No announcement yet.

What Rifle Do I Need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know where your at but I’m looking to sell my truck gun, it’s a 16 inch barreled Mossberg mvp chambered in 308 it takes ar10 mags and will shoot 3/4 of an inch with 150 grn rem corlokts that I can also include

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a tikka t3x Lite in 7-08 last year and cant recommend the gun as well as the caliber enough.

Comment

I don't know but that scope seems pretty nice for a truck gun. If you have any interest in big game think about a 300 win mag.

Comment

6.5 Grendel in a lightweight AR platform. Go SBR if you can. You'll be amazed what that little round can do in a light, easy to maneuver gun.

Comment

Ruger American Predator .308. It's my truck/Ranger/four wheeler gun. It's the cheapest rifle I own, but it gets the most use. You can't have too many .308's.
            Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-17-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Howa 1500 mini action 6.5 grendel
              Weatherby Vangaurd carbine 7-08, great little truck gun and are very accurate, mine is great for riding around and I have no problem shooting it out to 400 yards

Comment

.22-250,.243

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                  Howa 1500 mini action 6.5 grendel
                  Weatherby Vangaurd carbine 7-08, great little truck gun and are very accurate, mine is great for riding around and I have no problem shooting it out to 400 yards

I second the Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel. My son shot this 5 shot group this weekend with factory Hornady Black 123 ELDM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                    30-30 best trunk gun a person could have. Most truck guns need to be short, quick and have enough knockdown to get the job done.
                    I totally agree. A 30-30 lever action with see through scope mounts is a quick handling rifle for a truck gun. Great cartridge to 200 yards....

Comment

Cz American 527 in 6.5 grendel. Feed it 130 gr ballistic tips and you have the perfect gun for Texas game. Wonderful ballistics and your scope it would be the perfect match.

Comment

Savage Axis Predator in .204..
                        Probably find on on sale this week

Comment

.243 is a must in any cabinet SUPER huge range of bullets to choose from, .260 (can later modify to .260 AI) and you get the rainbow of bullets the 26 caliber offers or the new 6.5 PRC which I'm currently shooting running 156 Berger EOL's at 3042 fps out of a 24" barrel but will be developing at light load for as well....only draw back to the 6.5/26 caliber game right now is that some of the best powders and bullets are HARD to find. .243...not so much

Comment

Working...
                          X