Anyone else experience this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t draw my BOW! Check out video. Very Funny!
    I’ve experience more than my share of this the last few years. Helping 3 different people in the tree! Several years ago a North Missouri cold front had me trying to tough it out till dark in my climbing stand. When a mature buck came by just before shooting light ended, I stood up and began to draw and thought “oh snap” on my first attempt. Had to unleash beast mode to get her drawn and was able to harvest the buck. Not long after I bought a 60lb bow for that reason. My shivering, cold, stiff and aging body didn’t like drawing the bow. Felt like I was ripping every muscle and tendon in doing it.

Can’t say that i have but i imagine it will happen sooner rather than later. Not getting old yet, but I have back issues and it will take its toll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not going to admit it on an archery forum.

Comment

Happened to me this year on a 190” buck, was sitting in a tree at a weird angle and cold, couldn’t get drawn all the way back. When I finally did was shaking like a dog crapping a peach seed. Shot right over his back at 26 yrds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Christianhuff; 03-02-2021, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Mid October last year I was battling Covid. After about day 7, I started feeling a little better and decided to do a little social distancing in the woods with just my 11 year old son and me. Had several pigs come in just before dark so I stood and tried to draw back. After about 5 seconds of trying to draw I relaxed for a few more seconds before trying again. On the second try after about 5-7 seconds of constant strain, I was finally able to get it pulled back. It was all I could do to pull it back and I had almost given up. I'm sure glad I didn't. It was my first confirmed bow kill. I have shot two other pigs but never recovered them. Still haven't drew back on a deer. I couldn't believe how week I was and lack of energy I had. I thought I was gonna die dragging that pig out of the woods and loading him on my 4 wheeler. I couldn't have done it without my son.

Comment

Dang! I feel for you brother! Drop down to 60lb. I’ve killed more animals w my 60lb bow than when I shot 70! Including my bull elk and gobs of pigs! I’m considering getting a 70 again for warm weather and using my 60lb for colder temps however. I’m also getting back in the gym to get this aging body back in shape.

Comment

I've had that "Can do can't keep up with my want to" moment too...

Comment

I do whats called a "cold bore" shot before every archery practice session. I pick a 3d target at 40 yards with no warmup and see if I can hit the vitals. 8/10 times I'm accurate but its still a challenge. This also simulates sitting in a tree stand or blind in the cold for hours. My draw weight is at 70.

Comment

Happened to me on the first deer I ever shot. First shot I has to hold for about 3 minutes and missed by about 5 feet. He ran around to the other side of the tree and stopped. 2nd shot i couldn't get my bow back. Finally did after trying a few times and made a really lucky shot at 10 yard. My arms were burning.

Comment

I can’t even draw 55 lbs anymore. My shoulders are shot. I can play with my recurve a little but it’s only 45lbs.

Comment

Yes sir, I’ve been there. Elk hunt in Colorado. Sat on a water hole for a couple of hours in the cold. Of course I’ve been practicing in a tshirt at 95 degrees every day back home. Bull cones in and starts wallowing in the tank 25 yards away. I wait for my shot and start pulling back. Dang it! Something must be stuck in a cam!!! Look the bow over, and can’t find anything wrong. Try to draw again. **** something is wrong!!! Still don’t see anything amiss. Finally stuck my bow straight up in the air, pulled with everything I had. Bicep starts cramping like crazy, but I can feel the cams about to break over. Got it!!! Shot over his back about 2”!!! **** He gone!

Comment

I've heard of this..but most of the time I'm on autopilot and have drawn, anchored and "trying to pick a spot" is about when I become aware - if that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                          Yes sir, I’ve been there. Elk hunt in Colorado. Sat on a water hole for a couple of hours in the cold. Of course I’ve been practicing in a tshirt at 95 degrees every day back home. Bull cones in and starts wallowing in the tank 25 yards away. I wait for my shot and start pulling back. Dang it! Something must be stuck in a cam!!! Look the bow over, and can’t find anything wrong. Try to draw again. **** something is wrong!!! Still don’t see anything amiss. Finally stuck my bow straight up in the air, pulled with everything I had. Bicep starts cramping like crazy, but I can feel the cams about to break over. Got it!!! Shot over his back about 2”!!! **** He gone!
                          Oh man! That’s got to hurt! It is shocking when it happens. Like something is wrong! Lol.

Comment

I have a reoccurring nightmare where that happens and there are animals everywhere. Can't get the bow back.

Comment

Never for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X