No announcement yet.

Texas A&M Football Gameday Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son goes to A&M. I have been to one football game in my life and it was an A&M game last year. I hate football, but it was a blast.

Dixie chicken is for atmosphere, not quality of food.

You will get a parking ticket.

Comment

Great info so far…thank you!

One additional question…since we don’t yet know what time kickoff will be, are the majority of the home games played in the late afternoon/evening or does it vary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

this year they should be 3 pm games. big games will be evening games. first couple of easy games willusually be noon

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
          Agreed. More than likely won’t find a reasonably priced hotel in CS this close to football season.
          Stayed at the comfort suites I think it was in Jewitt for $100 a night. Same room in college station was $700 a night or something silly like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
            My recommended order of events:

Friday: Dixie Chicken, Midnight Yell

Gameday: Corps of Cadets march in, Memorial Student Center, Game, Dixie Chicken

(Everyday: Ignore anyone that thinks Slayer is the greatest band of all time)
            This would make for a great experience. One thing I might add is to hit up the pre game tailgate scene. We are currently debating whether we are going to revive our TBH/Drilformance Tailgate this season. If we do, we always welcome anybody to stop by for some grub, drinks and watch the early games on the big screen.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Thread must be whacked at once. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              I opened this thread for the sole purpose of reading your response BoB

Good advice on here already OP. I'm not an Aggie but my wife is and our daughter graduated from there in 17, daughter had a great experience and I never worried about her safety while she was there.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                I opened this thread for the sole purpose of reading your response BoB

Good advice on here already OP. I'm not an Aggie but my wife is and our daughter graduated from there in 17, daughter had a great experience and I never worried about her safety while she was there.
                I don't really care. It's just funny. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wear comfortable shoes you will never get to sit down to watch the game

Comment

Chicken Oil Co. for a great burger, and cheap pitchers, was always a staple for me when partying in CS. I found the Dixie Chicken to be over hyped, over crowded, and a beating…but everyone should go.

If you are going to a college football game and don’t take in all you can of the tailgate scene, then you are missing the mark.

Comment

Not to get too off topic, but did anyone else think it was some kind of weird, stupid Aggie joke that last year the band would march in wearing masks and yet the half time performance was virtual?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200926_171420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	24657877

Name:	20200926_171432.jpg
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	24657878

Name:	20200926_171435.jpg
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	24657879

Name:	20200926_171448.jpg
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	24657880

Name:	20200926_171451.jpg
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	24657881

Name:	20200926_172659.jpg
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	24657882

Name:	20200926_173108.jpg
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	24657883

Comment

Alumni side

Originally posted by Bigdaddy View Post
                        Wear comfortable shoes you will never get to sit down to watch the game
                        Unless you are in alumni section

Stu section they stand but alumni have gotten lazy

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post

One additional question…since we don’t yet know what time kickoff will be, are the majority of the home games played in the late afternoon/evening or does it vary?

Being it’s against South Carolina the game most likely be in the afternoon time slot(3-4PM start) or maybe the early slot at 11am.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post

If I made a bet, I'd bet the SC game will be at 6PM.

Which would then mean my bet went wrong and they get to be an 11am kickoff.

Edit: per the above post, no clarity on this issue for you

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              This would make for a great experience. One thing I might add is to hit up the pre game tailgate scene. We are currently debating whether we are going to revive our TBH/Drilformance Tailgate this season. If we do, we always welcome anybody to stop by for some grub, drinks and watch the early games on the big screen.

Good call. Knew I left something out.

Bonfire memorial would be a good stop as well.

Comment

Make sure to download the game day app.

Comment

Working...
                                X