Who is familiar with…….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is familiar with…….

……the Ford 6.2 liter gasser in an F250. Interested in pulling power, gas mileage, etc. Anything you can tell me actually, good or bad. The heaviest thing I’ll ever pull will most likely be an M6040 Kubota on a 3,000 lb. bumper pull trailer. Got my eye on a 2019 F250. Thanks !

Several on here have them. I think Chew has one.

Comment

I have one in my 2018 f250. I love mine, don't really have compliant. Gas mileage isn't all that great I think I'm averaging 11-13mpg, so about the same as my old f150. As far as pulling power it has been great. I have hauled my tractor on a decent bumper pull trailer several times and it acts like it isn't even there, same with the boat. The other day I hauled probably my biggest load so far, a big skid steer that was possibly a little big for my trailer and the truck preformed great. Plenty of power to leave the same as regular traffic from traffic lights and plenty of stopping power to stop and slow down as needed.

Comment

My wife’s uncle has a 17 350 single wheel with the 6.2 in it. He pulls his 5th wheel all over with it and says it pulls great. Unloaded he gets around 13mpg

Comment

Just traded in a few weeks ago my 2019 with 6.2 for a 2021 with 7.3. Loved everything about in but the gas mileage- got about 12.2 I was offered too much in trade in to turn down and am paying less per month than I did for the 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
            Just traded in a few weeks ago my 2019 with 6.2 for a 2021 with 7.3. Loved everything about in but the gas mileage- got about 12.2 I was offered too much in trade in to turn down and am paying less per month than I did for the 2019.

What are your thoughts on the new 7.3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I swear I don’t see why Ford discontinued the V-10 in F250s. I got better than 12 mpg in every one I ever owned, and that was 6 or 7 of them. They would pull anything I hooked up behind them too, and easily. Gonna be hard to go from 18/20 mpg in my F150 to 12 mpg. I was wanting to get rid of this F350 flatbed and my F150 and just have one truck to feed and water. Need to do some more thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I swear I don’t see why Ford discontinued the V-10 in F250s. I got better than 12 mpg in every one I ever owned, and that was 6 or 7 of them. They would pull anything I hooked up behind them too, and easily. Gonna be hard to go from 18/20 mpg in my F150 to 12 mpg. I was wanting to get rid of this F350 flatbed and my F150 and just have one truck to feed and water. Need to do some more thinking.
                I think you were in minority of V10 owners that got better than 12 mpg.

Comment

I've got it in my 2081 F250. Like has been said, it's a great engine/truck, but the mileage isn't so hot. I get about 13.3 unloaded for the most part. I'll pull 12ft. single axle trailer with my mule on it and a load of corn in the bed and get around 10 MPG.

Comment

I had a 2016 F250 with 6.2 and now have a 2017 F350 with the 6.2.
                    My gas mileage over the lifetime of my f350 is 12.5.
                    I haul my slide in truck camper and also pull a loaded ATV trailer.
                    I love my 6.2 and have no reason with what I pull and haul to have anything with more power.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      I think you were in minority of V10 owners that got better than 12 mpg.
                      That may be, but I had two Excursions and five F250s with V10s. The last two pickups I only got 13/14 mpg, but that was because they discontinued the 3.55 gears and went with a 4:10 or 4:11. The others with the 3:55 gears got 16/17 mpg. ****** me off so bad that I bought a Chevy, but that temporary insanity didn’t last long.

Comment

i have a 2016 F250 6.2. it will pull that just fine. the gas mileage isnt too great. but i went back to factory 275 65 r20 tires about a week ago and my highway mileage went up about 2MPG

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          i have a 2016 F250 6.2. it will pull that just fine. the gas mileage isnt too great. but i went back to factory 275 65 r20 tires about a week ago and my highway mileage went up about 2MPG
                          Lots of people don’t realize that. Bigger, heavier tires are harder on everything. I never ran tires bigger than factory, that is, after I grew up.

Comment

I've got a 2015 with the 6.2l. It's a work/base package model and has been perfect for me. Pulling flatbeds with hay, gooseneck loads of cattle, and everything in between, as well as just about anything you can fit on the bed. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. Plenty of power and mileage averages about 12.3 (mix of ranch use, highway, and town driving).

I will say that my work has a 2020 with the 7.3 gas and 10 speed transmission and that thing screams with more power than my 6.2 with 6 gears.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                              I've got it in my 2081 F250. Like has been said, it's a great engine/truck, but the mileage isn't so hot. I get about 13.3 unloaded for the most part. I'll pull 12ft. single axle trailer with my mule on it and a load of corn in the bed and get around 10 MPG.
                              If I even whisper the word trailer around my 6.7 F-350 I drop down to 10. Doing that in a gasser ain’t so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X