School me on diesel trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I used to do the same thing with the 38 gallon tank in my long bed.......... until it ran out with 15 miles to empty once. Typically if I filled it up with 10 miles to empty I would get about 36 gallons into it but I dont push my luck anymore.
    Ouch, did you burn up the fuel pump? I only let it get that low one time, and it was before I knew about the fuel pump issues. Ever since then, I never let it go below 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Its one of the factors that made me decide to get a long bed. How much did it run you to swap it out if you dont mind me asking? I believe the tanks are around 1k but I dont know what install labor is.
      1250 I think out the door. I would have done it myself but was headed to Florida at the end of the week and in a rush. I would do it again tomorrow. I ended up with the S&B 56 gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Ouch, did you burn up the fuel pump? I only let it get that low one time, and it was before I knew about the fuel pump issues. Ever since then, I never let it go below 1/4.
        I was lucky and it did not burn up the pump. I use Hotshot Secrets EDT in every tank so I am thinking there was still some lubricity even though fuel wasnt running through it.

Comment

Working...
        X