No announcement yet.

TPWD Draw Hunts Catalog is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So What is the difference between the regular draw hunts and the E-Postcard Hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
      So What is the difference between the regular draw hunts and the E-Postcard Hunts?
      Postcard are free I think, no points accumulated or weighted, and you have to have an APH permit to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by a21davis View Post
        I put in for Government canyon and Enchanted Rock (closest to me) for archery and gun.
        Without doing the math, your highest odds are probably Enchanted Rock SNA - Gun Deer Antlerless. The archery for Gov canyon is your lowest. On the two for Enchanted Rock you have a decent shot at maybe getting a second draw as well if you miss the first go-around. I would assume in either of those categories most people have 4-5 preference points.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Postcard are free I think, no points accumulated or weighted, and you have to have an APH permit to apply.
          Thank you sir. I was having a hard time figuring it out.
          I couldn't see a place to put in to enter. I bet that you have to purchase the APH permit before it will allow you to put in for it on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
            Thank you sir. I was having a hard time figuring it out.
            I couldn't see a place to put in to enter. I bet that you have to purchase the APH permit before it will allow you to put in for it on the site.
            Yep that's correct.

Comment

so no they're not free

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                so no they're not free
                They are to the individual who was already buying the permit to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                  so no they're not free
                  No drawn hunts are free. Regular draw you pay to apply and then pay $80 or $130 for the permit. This is on top of the license cost and is for each hunt you win.

For E-Postcard you pay for a hunting license and APH up front, but then don't pay squat once you win. It's wayyy cheaper going this route. All you pay is $73 and pretty much get to apply to your heart's content.
                  Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 08-04-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                    No drawn hunts are free. Regular draw you pay to apply and then pay $80 or $130 for the permit. I believe you also have to buy the APH to hunt on some of the properties for the hunt period.

For E-Postcard you pay for a hunting license and APH up front, but then don't pay squat once you win. It's wayyy cheaper going this route. All you pay is $73 and pretty much get to apply to your heart's content.
                    Youth hunts are free.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a lot of people who buy the APH for other purposes already, we used to buy it every year for duck hunting. For them, it's free. If you buy the APH for the sole purpose of applying for postcard hunts then sure it's not free. Depends on how you look at it, splitting hairs.

Comment

Depends on how you look at it, splitting hairs.
                        Yeah exactly, the way I see it e-postcard application is not free like it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                          Youth hunts are free.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                          The youth still has to purchase a license, right? You can win without paying anything but you gotta purchase a license to attend, so it's not technically free either. Point being it depends on the perspective. Reality is nothing is free.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Yeah exactly, the way I see it e-postcard application is not free like it used to be
                            They did that because people would apply for free, take up the spot and then not purchase the permit or attend because it was an additional $48. This way there's a strong incentive to purchase it. In my opinion, none of the E-postcard hunts are spectacular. Richland creek is about the only one I'd even care to win.

Comment

Really surprised Balcone's is still an option. Time to revamp that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                Really surprised Balcone's is still an option. Time to revamp that one.
                                I live in it and can tell you. There's just not many animals here.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X