Texas wrestler brings home gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas wrestler brings home gold

All of Texas and the United States has to be proud of Tamyra Mensah-Stock for winning a gold metal in female wrestling. I listened to her interview this morning and she will become the new darling in America. A beautiful young lady with so much pride for representing America in the Olympics. She laughed and she cried during her interview while claiming to be so proud to represent the U.S.

What a breath of fresh air coming out of the Olympics.

She's a patriot and went to the games to compete, not to trash her country like the crappy women's soccer team.

Comment

Usa shooting has 3 medals.

A bronze is coming to DFW via Brian Burrows

Congrats to all of them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

She's from Katy. Gonna buy her mom a food truck. I'd be lying if I said she didn't make me smile in that interview.

Got to love proud Americans!

Comment

Opened this up hoping it was one of the Von Erich’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In light of what else we've seen from some athletes, hearing her talk is very refreshing

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
              Opened this up hoping it was one of the Von Erich’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              From Jewett, Texas

Comment

She began competing in track and field events but later pursued wrestling as a teenager at Morton Ranch High School in Katy, Texas at the age of 15 at the suggestion of her twin sister Tarkyia, who was on the school wrestling team and convinced her to join with her in a wrestling practice session. She nearly quit the sport of wrestling after her Ghanaian father died in a tragic car accident on his way home after watching a high school wrestling match where Tamyra took part. She blamed wrestling for her father's untimely demise and her father was regarded as her biggest fan

Impressive lady on a few fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  She's a patriot and went to the games to compete, not to trash her country like the crappy women's soccer team.
                  Or the shot putter...

Comment

Her interview was great.

And holy cow, when watching her wrestle I was floored by how quick and powerful she was.

Comment

Awesome!!

There are more than a handful of American athletes proud to represent the Great Old USA… at least that’s the impression I have gotten in the very brief time I have watched.

Comment

Greatest joy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_s2IbQ1Arg"]Tamyra Mensah-Stock's MUST-SEE interview after winning wrestling gold | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports - YouTube[/ame]
                        Last edited by Dusty Britches; 08-04-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X