Learn me on applicator license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn me on applicator license

What all is needed to get a license to be able to buy to the "good" herbicides? Does TSC actually require you to have license to be able to buy 41% glycophosphate and 2-4-D?

Go to the county extension office. They will have a book you can buy and study . It doesn't cost much and then they will let you know when the next test is given. Its a pretty easy test for the private applicator license. If you can read you can pass the test.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      What all is needed to get a license to be able to buy to the "good" herbicides? Does TSC actually require you to have license to be able to buy 41% glycophosphate and 2-4-D?
      You do not need a license to buy 41% gly or 2-4-D.

Comment

A lot of the regulated pesticides that require a license to buy are not labeled for residential use. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

You can buy remedy, 24d and Gly and TSC or atwoods. You just can only buy 1gallon jugs not 2.5 i think is the loophole. Or part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            You can buy remedy, 24d and Gly and TSC or atwoods. You just can only buy 1gallon jugs not 2.5 i think is the loophole. Or part of it.
            You can buy 2.5gal jugs, you can buy 30gal drums if you want. I’m not sure TS even carries chemicals you need an applicators license for anymore. I don’t buy from them often because I can get it cheaper in bulk through the co-op.

Like stated above, you don’t need a license for gly or 2-4d, but most of the chemicals I use to kill more than grass or broad leaf weeds does. Ie: wild rose, quisache, yaupon, vines.... You can buy Remedy and mix with diesel and kill **** near anything it touches, but you have to be careful with trees you don’t want to kill and it will get expensive quick.

Comment

The continued education is the worst. Government use to require so many hours of continued education yearly. Not sure if still required are not.

Comment

5 CEUs each year.

Comment

I need to spray fence lines. I want to kill everything along the fences dead, dead, dead. It's sticker vines, small trees, Virginia Creeper.....normal East Texas stuff. I have access to Garlon 4 that I get for free.

Comment

I need to spray fence lines. I want to kill everything along the fences dead, dead, dead. It's sticker vines, small trees, Virginia Creeper.....normal East Texas stuff. I have access to Garlon 4 that I get for free.
                    Then just mix the Garlon 4 with Grazon and Sufactant and you are good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                      You can buy 2.5gal jugs, you can buy 30gal drums if you want. I’m not sure TS even carries chemicals you need an applicators license for anymore. I don’t buy from them often because I can get it cheaper in bulk through the co-op.

Like stated above, you don’t need a license for gly or 2-4d, but most of the chemicals I use to kill more than grass or broad leaf weeds does. Ie: wild rose, quisache, yaupon, vines.... You can buy Remedy and mix with diesel and kill **** near anything it touches, but you have to be careful with trees you don’t want to kill and it will get expensive quick.

Ok i just never see if and i know its usaully only gallon jugs. I thoght there was something to that. You can buy Remedy at atwoods.

Comment

Im in the process now. Just need to go take the final exam.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                          Then just mix the Garlon 4 with Grazon and Sufactant and you are good to go.
                          Isn't Grazon just 2,4,D?

Comment

I've had good luck with the glycophosphate with some brush killer also added in for fence lines.

Comment

Isn't Grazon just 2,4,D?
                              No. Someone can come along and explain the exacts but the way i understand it. Grazon is better for mature weeds, Vines and some woody plants. As where 2-4-D is more of a soft stem and small weed killer.

We always spray 2-4D early in the season on yellow tops etc. Then later spring or summer spraying bull nettle, Goat weeds blackberry vines etc I always use grazon.

I cant say that its the exact thing to do but it works.

Ive been Spraying Grazon and Remedy mix the last few days on fence rows and new pasture thats been neglected.

Comment

Working...
                              X