No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have been lurking for a while and trying to get motivated to do something. I am 50 years old, 5'8" tall and 190lbs when I started 3 week ago. I have not worked out since college. I joined a CrossFit class! So far I am in the middle of week 3 going 5 days a week (Mon-Thur after work and Sat morning). I have really enjoyed it because there is something different everyday.

Week 1: OUCH!!!!!!! After the first two workouts I could barely even get up the stairs or off the couch (lots of leg work). I would have to go into the gym 45 min early to try and get loose. Plan was to only do 4 days this week however I was feeling better Sat morning and went ahead and went.

Week 2: Much better but still had to work through so pretty good soreness as we moved to heavy core work. Not near as bad as week one.

Week 3: Feeling really good and already dropped 7lbs. Monday was a BEAST of a WOD however I have not had the pain I have the first two weeks. Just a little sore and nothing a couple of good stretches wont cure.

Comment

Originally posted by TexHunter12 View Post
      So I have been lurking for a while and trying to get motivated to do something. I am 50 years old, 5'8" tall and 190lbs when I started 3 week ago. I have not worked out since college. I joined a CrossFit class! So far I am in the middle of week 3 going 5 days a week (Mon-Thur after work and Sat morning). I have really enjoyed it because there is something different everyday.

Week 1: OUCH!!!!!!! After the first two workouts I could barely even get up the stairs or off the couch (lots of leg work). I would have to go into the gym 45 min early to try and get loose. Plan was to only do 4 days this week however I was feeling better Sat morning and went ahead and went.

Week 2: Much better but still had to work through so pretty good soreness as we moved to heavy core work. Not near as bad as week one.

Week 3: Feeling really good and already dropped 7lbs. Monday was a BEAST of a WOD however I have not had the pain I have the first two weeks. Just a little sore and nothing a couple of good stretches wont cure.
      Good for you Tex! The best advice I have is stick with it. Consistency will pay off better than intensity. My wife does the crossfit stuff at our gym with some other folks while I'm lifting. They use an app that has their crossfit WODs on it.

Comment

I started about 2 months ago at a local gym. It's a functional strength class and we do all sorts of different stuff every day. My left elbow and bilateral knee arthritis have flared up bad, but so far I like it and will continue. Been averaging 3-4 days a week and starting to see alittle more tone. I will say that at 43 my body DOES NOT respond working out like it did 20 years ago! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexHunter12 View Post

Awesome and keep it up sir.

Yesterday was a push day for me.

20 min stair warmup

6 sets at 3 mins a piece for Shoulders, tris and chest.
          2 sets of tris and chest to failure to finish off

10 mins in the sauna

Just walked in the game for pull day

Hoping for 10 mins of stairs (my legs are dying from the other day)

6 sets at 3 mins for back and Bi’s
          1-2 sets at the end for a reps to failure

Sauna

Comment

Legs and shoulders today.

Front squat/military press
            Back squat/lateral raise
            Sled leg press/Bilateral shoulder press
            Leg extension/front raise
            Walking lunges/rear delt cable pull

Last day of 5X5 tomorrow. I'll finish it off with chest and biceps.

Comment

Last day of 5X5 training. I had it all planned out in my head what I was doing today, but wasn't planning on getting home at 930 and in bed at 1030. That alarm at 345 AM kinda sucked today. Chest and biceps today.

Incline DB chest press every setting to flat/preacher curl
              Bench press/hammer curl bar
              Seated wide grip bilateral chest press/BB curl
              Cable fly/overhead cable curls

Probably going to some kind of 4 day split starting next week and hitting the box for crossfit on Wednesday or make Wednesday a cardio/pool day.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I had a covid setback. Went to Florida last week for my son's wedding and came home with the Kung Flu. I feel ok... Just gotta stay away from the gym until all this passes. Doing flights if stairs at home just to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I had a covid setback. Went to Florida last week for my son's wedding and came home with the Kung Flu. I feel ok... Just gotta stay away from the gym until all this passes. Doing flights if stairs at home just to do something.
                  Happy to hear about the new family member and congrats!

Sucks about Covid. Hope it passes with ease sir!

-------------------------------------------------------

Today is suppose to be legs which is humanly impossible as far as I am concerned because I can still barely walk.... Going to try out some core and cardio during lunch and push legs back to tomorrow.

Comment

Knocked out cardio and core yesterday

Just walked in for legs.

Comment

Absolutely annihilated legs….

This new Hitt style workout is awesome but cruel at the same time

Comment

Gym hits hard on Sunday mornings so you have to hit mark harder.

Lift heavy and often.

Legs and back

Comment

Did a rest day yesterday.

Back at it for lunch today and its a pull day.

Comment

I finished my month of 5X5 last week, tweaked my dang shoulder on the last day. Go figure. I'm working on the next plan of action, but for this week I'll probably just stick to the plain Jane routine of 3X10. I'm looking at going to a program I used to use several years ago-a 4 day split M/T/T/F with Wednesday being a cardio day. Gotta figure out my rep range and sets, etc.

Chest and biceps today, but the should limited my weight on chest. Chest reps:16/14/12/10, biceps 4X8.

Incline chest press on smith/preacher curl
                            Bench press/BB curl
                            Seated wide grip bilateral chest press/hammer curl
                            Pec deck/overhead cable curls

Back and legs tomorrow.

Comment

Legs,and back today.

Comment

Knocked out pull day yesterday at lunch

Just finished a push day and sitting in the sauna

Comment

Working...
                                X