnt effect the rut, just seems to get the deer moving more.

I saw alot of bucks locked down with does on camera during the cold frotn last Thurs/Fri

Comment

Young bucks chasing in stephens/ throckmorton counties. Bruiser are still holding out.

Comment

Concho County
                        Young bucks chasing, older bucks still grouped together. This was my observation from last weekend.

Comment

Anybody hunt in Johnson County or surrounding areas seeing any chasing?

Comment

NW Throckmorton County. I haven't seen any chasing as of yet but they are starting to respond to the horns some and yet I have also seen the younger bucks still together.

Comment

Last Sunday in Mills County I had a group of 6 bucks come through at first light. Two of them were mature and still running together (although they were sparring and messing with each other). Later that morning a group of three mature does came through with a mature buck following. Not chasing but tagging along. Seems like the rut is a little late this year on our place.

Comment

Working...
                              X