Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas strings no problems with them

Comment

How often do you guys replace a string? I've only owed two bows since I started bowhunting in 1999 and never replaced the string on either. Have been looking into options for my 2010 Monster lately.

Comment

I've got Gas.

Comment

Im another vote for 60X. I just ordered a new set for my daughters crossbow. Ill probably put new strings on my bow next year need them or not.

Comment

I just had mine restrung with Gas strings and so far I am really impressed with the product. Had Zebra for years and when the time came to restring I went with Gas.

Edit: I was told it was a 4 week delivery when i ordered but they actually came in 3 weeks.

Comment

I've got Vapor Trail on my Elite, been very happy.

Think my son is running GAS on his hunting and target bows.

Comment

60x

Comment

GAS and 60x.

I tried the Vec99 and wasn't a big fan honestly. Let's be honest...how hard is it to take 30 seconds every few weeks to wax your strings.

Comment

the kind that doesn't fray

Comment

60x

Comment

Gas

Comment

America's Best Bowstring. Good people and good strings.

Comment

OP, I was always told Gas strings, but there are some other ones on this thread worth checking into. Thanks for asking the question!

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            How often do you guys replace a string? I've only owed two bows since I started bowhunting in 1999 and never replaced the string on either. Have been looking into options for my 2010 Monster lately.
                            My cousin, who shoots for Mathews, claims about 5000 shots.

However, I just replaced mine on a bow I bought in 2018. I found every 3-4 days, I would be 4" low at 60 yards. I would adjust the sight, be dead on again. So i focused on form for a month. Still had issues.

Took bow in when I went to get new arrows, and the tech showed me the strings were starting to fray at the anchor points, and the servings were starting to come apart. I maintain my bow well, and its always inside while stored. I had probably 4000 shots on Zebra strings.

Comment

Huffys in Lampasas uses ABB strings. That is what they put on mine.

Comment

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X