Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pheasant mount came back, not my bird.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    feathers other than even the tail don't match. Not sure who would have chewed on them......
    The more I look at it, you are right. Definitely not the same bird. He should have a log of who he did pheasants for. IMO, he should find out who got your bird and swap them out. He either got it switched up or lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
      Which is why I won't mention his name or business. I don't get the opportunity anymore, crp is gone and so are pheasants. He's doing the best he can given the circumstances, just sucks, we were so excited to get it back then all the air went out of the balloon.
      I'd be upset too. Crap happens. But it still sucks.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavita View Post
        On the other hand, we were very very happy with how Erick’s Taxidermy in Decatur mounted my Axis deer - 5 stars for him! While my husband is an avid hunter, it was my very first deer ever (had never shot a gun before meeting my husband, so he taught me!) and even finished it a little ahead of what he quoted. Here’s my deer
        https://julie-rogers.smugmug.com/Julie-s-Axis/n-rgcz6t
        You are spoiled, that is a hell of a first deer, and very nice mount.

Op, that sucks, I would be upset too. I’ve seen a lot of big bodied bucks come back as skinny 3 year old looking deer. Bobcats are mostly awful. I’m probably going to go the skull mount route going forward

Comment

My taxidermist stuck my tail in a pen bird. He said when he went to mount it the neck feathers were slipping but the tail was so big he hated to not use it and stuck it in one of his pen birds! Worked for me. Sorry you’re didn’t happen the same. Least you got a mount back!! There’s some shore nuff taxidermy nightmare stories out there.

Comment

Could be an honest mistake and it sounds like he is trying to make it right. At least it’s just a bird of a lifetime and not a deer etc. of a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
              You are spoiled, that is a hell of a first deer, and very nice mount.

Op, that sucks, I would be upset too. I’ve seen a lot of big bodied bucks come back as skinny 3 year old looking deer. Bobcats are mostly awful. I’m probably going to go the skull mount route going forward
              Thank you! I was so excited when we saw him walk out of the brush. He had 34” beams I think they’re called? We have lots of meat in the freezer too! Was a fun day.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                Could be an honest mistake and it sounds like he is trying to make it right. At least it’s just a bird of a lifetime and not a deer etc. of a lifetime.
                Curious on the difference?

Comment

Bummer man. Beautiful wild bird vs ratty pen raised looks like to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    Bummer man. Beautiful wild bird vs ratty pen raised looks like to me.
                    Our anticipation after a year was over the charts then.......huh

Comment

Working...
                    X